Dream Drop Distance TGS Confirmed Information (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Kyubi the Keyblade Master, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

Here is what we know about KH3D thus far thanks to Tokyo Game Show:

-Sora and Riku have donned spiffy new outfits. Riku has a haircut.
    -Riku is not wielding Soul Eater. He is wielding Way To The Dawn.
    -Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery exam takes place in "the world buried in sleep."
    -The new enemies are known as Dream Eaters.
    -Sora and Riku have Dream Eater companions who fight alongside them.
    -Neku from The World Ends With You is in the game.
    -Neku is caught in a Reaper's Game. He's got the number on his hand.
    -Braig may be back. There was a scene of Braig asking Xehanort if his memory has returned.
    -Quasimodo's world is called Le Cité des Cloches (The City of Bells).
    -The Y button allows the playable character a "Dual Link" attack with their partner.

Do share your thoughts! =D
    More will be added to this Spoiler tag if more is learned.

2. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Wow. So that is what was with the unicorn dog thing and the bat. I wonder if they have some sort of combat thing to them for the game. And Dream Eaters? Doesn't exactly sound like a world threatening enemy but it fits the title.

3. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I'm going to sound like a annoyance, but where's Kairi? What the heck Nomura! I love ALL this, but where's some smigen of Kairi? Where? T_T where is she? She has a keyblade......... -pouting-

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

If it had to be my guess,

Destiny Islands.

I mean, yeah she has a Keyblade.
    But she's not ready to take on Xehanot/Mark of Mastery/any big bad at all.

I wish she could, but that could happen later.
    Other than that,
    TWEWY in KH my heart it is not ready ;A;

Neku looks pretty strange rendered in 3D, but I just want Traverse Town to be absolutely great.
    Just yes.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about short Riku hair, or Sora looking younger, but that's probably just the effects of this "world in sleep".

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, technically Riku still has soul eater. After all, Way to the Dawn just formed from Soul Eater. In fact, it happened in TWTNW. But still, I'm wondering how the pet thing is going to go. They can really screw a game or make it great depending on how they work with the animals.
    And I say they should have Kairi do the master exam. She may not have fought like Sora and Riku, but she's still a part of the team

6. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Sora saved the universe twice. Riku once. What has Kairi done? Nothing but lose her heart and get kidnapped. Plus she only killed a few heartless. Maybe they'll make her playable in a future game. Don't know how that would go though. Was Braig in the Organization outfit or his outfit from BBS? It might have been a flash back or something.

7. Evilgidgit Merlin's Housekeeper

Poor Kairi, left alone again on the islands to wait around.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

she's a princess of heart. I think that makes up for it

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

No, it doesn't. She got that by luck. Kairi should take the exam if and only if she gets more combat experience. It's not that she's not a fighter, it's that she's not ready. In BBS, Ven didn't take the exam for that same reason, if I recall.

She didn't do anything to save the world except turn Sora back to a human form which any Princess of Heart could do (though Kairi would have been the only one to recognize him, most likely).

10. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

TWEWY characters in Kingdom Hearts
    Oh **** yes
    OH **** YES
    [video=youtube;_aiAdL8yy1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiAdL8yy1Q[/video]

11. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

ogod yes.

I'm seriously tempted to get a 3DS just for this game 8D

I was not expecting TWEWY to be in it. Also, that pet thing is gonna be weird, but who knows how it'll play out.

12. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

New gameplay footage of Riku has finally surfaced the web, I thought this topic would be the best place to post this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdZUTiVS8E
    The game looks great so far, I can't wait to be able to use Way To The Dawn in combat. I also think that Riku's bat and unicorn companions are pretty interesting characters. :)

13. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

The more I see this game the more I want it. It seems the enemies are more animal based this time. I didn't really see the helping animals attacking or anything. Basic combat here though I did like how Riku's Blizzaga is a physical attack this time.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

it's starting to look really good. I wish we could see a cutscene, but that's fine. I wonder how it will be like actually trying to play this game. And it will be nice playing as riku without having to use cards as a means to attack

15. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

16. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Well, to be honest, as much as I love Kairi, it's just like LilBueno said. Once she gets the experience, I have no doubt about her taking the exam.

I really wonder how the mark of mastery will turn out, that's the one thing I'm dying to know. It's Sora and Riku, it could go either way. Sora is that awesome main character who learns as he goes by and has that heart of light that no one can defeat. He's strong willed and determined which makes a great character. But then again, not always does the person you expect to win does. Riku has more experience to me. He's technically the rightful owner to the keyblade and all, and common, it's Riku. So yeah. XD

17. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

That "unicorn" looks more like a buck (male deer/elk) to me. xP

18. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm equally as elated for the release of KH3D, but a unicorn? Really?

Even Tinker Bell wouldn't be as bad. Hell, maybe even Iago.

19. Llave Superless Moderator

Wow! that was great to watch!

Actually, seeing the allies in combat for some reason seemed really cool! They actually may grow on me!

20. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

To be honest, I'm glad that Kairi is not playable in this game since we just had BBS not too long ago which featured 3 playable characters already. I think it's nice for Square Enix to just focus on Sora and Riku for this game, with fewer characters that gives room for the company to give characters more abilities and longer stories. Hm, maybe after KHIII, Square Enix can make a spin-off game of Kairi training with her keyblade while Sora and Riku were taking the mark of Master Exams though?