The Loch Ness; Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

For years, people have been debating over the Loch Ness monster, which is rumored to live in one of Scotland's old lakes. Some people have been starting to believe it, after a few video records, and a couple of pictures that apparently show the monster's head out of the water, a few ripples here and there, whatever.

What do you think about the Loch Ness? I personally think it's pretty fake.

2. Nanaki Broken in six places

I believe That Loch Ness Monster is a plesiosaur that survived....please...don't ask me why....>.>;

3. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I haven't really made my mind up about this one. There are a lot of plausible explanations for the sightings, but the Coelacanth was supposed to be extinct until they were found off the east coast of South Africa in 1938. It could be that a plesiosaur has survived.

For anyone with insomnia and boredom there is a webcam feed of the loch for Nessie watchers. I have attached the link:

http://www.lochness.co.uk/livecam

4. AnimeGirl104 Hollow Bastion Committee

I was wondering,if all the dinos were exterminated,how'd all the animals get here?

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think it's fake, there's no proof that it exists. People claim to have seen it & have taken pictures of it, but you can easily create fake pictures.

The upside of it is it brings in loads of tourists up towards Loch Ness & the rest of Scotland. :p

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I don't really know if Nessie exists or not. I for one like the fact that there are some mysteries left to discover in this world. The Jersey Devil, Nessie, MothMan, etc. Gives us something to search for. Perhaps these things we label as 'paranormal' are not meant to be discovered.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to sit here and stare at this webcam link. 8D

7. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I'm not going to say it's impossible because according to people who have seen it, the Lock Ness resembles an ancient dinosaur (forgot name >.<).....and the chances that it survived whatever whooped the dinosaur's asses is quite possible.

It may not be a monster but just a dinosaur that's been living in there all this time, and maybe there are more then one which means it would mate with each other and have more little babies :3

8. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

It is said that it is an anicent dinosaur that have survived.
    And once someone used 12 sonar boats and placed them out on a straight line over the lake and when they looked at the sonar they got a big signal from town there o.O.
    But I seriosely don't really know what to belive xD.

9. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Dinosaurs just represented a decent fraction of the reptiles of that era. There were still mammals fish, and reptiles that were able to survive.

I think the Loch Ness Monster is a much more shoddy theory than any belief in ghosts, since we've still to discover everything that energy is capable of. If it really does happen to be a dinosaur that survived the probability of such an event mammoths the probability of whether or not God exists. I mean, how would it have survived and accumlated enough food to survive for so long, and in such a small body of water (small in regards to other great bodies of water)?

10. N Hollow Bastion Committee

He's right. How could a very BIG beast like that survive in a small pond? Unless he's a vegetarian I could understand. :3

Well, mammals and reptiles are two different things. Reptiles are cold-blooded, mammals aren't. Now, if you're a christian then you've heard about Noah's Ark and how he only took the animals God created.
    I say dinosaurs are mutations of the original thing, that's why they're gone.
    I wouldn't consider Nessy to be a reptile because it lives in the water most of the time. Aligators and crocks are reptiles but they stay on land most of the time, which is different from Nessy. I would say Nessy is more likely a giant reptile like fish.
    I'm not concluding, this is my theory because turtles are reps and they stay on land and water too. So, I'm confusing myself...lol.

11. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Well believeing what you want to believe is your right, but I can't see how something that survived for a good while being small would suddenly see size as having an advantage. If the earth was as it was (from biblical standpoint) making an entire species grow in size to only further dwarf their surroundings doesn't make sense. And if Noah's Ark is being tossed into this, if everything was as God had created from the beginning, there being no need for change, how does mutation fit into this? I may be treading off topic, but you're saying one thing and then another; that all the animals on the Ark were as God had made them, but reptiles mutated some time during their existence.

12. N Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, who'd even believe Nessy was real?
    If he is he's a pretty ugly thing!:p

13. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

I think myself it maybe just a spirit of Scotland or a story to scare young children. As proved all of the images taken HAVE been busted.

WATCH ME BUST!-batman music-

[​IMG] Their is no point on the lake that you are able to just get water, without land unless you are up next to it.

A toy put into the water.

Dear God, I know that was a ton of busting. I'm trying to find another one, but still I think it is myth.

14. Ansem-the-Wise Destiny Islands Resident

There's only one thing we can do to know it: We've got to take the water out of Loch Ness and... However I don't think this monster exists. If there would be a monster our technology would have found it already. (I guess/hope)

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's a good debate but all it's got to be fiction. The ripples were probably just the wid and the sightings were just a trick of the eye or some other REALISTIC type of sea animal. If the Lock ness is real it wouldn't be huge it might just be another type of fish thats unique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.