Birth by Sleep The Mysterious Figure -Major Spoilers-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Llave, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Llave Superless Moderator

The Mysterious Figure, an insanely difficult boss to beat from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, remains one of the most unknown characters in the saga. We all have our speculations on who he is, (has to be a guy, cause who would in their right mind make a girl character who is more jacked than Lexaeus) but none seem to reveal the true man in the hood. You can say your opinions, But i would like to throw out mine. The ground I'm standing on is that he is the Nobody of Master Eraquis. This would prove why he is so similar to Xemnas in the way of the weapons. Since Xemnas is the Nobody of mostly Terra and Xehenort, (+ heart of Eraquis) it would make sense that this figure somehow influenced Xemnas. But the problem is this: Master Eraquis is a keyblade master, wouldn't he have his keyblade? Why Ethernal like weapons? And his style does not match that of master Eraquis when you fight him as Terra. This could have a loop hole saying that when the heart went into Terra, his Nobody's ability to use the keyblade vanished. After all, Eraquis was killed by Xehenort's releasing keyblade. this could have triggered the figure. Plus the figure is at the land of Departure, the same place where Eraquis was slain. and as for the keyblade itself, Aqua keeps it when she finds it to seal Ven into the room of Awakening. the Biggest problem is this: he doesn't appear through a corridor of darkness, but almost appears through some sort of temporal flux. this dude for all we know could be from the past, present, or future. this can be supported by his weapons, and the keyblade you get from him. they both resemble watch hands in some sort of way. this may all be to crazy to comprehend, but i would like to hear what you guys think.

2. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

hey whats up

quick question i have the three story modes on critical, and when i played through terras story and fought master eraquis. i didnt see terra absorb eraquis heart, also how that be his nobody when his heart wasnt struck? i went back in the theater and didnt notice it.

3. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

@ sslv4goku
    Eraqus's heart was absorbed by Terra when he falls at the Land of Departure. He is shown to disolve into little lights, but there was no orb floating away that usually shows up when one loses a heart (I'm pretty sure, can't remember entirely). The secret ending also
    shows Terra talking to Master Xehanort and it is mentioned how Eraqus is helping Terra keep strong while competing for Apprentice Xehanort's body.
    It doesn't actually show it, but it is assumed that MX stabbed Eraqus from the back. He walks up to Terra once Eraqus disappears and Terra asks him, "Why, MX?"

I'm not sure who the mysterious figure is. My gut feeling was another Xehanort counterpart. Then I thought maybe Eraqus. But I really have no idea. For all we know, it could actually be a completely new guy. (Possibly someone who will be major when Nomura finishes the Xehanort saga.)

4. Arch Mana Knight

All nobodies have a weapon similar to their "somebody" counterparts. Briag has crossbow-like weapons, and Dilan has a single lance. So logically, Xehanort should have a similar weapon to Xemnas. I'm really thinking it's some kind of version of Xehanort...young Xehanort perhaps? Or maybe Terranort.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice how his battle pose is similar to Riku's and Vanitas'? He holds his right weapon up like they do, except his is in reverse grip while theirs aren't.

6. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

@rena88 huh i was thinking that mx was talking about riku when they were fighting for control of terras body. also what info suggests that mx stabbed eraquis in the back after battle with terra with mx walking up to him saying "him Why".is their a video or anything? also there are a couple of details about the game, when mx stabbed his heart in the battle with terra, shouldnt their be a heartless or a nobody also, even in aquas story in the final episode its shows terranort fighting aqua but momentarily he regain control and stabbed his heart once again as terranort, again is their a nobody or a heartless that formed, could the heartless be ansem the seeker of darkness and the nobody xemnas. also is vanitas vens nobody cause mx stabbed his heart to release his dark side?

@Rena also in the scenes of KH final mix 2, it shows a hooded figure in the room of sleep could the mysterious figure be eraquis cause he told aqua how to close the place thats why she is the only person to unlock the place, cause he said "long time my Friend".

7. Arch Mana Knight

The hooded figure you're talking about is Xemnas.

Also, I don't know if Xehanort could have created a Nobody when he released his heart to fuse with Terra. He couldn't have made a Heartless since there's nothing to make a Heartless with if the heart goes in another body. Also, when he stabbed his heart as Terranort, he didn't release his heart. If you read the reports when you beat the game it says that Master Xehanort did that to force Terra's body into the darkness which he hoped would crush Terra's resistance. That's all he did. I'm assuming he really wanted to get rid of Terra completely but that didn't work out. Also, Eraqus died...he didn't leave a Nobody or a Heartless. The best bet is that the Mysterious Figure is some kind of incarnation of Xehanort(young or Terranort).

8. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

Yea you are right. I just finished watching the vids in the theatre and it does show terra absorbing eraquis heart and terra asking mx why. As for the mysterious figure how can it be xemnas if terranort hasn't separated from his heart yet cause in the secret ending it show s terranort walking with braig down the hallway of the castle in radiant garden. So if it is, is he from the future, cause he doesn't appear through a dark portal he just materalizes from what it looks like a worm hole.cause he was wearing an organization suit and they weren't even formed yet until terranort betrays anselm the wise.
    But yea my other now like I stated in the last post and accordion to you that a heartless can't become one if it hours into another body, but since vens heart didn't when mx stabbed his heart, and released his darkness, its safe to assume vanitas is vens nobody.

Well anyways according to nomura in bbs final mix the new secret boss is eraquis lingering sentiment in armor form. Also the mysterious figure has more evidence that suggests it xemnas or terranort, because remember in kh 1 final mix, when xemnas appears the same way through some temporal flux or worm hole, just like the mysterious figure did, even though xemnas weapons are red but like the other post somebody else mentioned their weapons are similar to their somebodies. So therefore it terranort before he separated himself from his heart, and his similar to xemnas but are green. So its safe to assume terranort is testing their power just like xemnas did to sora, and he its in his first stages of creating the organization due to fact he is wearing the robe

So the mysterious figure can't be eraquis, because you can't have one or the other

Or it could be according to mx letter in the game it can almost be mx,eraquis and yen sid master.now that's a theory.

9. dirk123 Destiny Islands Resident

If you rewatch the first cutscene with MX and an unconcious Ventus on Destiny Island, you will see that Master Xehanort is wearing an Organization coat. So it existed before Terranort betrayed Ansem the Wise.

MX could have a (special) nobody. Seeing how his body dissapeared even though his heart went into Terra (Thus not creating a Heartless). I think Nomura himself said somewhere that he wasn't sure yet if MX has created a nobody.

I personally believe in 2 options:
    1. New foe for KH 3D or the new major bad after the Xehanort saga
    2. Complete Terranort who timetraveled to the past to test himself if he is in full control now (Terra or MX)

10. Llave Superless Moderator

That could very well be the case. I think time travel is definatly an option. But this is really messed up if its Terranort. Because the heart is released like 4 times. MX when he goes into terra, trying to get rid of terra in terranort, and when xemnas and ansem the heartless are formed. But why would he want to test himself? I mean, if it is Terranort, why would fighting terra, ven, or aqua prove anything? I believe whoever this is, he will play a big role in this Xehenort saga. Nomura never leaves loose ends. (Ex- the Coded game when jimminy wrote "thank Namine") But he some how is related to Xemnas. I have no doubt about that.

11. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

@dirk
    yep you are right I did rewatch everything on the opening scenes of vens story.so I can throw that one theory out the window now, that the organization wasn't created yet. but in the opening scene it showed a figured that said "this island is just to small". It kind a look like terranort or a young mx before he left destiny islands to seek other worlds and train under his master to become a keyblade wielder alongside eraquis and yen sid. So since mx fused his dark heart with terra that mx would somewhat resemble his younger self cause he is in a younger body now.

Also remember when mx released the darkside of vens heart in order to create the x blade cause he needed two hearts that were equal in power of light and darkness to succeed, and created vanitas, which in turn left ven unconscious. Because Vanistas took too much of vens heart.
    So what if the same is for mx, that he tried experimenting on himself before he met ven. that he released his own dark heart, which is the mx we know and the mysterious figure is his good heart cause and not too much was taken from each other to leave the other unconscious, also it says he uncovered a new type of keyblade the x blade before he met ven, therefore something must have gone wrong since he had to use ven to create it instead of his good and bad heart

12. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Now that you mention it, that is completely possible. The first piece of evidence i offer you is in the Final Mix Trailer. We see what seems to be Eraqus' Armour, sentiently attacking terra. This could be similar to how Terra fought with Master Xehanort, his thoughts captured in his armour and operating in their own, on the otherhand it could be what people could consider to be Master Eraqus' Heartless, ironic in how his armour said protect a person from the darkness. The next piece of evidence is something which is instilled from reading a Nomura Interview;

-- Was Master Xehanort the one who delivered the final blow to Master Eraqus?

Nomura: Because it was necessary to avoid showing such a cruel scene, it's difficult to tell from the presentation, but that's right. Terra saw this happen right in front of his eyes, so when he realised at the Keyblade Graveyard that Master Xehanort intends to harm Ventus and Aqua, this drives him to anger, saying, "Not only my father Eraqus..." As an aside, although he says "my father", and we see from Eraqus' words that he thinks of Terra like a son, Terra and Eraqus are not actually father and son. Also, in his final moments Eraqus falls towards Terra - an important meaning is hidden in this scene.

From this i thought...Haven't we seen this before?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foWjS78ewHQ

Eraqus falls, Terra tries to catch him but bursts into orbs of light.
    Sora Falls, Kairi tries to catch him but bursts into orbs of light.

There is merit to the theory, theres both evidance to dis-prove and to prove it. One thing i will say about it being Master Xehanorts heartless is that he removed it himself and placed it inside of terra with his own will and manefests himself in Terra's Darkness. In essence Master Xehanort can't have made a heartless because he has no fear of darkness, he has excepted darkness within himself and co-exists with it to the point that he is darkness itself. He couldn't have made a heartless because the darkness in within his heart already along with his soul and that darkness and his soul carried to Terra. Because of this A Nobody also couldn't exist because it needs a soul.

13. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

well I saw that video, question though, when sora released his heart. Seven hearts were released
    1.soras of course
    2.kairi
    3.belle
    4.ven too of course according to the secrete ending in birth by sleep
    So who's were other three?

Another point I wasn't to make is remember the scientist who cLoned riku in com, and also cloned roxas in 358 to create xion.it could be possible that he cloned xehanort and wad working for him just like braig was behind ansems back. There was scene in bbs that showed ven talking to that guy,i forgot who that scientist name was, but it could be possible he cloned mx as well, because he is trying to find ways to stay around longer then everybody else, so the mysterious figure could be mx clone, cause he had the same enhance as xemnas did kh final mix and same weapon but different color.

14. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

The seven hearts were the hearts of the princesses, the the orbs of light that faded into the ceiling above were what came from Sora. In relation to Even though, as far as we know he hadn't anything to do with Master Xehanort until after Xehanort became an apprentice. It is possible though.

15. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

so how is that possible that those hearts belong to the seven princesses, when we know two of those hearts are soras and kairi, another is ven when sora absorbed his and the end of bbs, so thats three down, as for belle how did he even get belles heart in the first place? so three of those hearts were not the princesses and seven were released from him, the math dosnt add up. one was belles and the other three who?

maybe during vens story he absorb someones heart and when sora absorb his then released it, so could the other three be from vens heart.

also im guessing the guy i couldnt remember is evan and his nobody is vexen correct? anyway the game dosnt show it that he is working fow mx behind xehanorts back like braig was doing, but their was a seen when talking with ven that he said something to himself like this boys heart is ure light and void off darkness or something like that. and had this chessey grin that was all evil like. so you know he was experimenting with hearts even after ansem said not too.

so like i said befor vexen or evan probally cloned him like he did to riku and roxas

16. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

sslv4goku, i think you need to read up a bit on Kingdom hearts. Belle's heart came from the keyblade of hearts, how and why would it be in Sora? On top of this Ven's heart was inside of Sora's meaning when we see Sora's we see Ven's also.
    As for your ven theory, Ven obsorbs no one except Vanitas who is already apart of him to make what you've said null and void.
    Your evidence in relation to Even counts for nothing, Even was a scientist and smiled at the prospect of new premises to explore. Thats probably what set him on the course of the science of the heart. A cheesy grin as evidence is like the simpsons T.V. Show "Hunch" who prosecutes people on random things i.e. the way they eat a sandwich.

17. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

I mentioned nothing about sora resembling roxas.what I did ask was the fact that those 7 hearts that were released by sora couldn't be the 7 princess of heart because only 7 were released and I'd all those were the princesses the you have to account for soras heartas well as vens cause he absorbed his at the end of bbs correctfor a total of nine heart s then which don't add up.

And for the whole vexen,evan thing it s just a theory.just like people were saying mx didn't kill eraquis because nomura left that out but in fact he did kill him. Therefore the whole evan part could of been left out for or imaginations to ponder about.

18. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I didn't mention anything about Sora resembling Roxas either. Sora didn't release 7 seven hearts from himself, the orbs of light were merely his being splitting into heartless and nobody. The hearts of the princesses were in the Keyblade of Hearts and were released from it once kairi's was passed into the keyblade of hearts.

19. sslv4goku Merlin's Housekeeper

You know what you are right they were released from the keyblade of hearts lol my bad I'm RETREATED forgot about that.

but hey you know how kairi s heart after being released went back into her body same thing with princesses cause that video you posted show belle getting hers back too, so could vens heart went back into his body too just like everyone else. Cause kairi heart went back into her heart and created a nobody in reasponce when it was released.it can be assumedI'm not saying its true just thinking outside the box, that ven awoke too but his nobody roxas was created in response to his heart being released also. So can he be awake in the chamber of awaking but can't get out cause only aqua knows its secrets

20. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

At that points, Nomura confirmed in an interview that Ventus' heart, or part of his and Sora's Heart took refuge in Roxas. It is excepted that Ven's heart still lies within Sora but according to KH Coded Sora is being sent to help Terra Aqua and Ven. At that point Ven will probably get his heart back. When Ven gets his heart back a fight will break out because Ven will mistake Sora for Vanitas.