Help Trouble pasting content into posts

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Boy Wonder, May 22, 2015.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I noticed this a while back when trying to post a youtube url, but figured it was an issue with youtube considering the other Help thread I saw on the matter. However, I just tried copying from a Conversation and posting it somewhere else and it happened. What's happening is that my computer acknowledges that something got pasted (I see the cursor disappear as if it was moved), but nothing shows up. I'll preview the thread/post and the preview is blank, but runs the length of what the post would have been.
    If I go paste and then press delete, the content appears as if there was a single, but extremely large space before it. I can't even scroll down when I know the rest of the content is there because it appears when I press delete.

EDIT: It doesn't happen consistently. I opened a Create New Thread page in a new window and tried, and it content pasted.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Can you post a more clear list of reproduction steps? I'll see if I can replicate the problem. :)

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The couple of times this has happened to me I fixed it by closing the browser and opening it back up. Would be nice to know why this happens though.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Is this happening exclusively on KHV?

Also if you could let me know what browser you're using that will help with troubleshooting. I'm also inclined to ask whether this happens with just the rich text editor or both it and the plain -- if you have some time to test it out, try toggling between the two (it's the little wrench icon) and pasting stuff in.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

For me when it happens I can still paste in other tabs okay, and I haven't seen it happen elsewhere.

I use Chrome and the basic editor but I'll be happy to try it out when I next see it (though it is pretty rare)

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Like Mixt said, it only happens on KHV from what I've seen, but I don't really paste anywhere else on my browser.
    That said, I use Project Palemoon as my browser, which is Firefox based.
    I haven't had the issue recently, hence why I haven't responded, but I think I figured it out. I think it has to do with me forgetting to keep myself logged in. So I'll open a Post Reply and forget about it for a while (The specific issue I addressed in the OP is that I found a video I wanted to share, but then got distracted by other videos for a bit before I finally went back and pasted it) so KHV logs me out in the background and that messes with the Copy/Paste?

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Do you check the "remember me" box when logging in? If you do, it shouldn't be doing that.

8. Misty gimme kiss

This would make sense; the editor autosaves drafts, so any content you've left in the editor would be saved. When you've been logged out, the drafts might be causing an issue. The simple fix would be to just tick remember me next time you log in, but when I'm not on my phone i'll do some testing and see if it is possibly a bug (or just an unavoidable issue).