TAotM Voting Traditional art of the Month #1- Freestyle

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 1
    [voting thread; votes due February 27th, 2012]
    FREESTYLE

This is the first so to kickstart this new competition any piece of artwork is welcome! This must be something drawn from scratch by yourself even if it was drawn digiatally or by hand.

Happy drawing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

What?
    [​IMG]

Weeaboo
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Cat <3 Sora
    [​IMG]

Excasr
    [​IMG]

Gold
    [​IMG]

Atiragrame3
    [​IMG]

Cryses
    [​IMG]

Zϵlda
    [​IMG]

Jiku Neon
    [​IMG]

Marushi
    [​IMG]

Dinny Grayson
    [​IMG]

Crypt
    [​IMG]

Stoop Kid
    [​IMG]

*Moonlight*
    [​IMG]

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh dear, my awful little thing has been blown out of the water by everyone's lovely art.

Jiku~Not only is this a gif, which means more drawing than usual, but it's incredibly well done.
    Gold~Gotta love all those FF characters in one drawing, and they're all well done and colored. <3
    Weeaboo~The detail on each one is insane, and they're all colored. Though I'm not into Homestuck, I can appreciate it.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Alright, a lovely selection of pieces, you all did simply marvelous!

What?: The colors you used in this piece are very pleasing, fun to look at. I love the rugged look, it gives a time-tainted feel to the artwork. You have a very distinct style, something that makes your piece one of the best.

Dinny Grayson: The composition of this piece is really intriguing. the colors and the detail on the female are really great! My favorite part of this piece are the cards that are flying everywhere.

Jiku Neon: A very simple GIF animation, yet it is very cute. I like how the lines aren't perfect, and they move a bit. It's hard to do that whilst not making the piece distracting, so kudos there. Deal with it.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

What? - Well done and the coloring is nice. It also helps that I understand what's going on in this.

Gold - I can't stop laughing! You also drew them very nicely, compared to how they're supposed to look, they look identical.

Zelda - A stylized skull is pretty awesome in my book. I can't really explain, but it's beautiful.

5. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Oh God, all of them are wonderful. You all did a great work.~

First Gold's
    I really liked your draw Llave, the face of the characters fits very well themselves. And the cloths, the characters, they are well designed.

Second: What?'s
    It is very creative. When I first looked at it, I could start to make a story about it within my mind, and this is a great effect it has on people. It is like "Here we are. Just you and me", the waited moment to fight.

Third: Marushi's
    So beautiful. It's a beautiful landscape, when I saw it, it transmitted to me a peaceful feeling. And the colors made me feel more relaxed. It made me want to keep looking at it more and more.

Okay, those are my opinions. All of the drawing are great, though!​

6. Yozora Archer

1st - Marushi
    I think I might know what some of you are thinking, but I really like this picture. It's so simple, yet pretty, you know? I just love how the colors are used, and its got some impressionist in there in my opinion, and Im a sucker for impressionism.

Marushi, Im not sure if this is your style of painting/colouring/w/e, but you should work to improve the way you use colours like this. I don't care if you're not into art, just do it you idiot. DO IT. I really think it's neat. SO MUCH LOVE DUDE UGGGHHHH.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd - Zelda
    Is this supposed to be off of something, or did you pull this out of your head? Haha

Anyway, this skull is pretty neat, what with everything that's going on. You know, some lines here and there, some black, etc. (lol) I know there's a word for all the shapes, but I forgot.

Post the finished version already will ya.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd - Stoop Kid (I forgot you're Reptie)

I know it's not finished, but I think it's cool the way it is. It's supposed to be Aqua, right?

Anyway, I thought this sketched version was interesting, what with those outlines of heads and such. Reminds me of how I draw, and I think she looks pwetty. Are you going to finish it?

Send me a nude version if you're kind enough to.

Edit - Gold/Llave(?), are those supposed to be Bleach characters?

7. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Stoop Kid - I'm just in love with this. I love it so much, it looks incredible. I love the angle and gosh dang, you just drew her so beautifully. I'm just captivated really, and I love how it's sketchy/ a sketch.

Zelda - I'm such a sucker for skulls and solids and this is just amazing. I love looking at it for a long time and just studying it. I'm lame so I'm just imagining this as an amazing jungle-gym and I swear, it would be the most fun. I'd buy this if it were on a shirt. Amazing.

What? - The colours are stunning. I'm really caught by the volcano's flame-thing around it. I find that so beautiful, I love how you used the lines there. Overall, this is just so pleasant to look at c:

8. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wolfie - I love the perspective on this, very nice. I love it
    Weeaboo- I love how each one has so much character!
    Dinny Grayson - The coloring is what got me, it is very good! But there are distracting things, like Harley's(?) hips and waist seem small compared to her torso, and not to mention her spine must be under some stress- seeing as her chest is going one way and the lower half of her body seems to going another direction. But again, I would LOVE to know your technique!

9. *Moonlight* Merlin's Housekeeper

First Marushi.
    Good use of the colors, something that in a million of years I could ever possibly do.

Second Maggy.
    Although it took me sometime to understand it, but it seems like it's a hard job and the result is wonderful.

Thrid Llave.
    I just recognized one or two FF character, the draw is cool (especially the two character in the background).

All of those draws are good.
    Translated by Excasr...LOL~​

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Dinny Grayson: I feel like this has the greatest technical merits of anything here, the only thing that I can see is that the body isn't the naturalistic ideal and the card in the background screws with the way perspective appears a bit. Still the most technical and nicest looking.
    Gold: A little stiff and flat on some of the characters but damn you've got all of them and there's a certain amount of personality to the whole thing. Coloring was done nicely, too.
    Stoop Kid: Charming sketch. Good fundamentals. It could do with some more finishing or a cleaner scan, but then again the scratchy quality and darkened tone isn't exactly a bad thing. I think more emotive or something is the advice I'd give.

Thought I had a chance, then everyone posted. Next time. Next time.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Atiragrame3~ I love shoes, first of all, so that scored major points. Also, I liked the way it was drawn, it was very realistic, I felt like I was actually looking at a bunch of shoes. Nice job.

Stoop Kid~ I really liked the look of this one, it was a nice drawing. I don't have any idea who the girl is, but she's very cute and I like her face. You did a good job all around.

Dinny Grayson~ First off, who doesn't love Harley Quinn? :D Second, I thought this was drawn very well, the style was very cool and I love how you put your own spin on things. Great job.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well done everyone! It was incredibly close this round but the winner is:

Llave de Espada!

So congratulations, you get a lovely pin and first on our wall of fame. Thank you for all taking part!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.