Support Solved Trying to figure out a pain in the butt

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Iskandar, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So right now I'm trying to figure out how to get 2 mics from seperate Headsets, both Logitechs that plug in with USB cables, to play at the same time in Elgato Game Capture. I tried to use VAC, though only the free trial, but that didn't work, and I've google this for the past 2 hours or more. Do i have to buy a Y cable of some kind, or is there some other way to do this? Elgato only lets one mic record, and I was hoping I could get VAC to work, but unfortunately that was a bust. And I'm asking this, because I asked a friend if he might want to do a little commentary with me on my Let's Play this Saturday, but I can't figure out how to get both of the headsets to work at the same time. So would something like this work, or is that just something to increase the amount of USB ports, like I'm using with this?

@Misty, you've had an Elgato longer then me, so you'd probably be the closest to having an answer, but I've checked the support forums and haven't been able to find anything.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Neither thing you linked will work for audio devices, just getting that out right off the bat. The hardware solution would be a USB mixer, but those cost a pretty penny.

Virtual Audio Cable is what I use, but it can be confusing to setup, especially if you're going into it blind. It took me a while to figure out the proper configuration at any rate. I don't know what kind of limitations the trial version has but it's not too hard to get the full version if you know where to look. ;) I mean, piracy is bad, don't do it.

You'll need two instances of the audio repeater (MME) open. Make sure you right-click and run as administrator -- multiple instances never open for me unless I do this.

In the first, send your microphone's input to line 1. In the second, send your friend's microphone input to line 1 as well. Then just set your recording program (Elgato software) to capture off of line 1. Pretty sure that would do the trick. I can put together a video tutorial if you want, I use VAC a lot.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, so I can do VAC, just not with the trial version. The problem I was having with that trial version was that the Wave In was getting my headsets, but the Wave Out gave absolutely no new things, just the headsets and Windows Memory Map, which didn't come up on Elgato. But if it does work with the full version....I'll figure it out;)

4. Misty gimme kiss

You might have to set up the Control Panel with VAC (hit the Set button under Driver Parameters) to get the actual virtual audio cables to be recognized. I don't remember how it comes when you first install it.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, I managed to figure out how to get it to go. I actually did have to Run it under Administrator, for some reason I don't know, computers are weird, since I am the administrator (though I guess it's talking about program-wise), and now I have that Line 1 showing up. Thanks for proving me wrong, because that was going to end badly for me if I didn't ask. Maybe I shouldn't trust the google searches so much anymore. This can be locked now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.