SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #66 - Rank Week

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

Signature of the Week
    no. 66

[voting thread; votes due july 1, 2011]
    RANK WEEK
    As suggested, this week we will segment things to give more people a chance to win!

You will be ranked by whether or not you have won a Signature of the Week competition in the past. There will be two categories running simultaneously; those who have won before and those who have not. We will have two winners, who will each receive the standard SotW prize (Hall of Fame & Pin).

There is no theme otherwise (freestyle).

Please note: if you entered, you must vote for BOTH teams. That is, you will have TWO votes this time around--one for Team Hermes, the other for Team Zeus. Those who did not enter can vote for either or both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Team Hermes
    Bushy-Brow-1992
    [​IMG]

мσησ¢няσмє
    [​IMG]

Noroz
    [​IMG]

Saxima
    [​IMG]

Marushi
    [​IMG]

• Jay •
    [​IMG]

Ty
    [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Team Zeus
    Misty
    [​IMG]

jojoj13
    [​IMG]

Ienzo
    [​IMG]

Chevalier
    [​IMG]

Laplace
    [​IMG]

2. T3F Chaser

TEAM HERMES:

Jay- Really like the colours in this one, and the lighting, and the text. It all comes together really well. Very nice work
    Bushy-Brow-1992 - CLANNAD!!! I love the whole rainbow thing. Nagisa is a very 'colourful' character, and you've shown that really well! Loving the pictures behind her as they don't draw too much attention away. Love the border and the text. More blending maybe? Very well done!
    Monochrome- very simple, but again, this tag works very well. The colours do the sig justice, text could make this better, but it does look good as is =)

TEAM ZEUS:

Laplace- absolutely gorgeous. I love the floral patterns and brushes and the smudging looks really good. My only criticism would be that the lighting on the render looks a little bit too harsh. Still, great job!
    Ienzo- Very close second. Love the use of thin clipping masks, gives a really cool effect. Text is good, background is good, though I believe your lighting is in the wrong place. Other than that, well done!
    jojo13- The wireframes look really cool, they give a nice effect for the whole tag. Just wish there was a little bit more depth in it =)

3. Doukuro Chaser

Team Hermes

Jay - Nice colors, cool effects. Little blurry but my eyes are bad at focusing on the color theme so that's just me o:
    Ty - I'm not too big on centering the focal point but it's still pretty neat.
    Saxima - Nice effects c:

Team Zeus

Misty - I like these types of sigs best. Very nice concept, too.
    Chevalier - Little too bright, but still overall very pretty.
    Laplace - Even brighter. e.o lol. Nice flow and all though.

Sorry for not enough details. My eyes are dying now.

Good luck everyone. c:

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Team Hermes
    Jay - Your works always impress me, so of course this does as well. I love the effects you used and the text. I love the text a lot, and i'm not too certain why but it catches me.
    Ty - I love, love, love the colors! I also dig the effect, especially to the upper right hand section. The text bothers me very slightly, and I'm not too into the centering either. But a very good job! I like it overall.
    мσησ¢няσмє - I love the simplicity of this. Also the antique-like feel to it with the colors. It's very appealing c:

Team Zeus
    Misty - Again, colors! I love how everything is just placed and amazing and beautiful. I'm a big fan of this piece. I can't find a single thing that makes it in any way bad.
    Chevalier - I love signatures like this. It's sized differently and it's big and it's captivating. I also love the effects and the text. c:
    Laplace - I love the patterns and colors you used! It's so warm and welcoming. I love how the image is used as well, for alignment and how it's very in detail. The space to the right bothers me very slightly, but I love the whole thing. It's really pretty~

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Team Hermes~
    Jay: I like the border, it's pretty cool and the clouds are awesome. The image of Naruto seems to be placed just right. You always make awesomesauce.
    Ty: I don't know who the guy is, but he looks cool. The colors you used for the background and the covering go together so well, not to mention the thiness of it fits so well.
    Monochrome: It's simple and that makes it look good, the sepia look that it has going on is awesome and it all blends really nicely.

Team Zeus~
    Misty: Didn't you say you were in a slum when you made this? It looks pretty great for that, I really like the render of Sora you used and all the lighting and the blues, and the moon, man it looks great.
    Ienzo: I love Gin, he's pretty awesome, and I really like the distortion using the rectangles. The light behind the render is really well placed. Well done.
    Laplace: The combo of colors you used fit so well together, this one's just so pretty all over and reminds me of a piece of candy for some reason. (:

6. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Team Hermes
    • Jay •: Right side looking too empty, but otherwise very nice.
    Ty: Interesting effects and colors, but stock placement is ehh.
    мσησ¢няσмє: Nice coloring and lightning.

Team Zeus
    Chevalier: Love it, colors and lightning could improve a little bit, but otherwise it's my favorite.
    Misty: Kinda too dark, but that's my preference, love the smudging as usual.
    jojoj13: Interesting concept and colors, but stock placement could be a tad better.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

TEAM HERMES-
    Jay- I really like this one, mainly 'cause I love the smile on Naruto's face. lol, I also like the color scheme.
    Saxima-I really love this one, the music of the violin is just so pretty. lol, I'm such a softy!
    Noroz- I like this one, but I'm not exactly sure why. It just feels right to me. idk. I'm nuts, what'cha gonna do.

TEAM ZEUS
    Laplace- again, I like the cholor scheme, and it just really is a cool sig.
    Ienzo- I think this one is really cool, I like it a lot.
    Chevalier- Nice job with the sig, it's pretty cool, and the girl is cute.

8. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Hermes
    Jay - I like the overall feel of the sig, Nice effects and colors.
    Ty - Simple, but I like it. The effects look good as well as the colors and the render.
    Monochrome - The render looks nice with the background. I think I would like to see a tad more going on though.
    Zeus
    Misty - I simply adore that sig. It looks beautiful, everything works.
    Chevalier - Very pretty, Nice placing of render, the effects are nice and the colors look nice. I think its a bit too big though (the sig)
    Laplace - Very nice looking sig. The effects are great and the overflow of colors look awesome

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Hermes
    Jay - Hell yeah! Naruto! Love the colours and just everything about this one. Except the border... personally I feel the border at the bottom and left wasn't needed... still, love it! XD
    Saxima - I love the effects in this and the colours, it's very nice and I love what you did.
    Noroz - It's like I can feel the Spirit Pressure oozing from Ichigo with the way you made this. Well done! ¦3

Zeus
    Ienzo - Gin! Trust you to pick Gin lol, anyway... I love all of the sigs you do, something about them always just make me feel excited and what to see more of your work.
    The only thing I can think of is the bit of Gin's face that escaped due to the rectangle distortion effect. But I love that effect too, I just feel that part of the face didn't need it. XD Again, love your stuff Enzy! :)
    Laplace - Heh, Aegis from Persona 3 eh? Nice choice. The colours, decoration and lighting all work very well in this sig. I love it! :P
    Chevalier - I love the lighting in this one, and the great choice of render (as someone above said, she's cute too :P) I think it's all blended together rather nicely and... yeah lol. Very nice job! :D

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Team Hermes

Bushy-Brow-1992:
    I've always loved the colours on this one, it's really nice as it all fits in well together while the lines draw your eye to the render. Nice job! ^^

Ty: I just love the bubble effect on this, it's very nice but I feel like it needs a bit more, but I love the text on it

Jay: The render is blended nicely and the colours go well together, the only thing that gets me is the border- it just seems a bit too big for me.

Team Zeus:

jojojo13: I just really like the simplicity of this one, the framework looks nice with the render.

Laplace:
    I really like the simply background with the more complex arrangement that blends the render in nicely.

Chev: I like how all the blue and black goes well together, I would have just preferred it if it was smaller.

11. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Team Hermes
    Bushy-Brow-1992 - The shape of the signature really does make the whole thing stand out, it's different and makes the tag smooth. I also like the simple rainbow gradient background.
    Noroz - I like the attempt here. It's something different and it works well the render chosen. I do think it needs to be cleaned up however.
    Saxima - The colour scheme is very nice. Also the patterns in the background are really nice and pretty. I think the render needs to be blended into the tag a bit more.

Team Zeus
    Misty - The smudging in this is so soft and simple. It's just amazing. I also love those cirlces, they always get me ;D.
    Chevalier - Again this is simply amazing. I just think the stock should stand out just a bit more from the rest of the tag.
    Laplace - The brushes really enhance the flow in this tag, they lso make the whole thing so damn colourful.

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Team Hermes~

Ty- I like the colors used in this. Simple as that.

Jay- The color and text really put me off, but I think you did pretty well.

Marushi- I think you had a great concept, but it didn't really go through very well.

Team Zeus~

Lapras - I love the colors in this, and the approach to the whole thing.

Misty - I like the vibrancy and the colors you used.

Jojojoj13 - I like what you were trying to do, it just needs more depth and a bit of uniformity.

13. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Team Hermes:

Ty - I'd say, I really like the colors on this one. Though, I feel that you should have changed the background. Sometimes, it just looks like you're putting less effort on the stock.

Jay - I feel that you could have blended it better than what it is now, but I do like the colors, sort of.

Monochrome - Nothing else is really going in this signature, but I love it maintains a nice, smoky effect to it.

Team Zeus:

Misty - Dang, I always love how you adjust your colors. Very simple, the way I like it.

Laplace - The vectors are nice, and all, but the colors are a bit too flashy for my tastes. The smudging on the right seems clashing a bit to the colors of the left.

Chevalier - Man, that's a lot of blur. There's so much soft brushing going on too. I like how it blends in the background very well.

14. Misty gimme kiss

Team Hermes

1. Ty: Just lovely. <3 There's a bit of a composition problem here (dead center nothnx) but it's not bothering me so much here. Gorgey.
    2. • Jay •: I think you could use some work on the light & the text but otherwise this is a really nice tag, one of the best I've seen from you. Good work!
    3. Saxima: I think, first of all, the stock could be a little larger--he seems to be a little lost in all you've got going on! I think a bit more color variation could help too, but pretty nonetheless.

Team Zeus

1. Chevalier: So much loooooooooove. You need to stop under-contrasting everything, I know that it is pretty and you love it and so do I (and that I'm not one to talk) but I think it's kind of detracting from this tag--you can't see any of the detail in the darker areas.
    2. Laplace: Pretty effects but srs case of floating head syndrome here. o: I'm not too in love with the blue either, it feels very out of place.
    3. jojoj13: Love the effects but hate hate hate the colors with a passion. D: Sorry.

15. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Ooh, first time voter :D

Team Hermes
    1. • Jay • Quite interesting and warm feeling. Love the colors and quote.
    2. мσησ¢няσмє Love it! In my opinion, could have been a bit more centered on the character, but y'know.
    3. Ty Really nice. Love the colors.

Team Zeus
    1. Laplace Brilliant work, by far my favorite of the bunch. Great contrast.
    2. Chevalier Close second, not many problems, aside from the lack of differentiating colors/contrast makes it a bit too dark.
    3. Ienzo Great work, love the light and colors. I know the bars and replacements are artsy, but they put me off slightly.

16. Misty gimme kiss

Whew, things were really close on this one!

For Team Hermes our winner is Jay with a record 34 points!
    Team Zeus was incredibly close, with Laplace winning by just two points!

Awesome work everyone, new SotW will be up soon. =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.