The First Black Disney Princess

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by reptar, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2. Mish smiley day!

-moved to Disney section-

It's not exactly controversial.. I mean, Jasmine and Pocahontas had dark skin too.

3. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know but they mean like african merican because Jasmine was like from India and Pocahontas was an indian

4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

We already know that. And i think it's gonna be the hell of a movie. It takes place on New orleans of the 1920's and it'll be directed by J.L. . I' m looking forward.

5. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Sounds good. I wonder how they will expand the movie to make it long enough, and have enough conflict...

6. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Good point.

7. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

Yep, I heard about that movie like in 2005. And then I heard that Disney's first black princess was going to be in it sometime last year I think. I'm planning on seeing it.

8. SplitOverload Chaser

Pocahontas was Native american indian. Jasmine was like...middle eastern.

Black Disney princess. congrats.

9. Prince of Twilight Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah,I've heard of this before.It looks cool,I wanna see it

10. Repliku Chaser

I was just talking about that today with my buddies in an IRC channel heh. They have been going through some serious plotting for it and really working on it so it seems like it's going to possibly be a really good movie. It's been in the works now for a while and it comes out in 2009 so they seem to really want to make it excellent. I am just glad to see they changed the girl's name from Maddy to Tiana. It is a big improvement....Maddy was just an awful name. Also the name of the movie originally was going to be "The Frog Princess" so I'm glad they altered that too. They listened to the opinions of people and it really sounds good so far. I just hope they are going to work on her appearance a bit more because the conceptual art isn't that great for her.

11. Katsquatch Klone #5 Twilight Town Denizen

The first black princess.

About time. I will probably see it ^^

12. Mish smiley day!

[​IMG]
    The one on the left looks all right, but the other looks a bit.. Bratz-ish. xp I love the flapper-girl style. :33

I thought Maddy was a nice name.. :\

And I still stand by my point.. so what if there's a black princess? It's nothing too exciting. I mean, so far the princesses have been mermaid, native American, Indian, Chinese... etc. So it's not like Disney isn't diverse..

13. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Yeah. There's been everything BUT a black princess. XD

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

O yeah your a lesbian arint you? So am i!(well i like both) (sorry im random)

15. Da Freak Twilight Town Denizen

I'd love too see her in KH. I might go see it just because it's the first 2-D movie they made for theaters,for like ever.

16. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

actually i think it is going to be 3D

17. Stardust Chaser

THE FROG PRINCESS?!

-Blinks rapidly-

I...Read a book called that, a long time ago >.>; As in, the Frog Princess, not The Princess and The Frog as on Wikipedia. Upon further inspection, though, it was a different story, so I don't need to freak out anymore XDD. I was a liiitttle bit scared, for just a minute there.

Anywho, I don't see why they hadn't done a black princess before, I THOUGHT they might have already but I...Guess not...O.o Well, they have a lot of different princesses, so I don't see this as much of a suprise. Can't say I'm amazingly excited for the movie, but maybe it'll be pretty good.

18. Repliku Chaser

I don't really like the first pic either of her...what's with the eyeshadow all the way up to her brows so darkly? But yeah, it does look prettier to me than the one on the right that was posted. Those are the only two pics released of her so far.

I wouldn't have minded the name Maddy if it wasn't such a common name to Matilda, which both names were just serving girl sorts of names. If it had been short for Madelyne, or Madeleine, then sure. Tiana though just sounds prettier to me.

As for why it's somewhat a big deal that it's a 'black princess' is because people have often accused Disney and many businesses of being prejudiced and I think people were getting tired of the blonde haired, blue eyed princesses to represent every girl, because young girls do like them. Also, doing a movie on a black princess makes it somewhat controversial and because of the tensions sometimes caused by prejudice, people wonder how it will come out and if it will be something that kids and adults can enjoy without it causing problems. It has great potential because it is such a big production.

I just hope with all the hype it's getting that it turns out to be better than Pocahontas because that movie was so bad. They should never have done the movie on her. Pocahontas's life was actually more a tragedy and it would have been better had they either done a story on Sacajawea or some fictional Native American. I'm glad Tiana is fictional, which helps to reduce the problems that Pocahontas had. Wise move, Disney.

19. Xadllas Traverse Town Homebody

No its going to be animated (2-D)

20. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh cool finally i missed those 2D animation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.