Birth by Sleep Terra sees the future why?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Sufris, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Note: Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or anything. If so, sorry. ><

I'm confused. I was watching some scenes from Terra's story since I needed references for this story I'm writing...which is totally beside the topic.

It's just...what the hell, Terra? First time I really noticed it was when he was on Destiny Islands, with Riku, and when Riku stands by the sunset, he sees young Master Xehanort and then Kingdom Hearts II Riku, which is like, 11 years from then. Terra even pulls off the "what the fu--" face. I was thinking that it was some sort of symbolism, but...

Then, just today, when I was going through the cutscenes on my PSP, I was on the cutscene when Master Xehanort talks to Terra about Vanitas. It's called "The Abomination" under "New Calling", but I'll put a video thingo there.

Basically, if you're too lazy to watch, Xehanort says: "...his darkness is drawn to the light which he seeks to disrupt...and then destroy." Then scenes from Keyblade Graveyard, surrounded by purple mist, play. Both containing Vanitas harming Ven and Aqua in their armor in some way (it also shows them with their Wayfinders in Land of Departure but that's beside the point).

And how does he know the light brought him there for Riku? It's not like the sun is hitting him or anything (not the point, though...).

So, all I'm saying is... What?!

Destiny Islands, 3:22:

[video=youtube;NPK2HD90Ulw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPK2HD90Ulw[/video]

Keyblade Graveyard, 0:57:

[video=youtube;MJjxf8hCeZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJjxf8hCeZY[/video]

(Random fact: Ven seems to be ambidextrous. -shot-)

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i was wondering about this as well. i don't think it's foreshadowing or anything because Terra reacted to those visions both times it happened. maybe darkness gives him the power to see into the future?

3. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

I'd like some darkness nao. OnO

Yeah... You have a point, actually, since in those times, Terra was in some way with darkness and had something to do with darkness. It seems...off, though. I guess it's because it was only Terra who ever experienced this. Do you know, by any chance, if Nomura hinted at this?

4. Shift Chaser

The light brought Terra exactly when Riku and Sora were arriving.
    He noticed Riku was a lot like him and assumed the light brought him there so he could help Riku get the power to protect his friends, or something along those lines.

Also;

5. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

...So like, it's just foreshadowing and symbolism? That's... That's...ugh, Nomura...

Anyways, thanks, Red.

6. P Banned

Where can I find all these interviews? It seems as though they'd be quite the useful read.

My interpretation of the events is that Terra senses that -something- is going to happen, and the portrayal of that is merely artistic licence. So Terra recognises that Riku has potential darkness in him. This is shown to the viewer by linking it to the future Riku, while with Terra, it's not a direct vision into the future, and more of a subtle feeling.

7. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I would also love to know where to read these interviews lol.
    I would of said what Nomura did since Terra made Rkiu his succsessor then he saw what it would do to him in the future.... Everyone belives I would of said that without the interview there ,right?

8. Shift Chaser

9. P Banned

Thanks, saved.

It'd be nice if Nomura made these interviews/explanations available to all players, as opposed to those who actually manage to find them. There must be a lot of confused players out there who think Terra can see the future.