Birth by Sleep Ven's keyblade breaks!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Has anyone else notice that during the fight in the keyblade graveyard when master xeahanort freezes ven and drops him off the cliff his keyblade snaps!! I thought that keybldes couldn't be broken.... Thoughts

2. StardustXtreme Chaser

All weapons have a breaking point eventually, besides Ventus was frozen so the ice breaking is very fragile but as long the said person has a heart, he could easily resummon it back to it's normal state as it represents teh resolve and determination of the wielder's heart.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Broke in the KH2 secret ending but not in the actual game. So it got scrapped and isn't cannon. Still, it does show that Nomura is toying with the idea that keyblades can break.

4. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yes. Like the others said, Keyblades maybe could break but it can be "restored". I don't get surprise to something froozen breaks, but a Keyblade? I don't think this could be forever, "as long the said person has a heart" (Protecter212, in the the first post).
    -If you haven't played KHre: Coded yet, don't hit the spoiler button.-
    Sora's Keyblade is broken by maleficent and he can't summon it back. But, in Hollow Bastion, his heart -that is connected with everybody else's heart, make the Keyblade be back. Take that like something relative with your question.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well there actually lies an interesting point. There was a freak-out involving Maleficent breaking the keyblade and it was explained that it was because that key was a fake. Getting it back later was actually getting a new key, which was some intentional clashing of theory vs incidence by Nomura, but we need not get into that. The point is that Coded makes pretty direct claims that a keyblade shouldn't be able to break.

I wonder if that was Nomura toying with Ven as we know him only having half a heart, and therefor not having a true keyblade until obtaining the Kyeblade (which ironically didn't get completely forged and then broke as well). It is like When Riku called Xion's keyblade a scam. Strength of heart is a requirement, so those without a full heart would by definition have a harder time with a keyblade.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, I think you could probably think of it as Zanpakutos in Bleach. They kinda have the same concept. I mean, if a zanpakuto gets broken, it will reform, since it is connect with the soul of the user. In a sense, it is the same with the keyblade. Pretty much anything can be broken once frozen, since ice is really fragile, but if your heart is strong enough, it should just come back normal. Think of it like using a browser. If you're having trouble with one browser, you close it, and bring up a new one, and it's good as new. (until it messes up as well, but that's beside the point). Not the best analogy, but it's what I've got

7. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I like the Bleach link to that... Thought if Ven's keyblade breaking was removed does that then mean that keyblades could be indestructible? Since no "real" keyblade has even been shown damaged in any way?