Tangled

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by nobodynerd100, Oct 31, 2010.

1. nobodynerd100 Traverse Town Homebody

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I think it'll be alright. I'm gonna go see it and so far some of the gags are funny to teens as well as little kids.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Strange...there's been about one or two threads about this movie before. @-@ Yet they vanished.

Anyways, I'm a little interested to see how it'll play out. It's amusing to see the Rapunzel use her hair as a weapon(as seen in a trailer). I'm hoping the characters aren't bland but knowing Disney...>>

4. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    I really want to see it because it looks really fun! ^^

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I'd like to see this movie. Not sure if I am though, Seriously at first I did not know that this movie was going to be based off of Rapunzel, I just thought she had really long hair :P - But now that I think about it, it makes sense xD

6. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

... Niche?

Anyway, i have mixed feelings about it. Hopefully it will turn out good.I have hopes since John Lasseter is involved.

From Wikipedia
    ^Another reason i'm really curious about this film. Disney needs a good 3D film that doesn't say Pixar next to it.

7. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    For some reason the guy reminds me of Tulio from The Road to El Dorado. I would like to see this movie because the plot seems pretty funny and interesting

8. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I think this is Disney's way of giving a big "F&%$ You!!!" to the Grimm Bros. in this one. I would definitely would love to see this and the Princess and The Frog.

9. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    I saw it a while ago, but I really enjoyed it. There were a few things that bothered me(such as how her hair still stays clean despite dragging it all over the place) and this random deus ex machina event that leads to the ending fight. Other than that, it was a gorgeous and beautiful movie with a funny and fascinating storyline.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

LOVED IT~♪

At first, the "healing tears" thing seemed a tad deux-ex-machina-ey to me, but then I realized that since she was born under the influence of the sunflower (XD), it would make sense for her entire body to have healing properties, not just the hair. :/

The music isn't as catchy as in other Disney movies, and I really would've preferred Disney's 50th animated film to be hand-drawn instead of 3D, but it was still awesome. ESPECIALLY THE FLOATING LANTERNS! ♥

Also: frying pans ftw~

11. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

It was adorable and I cried. .more than I want to admit really. But I kinda wished it was done in 2D animation than this 3D, but Disney pulled it off nicely without Pixar.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Tangled! It's really a good addition to the Disney Princess collection. I enjoyed it a lot when I first watched it in my Theatre Arts II class, and if I remember right, I did cry.

I'm gonna buy it on DVD as soon as I can. (even though it came out a while back)

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Tangled on Netflix?

ok, so I haven't really had the biggest urge to watch it, but I would have if I had the oppertunity, and apparently that's now. I just found out that Tangled is on Netflix, so I'm going to watch it. I've heard it's pretty good, but what's your guys's opinions on it?

14. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

My opinion:

The quality of Tangled is that of the Disney classics. Yes, it is computer animated. But the backgrounds and the colours and just all of the artwork have something about them gives them that magic that a painted background does. And the music. And the characters. And <3 oh my gosh just watch it.

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

umm, I'm not sure I quite got what you were trying to say there.

16. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

I think she basically means that the movie gives out a feeling similar to how you watch most of the classic Disney movies, with a slice of computer animation and modern-day humor, and I completely agree with this. It's really a great movie that you should watch if you want to feel the old Disney nostalgia feeling.

17. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

The movie is pure Disney awesome. Music, characters, an actual villain, you needz to watch it.
    What I want to know is why it's instant watch on netflix, they don't usually do that with Disney movies, especially recent ones.
    Regardless it really got back to what Disney is about, even being a computer animated film.

18. Misty gimme kiss

_MERGED
    with the pre-existing Tangled thread. It may have some opinions worth checking out. ;o

Personally I haven't seen it, but I'd like to. If it's any vote of confidence, the theater I work in kept it for nearly two months because it did such excellent business.

19. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

EGAD, you haven't seen it yet? Thought it was a staff requirement to see all Disney movies.
    You must be enlightened.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

so I finished watching it, and I thought it was pretty good. But am I the only one that thought they made Repunzal look like in her twenties or something when her hair was cut? Although I think she looked better with it cut