Tina S (Guitarist)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Laplace, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Sorry if you don't allow solo/cover guitarists in this section, feel free to move to the spamzone if I've made a mistake.

I don’t know about all of you but seeing these renewed my faith in humanity.

Yeah short topic, but this a sight you have to see yourself to believe.

2. Arch Mana Knight

All she's really doing is shredding. It's fast and clean...but not musically impressive. Sure, I wish I could play like that but it's not very interesting. When I started to learn how to play guitar I was so easily wooed by all these shredders until I realized how much better a guitarist sounds when they think...well, musically rather than trying to show off technical ability.

3. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Hmm, true points, if you mean a display of musical composition skills rather than technical abilities then sure, it is usually more interesting to watch, but I feel it depends on your tastes.

And I feel you, I want to try to learn playing Guitar and I'm awed by the concept of shredding, but I know it's not something that fits me for me to play, yet I enjoy listening to it, I know I have a messy head lol. Like the fact I enjoy listening to Metal yet I know it isn't a genre it fits me to sing (To give another example).

Anyhow, I'm just happy somebody of this generation is willing to do Metal covers.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I agree to an extent. I really like this cover of hers (I am probably being stupidly biased as I love Dream Theater)

Perhaps just being able to "play" these songs is enough for most people who watch/like these covers as they couldn't play stuff like this even if they wanted to. Most people hate practicing, which is how stuff like this happens.

There are a butt ton of good metal covers on YouTube

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

But technical prowess is just as important in making great music as a keen mind or good ears. Speaking as someone who has the head for most things, but not the will to practice them over and over, it is a feat in itself and imo deserves praise and admiration. It's simple, but that doesn't mean it's easy. You have to be the type of person who can push through many, many screw-ups, and keep at it day after day even when you don't seem to see progress. Her work looks beautiful on Youtube, but I'm sure she spent countless hours trying to get those clean takes, or at least working up the skill to do so.