Support Solved Unplugging Modem and Router

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Would it be considered generally a good idea to start leaving our modem and router unplugged during the night?

Occasionally, whether in the morning or after the computer's been on for a while on said day, I'll get spotty / laggy Internet, and if I do an extreme hard reset and leave both the modem and router unplugged for about 30 minutes (though 10 minutes would probably be fine), the issue disappears until the next time.

Thanks in advance.

2. Misty gimme kiss

No. It also doesn't make a difference how long you leave them unplugged. You do sometimes have to unplug them (in which case you need to turn off your computer, unplug the router, and unplug the modem, then turn the modem back on, turn the router back on, and then turn your computer back on, waiting about 30 seconds between each step), but if you're doing this every night then you should probably consider replacing them.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I did forget to mention that I don't do this every night, I was just asking if it were a good idea.

Just every now and then, though, thankfully, not too often, I have to perform a hard reset because, as I said, the Internet is laggy. For example, it was taking about 15-20 seconds to load stuff earlier, especially on KH-V. After leaving the modem and router off for 40~ minutes, everything was all good.

Thanks for the response! :)

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

To be honest, if you need to unplug your modem and router because keeping it plugged in makes you laggy, you should probably invest into some better hardware/internet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.