The Upcoming Walt Disney AS Movies

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Firefly, Oct 26, 2008.

?

Which of these movies are you most looking forward to?

1. 2008 - Bolt

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. 2009 - The Princess and the Frog

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. 2010 - Rapunzel

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 2012 - King of the Elves

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

~There are currently four Walt Disney Animated Studios films upcoming!!~
    (My reference is Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_theatrical_animated_features)

-Spoilers-

Walt Disney Animated Studios canon:
    A.K.A Walt Disney Animated Classics. These are the animated movies that are or will be produced entirely by Walt Disney Animated Studios. There are more than 45 of these so far, including Bambi, The Lion King, Lilo & Stitch and Treasure Planet. These movies do not include The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, Disney-Pixar films, or DisneyToon Studios films.

All of these films, except for The Princess and the Frog, will be in 3D.

2008: Bolt
    Released November 21st, 2008.
    Bolt is a dog who portrays a canine superhero on a TV show. He believes he has actual superpowers, and that he must save his owner when he is seperated from the TV studios. He meets up with a female cat named Mittens and a hamster in an exercise ball named Rhino. Starring voices include John Travolta, Miley Cyrus and Malcolm McDowell.

(All following movies are released during December)

2009: The Princess and the Frog
    The film is based on the classic fairy tale The Frog Prince. Nineteen year old Princess Tiana (main character) is the first African American Disney Princess. It will be a fairy tale musical set in New Orleans during the 1920s Jazz Age. Starring voices include Anika Noni Rose, Oprah Winfrey and Keith David.

2010: Rapunzel
    The story is absed on the classic German fairy tale Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm. There has been a reworking of the storyline and the main characters.

2012: King of the Elves
    Based on Philip K. Dic-'s (k) 1953 short story fantasy King of the Elves. The film is about a band of elves living in the modern-day Mississippi Delta who name a local man their king after he saves them from an evil troll.

There are also four upcoming DisneyToon movies. The first is Tinkerbell, released on October 28th, 2008. The next three, released within the next few years, are sequels to this movie.

I'll update this info as more becomes clear.:D

2. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

BoltBoltBoltBoltBoltBoltBolt omfg. D:

I saw the preview and I was like, "...Puppy..." so that's probably the only Disney movie I'm looking forward to for a while. Everything else seems kinda...meh. Reused.

But Bolt is adorable. x3

3. Explode Who?!

I'm not too adament about the 3-D computer animation movies. I'm nore interested in the Alice in Wonderland live action remake. Tim Burton is directing it, who is the perfect choice XD

4. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree, I'm really looking forward to that, since Burton's directing it.

The fairy tale theme these Disney movies are about to reenter might turn some people away... Still, if the quality and original magic returns, then it'll be well worth it.

I think the choice for princess in The Princess and the Frog was a good one.

5. ~Namine_Hearts~ Gummi Ship Junkie

but miley cyrus is in it xP

6. Juicy Chaser

Rapunzel should be good. Old stories are always the best. I just hope they do it well.

7. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Oh ew, you're right...
    I'll just hope that she has as small a role as possible and that Bolt has the most screentime. :|

8. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

Bolt looks so cute. I might actually go see it. Even if it has Hannah Montana as a voice actor. *Brings along ear plugs for Hannah Montana parts*

9. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Bolt: Miley Cyrus plays Penny, a young girl.
    Penny's part in early part of movie (spoiler): Penny features in the TV show Bolt is in, as the dog's owner. She features in the start of the movie, in part of the TV show, and then just before Bolt is lost. Bolt believes he has to save her once he's lost, so she'll probably be in scenes throughout. And the end. Ugh.

Chloe Moretz will voice a younger Penny. I don't know this character's part in the movie.

Rapunzel: Some good news - Glen Keane is the executive producer. He's already proved a positive team member, and I can see him helping this movie become a success. He was involved with charater animation for The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan and other animated films.
    I'm impressed with the style of animation being used for Rapunzel, from the images I have seen so far. There's a concept picture of Rapunzel and more related info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapunzel_(film)

The Princess and the Frog: There was some controversy in The Princess and the Frog. Princess Tiana's name was originally announced as "Maddy". This was considered a stereotypically lower-class "black name", according to Wikipedia.
    The character was also a chambermaid, an occupation that didnt quiet suit a Disney Princess. This has been changed, and Tiana will now be a more traditional Disney fairy tale heroine.

10. Destined Working for WDW

I'm not looking forward to any of these movies. I'm more interested in Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 that they've got in the pipe. You might want to do a bit more research in this area. You also might want to mention the re-release of Toy Story in 3D.

11. Explode Who?!

Yeah, Toy Story 3 should be interesting, they've waited such a long time for it, though. I hope they get the same voices, otherwise it's automatically bad DX

12. Destined Working for WDW

13. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

King of the Elves sounds the most interesting to me.

14. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

That and the Princess & the Frog.

15. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks, I updated the Pixar films Cars 2 and Toy Story 3, and added info about the upcoming releases of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3-D.

While these threads remain active, I'll make an effort to keep their info up-to-date. :D

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I'm not so much excited to see 'em but i like it how Disney are makin' more animated films again.

17. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Bolt sounds exciting, esp since the talents of Miley Cyrus, John Travolta, and other such names will be in there. I just know I'm going to get pelted for saying Cyrus has talent, but it's ze truth, I stick by that.

Anyway, I voted for Princess and the Frog myself. It's got a really good cast, and it's a familiar fairy-tale, given a face-lift. Did anyone also notice this will be Disney's first African-American Princess? I'm not supporting Obama or nothing, but at least something proactive is happening with current times. May I also note this will be Disney's first 2D-animation since "Home on the Range." They swore they'd never do another 2D in the near-future, so thank God they're back. Alan Menken, and other familiar names to Disney die-hard fans will be returning for the behind-the-scenes work on this movie.

Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 sound interesting. Jim Varney and Paul Newman.....what are they going to do about them though? (Newman was the voice of Doc, and like Shades said, the late Jim Varney was the voice of Slinky. Varney died in 2000 of Lung Cancer, Newman...pretty much self-explanatory at this point in time.)

I've also heard of a few other Pixar Movies coming out. "Newt", and something about a Bear and a bow, or something?

18. Destined Working for WDW

I remember hearing about a bear and a bow, but the only other movie that i forgot to add that has been confirmed by Pixar is UP coming out in 2009. Sounds like a CGI spin on Around the World in 80 days to me.

I can't believe I forgot to note Paul Newman's death. Rumor has it that Cars 2 is taking place at a world rally over in europe, so it might be easy to omit Doc from the story.

19. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, and chances are Newman did some voice work for Doc, this way there's some solice for the story. Who knows. They can't just keep Doc out of the story completely, but it's likely he'll only be mentioned int the intro. But can you imagine what would happen, God forbid, if Larry the Cable guy wasn't as healthy as he is now? He lost alot of weight, and who knows what might have happened to him by now if he didn't.

I tell ya, it takes BALLS to do what he did. That was five BOWLING BALLS off his gut.

20. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I might go see Bolt, that actually looks cute, but I'm definitely a bit more excited about the Princess and the Frog because it will be hand-drawn as opposed to CGI, and I miss the cartoony style Disney used to have.

Toy Story in 3-D will be a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.