TAotM Entry Traditional art of the Month #12- Freestyle

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 12
    [entry thread; entries due November 21st, 2013]
    Freestyle!
    That's right! Anything goes this month so get creative. You can post any artwork that you have created in the last 5 months or enter something new!
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask the beautiful and sexy Llave, or myself.
    Optional: Write a few sentences with your entry to give some insight into your thinking behind your piece or just to explain it a bit!
    ~Animations are allowed
    Happy drawing!

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

I use this as one of the bookends for my livestreams. The character is that little self avatar I use all the time on here. I recolored it a little for Halloween.

3. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Inspired by the book 'Never let me go' :)

[​IMG]

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Thank you both for entering! You are both winners due to less than 3 entries being posted but I shall give you both some critique anyway because I am so kind like that xD So in no particular order:

Jiku Neon:

I do love your distinct style, it makes it very familiar which is always nice. You once told me my artwork had no style and it made me see how important it is in artwork (so I am currently trying to find my style), anyway, the colours are bold and satisfying (and great for halloween! : D), you have anatomy spot on and lovely use of textures. Also, combined with the text it gives it a sort of story which is intriguing. I haven't got many criticisms to say about it but if I was to be perdantic then I would prefer a more interesting background, the random, faint brown lines around the skirt feel a bit random but apart from that it's a very nice piece.

phoenixkh93:

I have never read 'Never let me go' so I am can't comment on the references but I do love this drawing. The colours are so satisfying and the shading is subtle yet effective. Her face in very well drawn, anatomically correct even if her lips feel like they are a bit too low down her face. The eyes are beautiful though! So well done on that and the smooth shading of her skin successfully gives the texture of the skin. All I can say is keep practicing, very nice work! : D

Please be patient while we sort some things out before posting the next theme! :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.