The end of the world? 2012

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Oct 12, 2007.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes, I think the world will end on this date.

9.0%
  2. Nah, the chances are slim-da-nil.

91.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

According to some scientists somewhere in...some country and China, people believe that the world will actually end on December 21st, 2012.

They say that on that date, the planets will all align together except for Earth, causing it somehow turn so that the North Pole will be the equator (or something, I really don't feel like looking it up at the moment for mucho details.) They say that the the change will be an absolute devastation; everything will be flooded, the Ring of Fire will all erupt at the same moment, and all hell will break lose. Some believe it, others don't. I happen to be one of those who don't.

They have said that the world will end when the year 2000 would come. It's been seven years ever since then, and we're still standing. Some have also said that on 6/6/06, the devil should apparently come out of hell and destroy everybody too (...I'm probably wrong, I really don't give a damn about what the Bible says.) But apparently, no inhuman being has come out of hell yet, and we're all alive and well, no?

But what do you think about it? Is this all a bunch of crap, or is it believable?

2. Code Wii Merlin's Housekeeper

Well I believe the world won't end there but at some point past 2015 (if we don't change what we're doing to the environment) the world could stop life but then past 2300 or something life could begin again.

That's my opinion.

3. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

i heared of that but if you look at it...the chinese calanders are ahead of ours isnt it. so is it our 2012 or their 2012

Edit: the Myans thought that also, but isnt their civilazation is already dead?

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

i've seen tht special. i don't believe it will end on that date.

5. ransu Merlin's Housekeeper

hmm...its hard to say whether or not it will happen because no one actually knows what will become of this planet and all the things that live on it.
    i dont believe that the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012, but the pollution will not end for sure. almost everything we do is polluting the earth if you think about it. also the earth is destroying itself from its storms and some other natural stuffs.

6. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

2012?
    get real if the world ends it wont be that soon and another thing if the planets line up i highly doubt that the earths tilt will increase because of it

7. newman Destiny Islands Resident

A look back into history.

If you look back into the history of the world,it has always been speculated that the world would end at certain times. Thankgoodness for us it never happened,but alot of us were known to believe that it would.One of these days somebody is going to get it right.so we need not discount them.I viewed this report and it alarmed me with the facts they have proven as yet.Maybe something will change between now and then?We can only hope,meanwhile not bringing something else upon ourselves.This was a very well written report and cause for concern,don't you think?

8. ransu Merlin's Housekeeper

i wonder if we will live on a different planet if earth was going to end in 100 years or so.

9. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

your right people always think the worlds gunna end lol its just how some people are COUGH*PARANOID*COUGH!

10. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

Thats just a bunch of bull crap. Planets have aligned and disaligned with each other for centuries. That doesn't matter, no planet directly effects the Earth, the only thing that does is the sun.
    Second, religon needs to shut it.
    Third with that whole 2000 thing the only thing I heard was Y2K, and that was because they didn't know if the computers would set to the year 2000 or revert back to 1900. Which was stupid that was why people went out and bought gasmasks and water.

11. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Planet allignment has happened before... A couple of years ago... With nothing too bad happening. I doubt that it'll do something this time.

12. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    Its slim that this will actually happen. How would the plant be rotated so the pole was on the equator? What does that have to do with aligning planets? Nothing.

In my opioin, its a load of *** and nothing bad is going to happen except terroist warnings and the usual bad bits and pieces.

13. Luka Deafening silence

It's so not true ...
    I THINK THE WORLD WONT GO UNDER 'TILL "2100 =\

14. Shuhbooty moon child

I saw a History movie about that. they say that the Aztec's calender ended on that day of Dec 21, 2015. That's what the say. but there other saying's. Like the mountain in Yellow stone [forgets the name] with erupt and the ashes will block sunlight. bring the world without food, and what not.

15. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

It's just 'The Yellowstone Supervolcano' We watched a documentary movie about it last year...

16. Shuhbooty moon child

I watch it from time to time off of the Discorvory channel. but that's what they say.

17. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    You can't expect everything you hear to be true, can you?

18. Mirai King's Apprentice

Kudara-ne~-ze! Shinji-ne~-n-da-ze!

Really, the planets will allign? That may be true, but I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Afterall, the Earth IS 4.5 billion years old. That's long enough for the planets to allign a few times. I'd like to see some sources. And I don't mean Weekly World News.

Also, the Mayan calender does not end on that date. It is the ending and start of a cycle, that has already happened 13 times.

So, yeeeeaaaahhhhh. Ain't gonna happen. This planet will be destroyed when our star, Sol, lets itself go and gets bigger than my Papa Carol (No offense, Jii-chan). By that time, humans (or, our descendant species) will either be dead or another planet.

19. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

I heard that in an effort to make sure that robots don't destroy us all that the world smokes over the sky blocking out sunlight and we as humans are forced to move underground. Where the robots soon after start growing humans for fuel basicly and to keeps them from know whats going on they hook their brains up to a computer model of how the world once was.

Once again, there have been way to many times when people say the world will end. And calling it out on one day is stupid, it will take longer than a few years, or maybe not. But if anything we kill ourself by posioning the air we breath with chemicals.

^if you don't get the first part, then you fail as a human.

20. Mirai King's Apprentice

The Matrix FTW!

One of my favorite sayings is: "The end of the world has been tomorrow since sentience." Yeah, I made that up. Give credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.