TAotM Voting Traditional art of the Month #10- Draw yourself as a videogame character

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 10
    [voting thread; votes due August 17th, 2013]
    Draw yourself as a Videogame character
    The lovely Cherry Berry came up with this idea and I liked the concept and would love to see what people come up with! So basically, draw yourself as a videogame character (clue's in the title! xD), if it's based solely off a game then please specify which game you chose!
    ~Animations are allowed
    Happy drawing!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​

jojoj13
    [​IMG]
    Character Ref: Solid Snake in MGSV (
    ), me?
    phoenixkh93
    [​IMG]
    It is Tomb raider but with a keyblade because Kingdom Hearts is the one. Evidently :p So she looks pretty much nothing like me because I wanted her to look like the typical action hero female which I look nothing like by any stretch of the imagination haha. But like, she has my hair so...There's that. Enough ramblings, here's the picture.
    hoodrat daddy
    [​IMG]
    DISGAEA /[​IMG]

2. Yozora Archer

1. phoenixkh93 - Although the anatomy may not be perfect, I found the style attractive. It reminds me of those vintage-like drawings people make, and the long arms/legs reminded me of an animated Japanese movie I saw. It's just one of those things that I like in paintings, simple yet beautiful/nice/****yeahimpressionism. The Keyblade add-on is a bit of a turn off for me tho. Maybe if you would've just added some guns for her hands to hold since it's more towards the Tomb Raider thing.

2. Jojo - It's pretty kickass to see people doing digital painting stuff like this and it always amazes me. I like the time you spent on it, but there are a few things that bother me about it. These include the overall feel of the picture. The yellow-brown background and the red feel on your self-Big Boss doesn't blend well for me imo. I guess you had your reasons for making it like that such as to make it fit with the feel of the video, but it doesn't really do well for me.
    Who cares what people ****ing think though, everyone has their opinion.

3. Sexy Rat - It took a lot for me to decide how to draw me and still look like I'd be part of the Disgaea franchise. Since I have curly hair, I added curly ends to some of the hair strands. Although I feel fine with its outcome, Im not quite pleased for I think I could have done better. (i take drawing seriously holy **** it takes a lot for me to decide on what type of clothes/hair/eyes/**** my game self would have damn shitt)

3. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Before I vote I'd just like to say I thought all the entries were fantastic :D

1)Jojo. I really love the painting style you used, especially in respect to the shading and brush strokes, as well as a kinda difficult face angle/perspective being pulled off really well. I admire that it seems like you put a good deal of time and effort into this. Also this is kinda random but I always find it difficult to draw teeth in detail like on portraits so I'm a little jealous of how well you did that haha :)

2) Hoodrat daddy. I just love the expression on this drawing, and the pose and body language suit it perfectly. I also like how even though it's a little sketchy it's precise. And wow the clothes, and especially the hairstyle, I think are just fantastic, you can really see you put a lot of attention to detail in there.

Also hoodrat daddy the rules kinda say you aren't allowed to vote for yourself so I don't think your vote #3 will be counted but hey, nice try ; P

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

So sorry for the delay on this! Things have been messy and I got distracted. I will try harder in the future to remain on deadlines (I am setting reminders on my phone xD)

I have PM'd jojoj to give her a chance to vote otherwise her piece will be disqualified as all entrants must vote.I have extended this until the 10th September.

If anyone is interested and wants to tell us your thoughts on these competitions that we run or just the graphic art section as a whole then please consult this thread and take the survey! It shouldn't take too long: http://kh-vids.net/threads/graphic-art-survey.141247/

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Alright, I am sad to say that jojoj13 never replied so the winner is phoenixkh93! Congratulations, you win a pin and a place on our wall of fame : D

Thank you for participating and voting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.