Kingdom Hearts II "tell me why he picked you"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by hrabbit, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrabbit Destiny Islands Resident

Ok when I played kh2 i though that in the sora vs roxas thing in the world that never was roxas said "Why did they keyblade choose you?" but when I was making a kh vid I watched that scene over again and he said "why did HE choose you?"

who is "he"? was he referring to riku? or something eles?
    [​IMG]

just wondering what you think

2. Kiburedo Traverse Town Homebody

hmm...maybe he was talking about Xemnas or Diz choosing him, diz choosing Sora to be the one to stop the organization, or Xemnas choosing him to help him gather hearts.

3. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    Interesting, I never realised.
    But I'm guessing its minor...
    Could put some thought into it though.

4. Roxas OG

Well, if he doesn't actually say it then dismiss it as a typo.

5. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

yea, couldn't it be 'tell me why she picked you!'

he could be refering to why namine picked sora to get to go to sleep in a pod when roxas has to deal with all that crap he dealed with ^-^

god i just noticed theres like 5 female characters in kh not counting the disney ones, and like 20 or so males or something :\

6. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    o.O I misunderstood you...I thought...well w/e.
    I guess then it's just a typo cuz its not a way of hiding secret info on a next game.

7. libregkd -

8. JustANobody Twilight Town Denizen

I think the 'he' he meant was Riku.As in,when Riku was fighting Roxas, and instead of letting Roxas continue to live his normal life,he chose to wake up Sora,who was basically Roxas anyway,and caused Roxas to live a lie.

OR,did anyone think of this: Roxas was talking outloud to himself?

Like,maybe Xemnas sent Roxas to fight Sora to see who would be of more worth to him in collecting Hearts.He could have been pinning Sora against his own Nobody for his own selfish use.When Roxas said 'Tell me why he picked you?' he could have been talking to himself.Remember how Roxas wanted to meet Sora?I highly doubt that he would kill him if he wanted to meet him.Plus,we couldn't see any emotion on Roxas's face,since it was covered by his hood.

It makes sense if you think about it.

9. why? riku- bst m8 duh

why? kwyblade - welll soras keylade was going to choose riku untilll he yeids to the darknesss sora worrying for riku made his heart stronger so it chose him instead and kairi as well

why? diZ - diZ himself says "he needs somwone who can move around in the realm of light"

why? xemnas - he used them all. welll because they were the only ones who could

10. hrabbit Destiny Islands Resident

yeah I guess that does make sense the way you put it

11. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

It makes sense, but I reckon it's just a typo really. I assumed that Roxas was talking about why Riku woke up Sora instead of letting Roxas live his Nobody life.

12. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

13. Person Destiny Islands Resident

i always assumed that he was talking about the Keyblade choosing Sora (thus finding out why he himself had the Keyblade, a question he left the Organization for) and that it was more of a translation problem. doesn't he say "he" in the English one? *can't remember*

14. Random Idiot Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Riku, and Riku's choice to capture Roxas to ensure that Sora would wake up.

Random Symbolism Note: ALSO, it is generally accepted knowledge that Roxas' two Keyblades, Oblivion and Oathkeeper, are symbolically associated with Riku and Kairi respectively. (Oathkeeper is Kairi's good-luck charm, referring to Sora's promise to return it to her (Oath-keeper), and Oblivion is associated with Riku because a: you find it in Game One on a ledge behind where you fight Riku-possessed-by-Ansem, plus during said battle, he often shouts, "Welcome Oblivion!", and b: in Game Two, you get it after meeting up with Riku in the World that Never Was.)

Keeping this association in mind, isn't it a little too coincidental that Roxas points at Sora accusingly with Oblivion when he beats Sora after asking the question "Why did he pick you?"

I just thought that was interesting. :D

15. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    I've always noticed that. I don't think he's exactly referring to the keyblade itself, so I don't think its a typo. Plenty of people have chosen Sora (i.e. Riku, DiZ, Mickey, even Xemnas!) But I think it might be that whoever the keyblade masters before Sora, Riku, Mickey, and Kairi might have sent off the keyblades to their new masters, and this one picked Sora to be his successor. I don't know. Just a suggestion.

16. Random Idiot Merlin's Housekeeper

Good point! I don't think anyone thought of that.

17. Marluxia XI Banned

B.U.T. Roxas did actually say why did he pick you.

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It's probably referring to a person/being that MIGHT be the source of the keyblades or something.

I don't know, it's just a speculation. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.