Uni

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Sullen Dystopia, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Sullen Dystopia Merlin's Housekeeper

By the way I'm not going to uni, its just that i kind of feel that im doin nothing with my life and all my friends are off to uni.

I might be a little bit stupid for saying this but i feel kind of down lately because of this. I just felt that i wasnt ready.
    the only thing that im doin is lookin for work.

i dont really need help, but i would like to hear if there is anyone else who feels slightly the same way.

2. krayzie Ruthless Villain

um whats uni?

3. Sullen Dystopia Merlin's Housekeeper

sorry

its university, im from the UK and we just say uni instead of university

4. krayzie Ruthless Villain

oh thanks for clarifying that
    actually i wouldnt look foward to it either
    its really hard and you really have to struggle to pass

5. Repliku Chaser

University isn't that hard. You can pick what you want to focus on more and do classes you can enjoy. Some people do need a year away to gather up their minds and get in the right perspective but don't let uni scare you off because it can be somewhat demanding. Take it as a challenge instead and while you have time off, think of what you want to major in as an occupation. Finding a job can also help gear you to uni life as you learn more responsibility and you have to keep a schedule but it doesn't take so much brainpower to learn a job.

I've actually liked doing uni life more than I ever did High School (in the U.S.) as the subjects can be difficult at times but they are in areas I want to learn so at least I can keep focused more. Don't feel bad that you aren't ready yet as that can come to change. It seems to me like you are just burnt out from school but also note your friends have moved on to continue yet more schooling. As said, sometimes a break is good, but don't take too long and think about what you do want to do for a career. Look into things and explore as you find a job and work that at a casual pace so that perhaps next year you can enroll and you don't stress out too much.

I wish you the best and hope things come together for you. Do you have any ideas now on what you might want to do? Talking to a university counselor/aid may also assist you.

6. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

College is tough, but it also has such liberation for you. You can choose which classes you want to take depending on what you're studying. You can shape your schedule to your needs. Like Repliku said, finding a job will actually HELP with college because you learn to manage your time and money better. I work full-time in a semi-management position and it's stressful, so I'd suggest a part-time job to get some spending money. But definitely go. It'll help you out in the future, trust me.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

All my friends at my old High School went to University except two (which are both best friends of mine), and at my even older High School, only one of my close friends went to University. Everyone else is going to tech college like I am.

So I can't say I feel the same, although I wish I would have been more ready to go to a University. It's a lot nicer there and dorm's are really nice there as well.

8. Sullen Dystopia Merlin's Housekeeper

I dont really have big ideas, but i would prob like to go back to tech college and do a course in Games Development.
    I think i picked the wrong course the first time round.
    Thanks for the advice