Violent mood swings.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Mvalentine, May 20, 2010.

1. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

I'm 15...please god tell me these are normal and they'll just go away...honestly the other night i was lughing at something i was talking to m,y friends(on msn)...i was happy...i then burst out crying to the point i couldnt breath and was on the floor...then i catch my breath and am angry i punch everything in sight...then i cry again...then im just wondering why the hell i did all that...so is it normal to have such violent mood swings? if not does anyone know how to make them stop? Or even offer suggestions on what could cause them...I got nothing myself and I dont want anyone getting hurt or worried about someone like me on a god damned mood swing

2. Sakura Angel Traverse Town Homebody

Well if its REAL viloent then thats not good ._. I use to have times like that. Its mostly cause of stress or depression. Is anything going on thats causing you alot of stress?

3. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

most people i know got around it...and i hope you dont either cat its not fun...im sure youll be fine your a good person

And yes sakrua angel...there is a HELL of a lot causing stress to me right now

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Thanks. There IS a lot of stuff in my life that could cause me a lot of stress but I'm not even near that point yet so I guess i'm just gonna have to enjoy the fact that it isn't around yet.

5. Sakura Angel Traverse Town Homebody

Then that is why. You need to talk it out with somone if not you will get worse. You also might want to go to a doctor they might give you a tharapist. PLease look into it I dont know you but I dont want you getting worse. If you need somone to talk to talk to your family. Im here aswell if you need to talk to me :)

6. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Go see a doctor. You might laugh at me for this, but I was the exact way ever since I was in high school. One moment I'm fine, the next I'm crying, later I'm screaming at someone for no reason. What ended up fixing it, oddly enough, was birth control. I got placed on it while I was in college, and I'm not regretting it. Turned out I had PMDD, and those symptoms always showed up a week before I started.

Not saying this is your case, but it probably couldn't hurt to see if that was it. Your mood swings could be a result of hormones just before your..err...monthly gift, if you will.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

That'll probably be my cause for mood swings but Mvalentine is a guy so... yeah.

8. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

thanks man...awkward situation for me since...well i havent told anyone i know in person because i physically cannot force myself to say anything that might make people worry about me and im really shy aswell even to my own family...let alone doctors
    ...Son of a b!tch i thought everyhone knew im a guy now...guess i was wrong anyway im pretty sure this isnt the case...but honestly ive been under this muc stress before...its been worse and ive never ended up like this...my friends just tell me either i have something really upsetting im not telling them about...or im going crazy...i dont think its either

9. ^_^zexion's real wife^_^ Traverse Town Homebody

you should try and take a break and calm down go for a walk maybe it will calm you down man..

10. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I don't think going for a walk will cure this. Hopefully it's just a phase that doesn't last too long, I know about a year ago I was experiencing this but in a lesser degree, it only lasted a few months. I was kinda scared because I thought I was bipolar, like my mom, but thankfully I wasn't. :x

It might be possible that these are early signs of being bipolar however. Hopefully it's not and it'll just pass, but I'm sure if you talk to someone about it they can see if you are or not. There's medication that you can take that works surprisingly well, so all is not lost if you are.

Best of luck, it's more likely just a phase.

11. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Shoot. Sorry man...I actually never look at people's profile pages as much as I used to, and half the time those don't say a person's gender...forgive me. :( -feels like a grade F jerkface now-

Let me think...what you usually do to unwind after a stressful day? Try listening to music or maybe getting some exercise like a jog. That usually helps my brother when he gets stressed out because of schoolwork. He also plays his guitar or drums, but I don't know if that is an option for you. Something about beating the hell out of those skins helps him chill sometimes.

12. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

it's ok you just need to control them by doing the things that put you in a bad mood and relax when you can..it's part of growing up....believe me it's a stage that everyone goes through

13. Styx That's me inside your head.

Mood swings or not, we can't have you going around insulting people over nothing. Next time you will receive a warning. I'm just glad Nashida is being a good sport about it.

Anyway, I think it depends on your personality. Calm and collected people might never have them but they aren't uncommon in passionate, emotional teenagers. This may be temporary and they may go away if you're patient or they may not; it's actually difficult to tell at this point. A doctor is indeed more suited for this.
    For now try to keep them under control to the best of your abilities, or at least when you feel like they might interfere with your social life. Remember that even if they are normal or common, that that's no reason for them to run wild and free when you can try to combat them.

14. Sakura Angel Traverse Town Homebody

Well I know how tht is being shy around a doctor who needs them to know>.> but really.. YOu really should go get it checked out and get some help, And just cause you've under worse stress doesnt mean that this still cant happen. If your life is hard and you've been going through alot your whole life it will catch up with you. As I said befor talk to someone. Pick ONE person you know out of your whole life it could be someone you trust at school or somone you trust on the net. Just find the person you trust most and who are willing to listen and tell them. I know it sounds real dumb but it does help! I had to learn that the hard way. ALot of people do lol but you dont have to now go talk to somone ^^

15. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

Ah apologies to nashida i didnt mean it as an insult i swear down here 'son of a b!tch' is an expression of surprise a sort of way to say 'oh my god i cant beleive it' and to whoever mentioned bipolar (im at my dads with no internet but my phone) what exactly is bipolar? Also ive talked to most everyone i trust..best piece of advice 'calm down' its not working at all D: and as much as im told to relax...honestly everything i love the slightest thing to go wrong sets me off in a complete stress i just cannot control it...im willing to bet my lack of sleep the last few days has made it worse

16. The Twin My, what a strange duet

No problem hon. Done the same thing here once or twice myself.

Now I can definitely answer the bipolar question, because I was once tested for that before they discovered the PMDD (which we now know is not an option for you). This is all courtesy of this page http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/default.htm

Bipolar disorder is characterized by mood swings, much like the ones you mentioned in your first post. There are actually several types of bipolar disorder; yours sounds like what's called bipolar depression. basically what is happening to you is your brain isn't keeping serotonin -the chemical that your brain creates to "feel good"-balanced. Too much and your mood swings one way; excitable, maybe quick to anger, edgy. Not enough and you just feel miserable.

I still say see a doctor -even though what I said above is exactly what they will say, maybe a little more detailed. Mostly because I pulled my info from WebMD (not a real doctor, though my mom the RN had some help with it too), but also because they will be able to help you decide on some type of treatment, especially if you say this is beginning to get a little out of control or you feel you might not be able to control it. Typically the doc will put you on a med like Zoloft and suggest counseling to help talk out about your feeling and how to help you keep those outbursts under control some. I was actually placed on Xanax at first, told to pop it when I felt an outburst coming on and it actually put me to sleep. Glad I never drove then.

Another option, as silly as it sounds, is maybe your testosterone levels are off the charts. Mom the RN thinks because you're a guy and because of your age, those moods swings are results of high levels of testosterone and no real way to blow off that steam. My brother (now 17) seconds this idea (because he's actually still kind of going through it himself, and they think he has ADHD).

Alright, that's enough, before this turns into a Repliku length post. XD

17. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

testosterone...so if that was the case...there would be no way to make this stop? either way your being extremey helpfull i cannot thank you enough. also i forgot to mention...i've been randomly and uncontrollably crying for no reason for almost a year...i didn't think itd be a roblem until it starte getting worse (this is my first posts description)

18. The Twin My, what a strange duet

To be honest, I'm not sure how testosterone levels could be lowered. I'm sure there's some type of treatment for it, but don't quote me on that. Perhaps being somewhat more active might help you if that's really the case, just some way to help burn off those levels.

Since you keep mentioning the random and uncontrollable crying, I'm going to lean heavily on my theory of bipolar depression. I don't think testosterone would make you cry randomly (it might, though), and that seems to be the central idea here.

Have you mentioned any of this to your parents/guardians, to see if they can help you get the help you need? I still think you should see a doctor and see what they say about your symptoms, but maybe someone at home can help you at the same time.

19. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Are you bipolar? I have a friend at school who's bipolar and she had random mood swings like that during class sometimes. It would be normal if that's the case or something is bothering you. If there's anyone you're comfortable talking to, talk to them and maybe they can help you find somewhere to go for porfessional help. Hope everything works out.

20. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

Well this is our second wave of exams (I beleive there are 3 in total) the first wave I breezed through completely confident and I was completely confident until last monday...And righ now I can't do any sports since I'm recovering from glandular fever.
    To be honest with you...I honestly have no idea weather I'm bipolar or not...I'm only comfortable talking to my family in person (I'm not what we would call a social butterfly...In this town if you're not just like everyone else...your best pllan would be to not trust a soul.) and I'm too shy to say a word that would make them worry.