We need a crack for BBS

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by P, Jan 9, 2010.

1. P Banned

Not for piracy, but for coding, unless everyone wants to use the PSP AR when there are far better (free) alternatives.

Of course, I'm talking about NitePR and CWCheat, a couple of homebrew cheat plugins. The downside is that the UMD doesn't work with the current custom firmware, which is required to use the plugins. It's impossible to patch a game on the UMD (AFAIK), so it would have to be ripped to an ISO, which is easy enough for people to do. Then it could be patched to play on custom firmware. Only then can the cheat plugins be used.

So really, a patch is required if any coding is to be done efficiently (and it's plain silly to only support the Action Replay PSP).

Opinions?

2. Majik Chaser

A crack wont come from this site. All PSP games sooner or later come with a new security system. BBS is using a new security system. You have to wait till someone such as GEN, Yoshihiro, or someone understanding the system can figure out how it works.

On a second note, lets keep this type of chat involving cracks or ISO's off the site.

3. P Banned

Fair enough about the crack source.

As for no ISO discussion: that's going to be rather difficult if you wish to have codes, unless you only plan on using ARPSP, which is a waste of resources and has less support in the community. The game must be patched in order to run on the same firmware as the homebrew plugins. You can only patch an ISO. Ergo, you need ISO discussion to support codes.

Furthermore, ISOs technically are legal, provided the owner did the ripping personally. I understand that this is a fairly touchy subject though, because it's a small step from this to giving out download links.

Do we have a strict policy about homebrew/ripped games, etc? You guys may want to get one if we don't. If we do, can I have a link?

4. Majik Chaser

The fact that it has less community support isn't a issue.
    If it can be done legally, then it can be done legally.
    Its allowed to be discussed here.

Your allowed 1 rip of your genuine purchased disc in most countries.
    But you will face a problem booting it since consoles prevent your from booting them. This topic will just run me & you back & forth since you are allowed your backup, but in most cases you must do something illegal to get the backup to boot.

Admins have told us time from time to not allow sketchy discussion.
    Its not so much of strict policies, they just to perfer to dodge the bullet all-together.

5. P Banned

I wasn't aware that it was illegal to install CFW. EULA violating, definitely, but not illegal.

6. Majik Chaser

The firmwares are copyright by Sony.
    Modifying copyright code is indeed illegal.
    (But patches could change this in some way, since in most cases they only get pissed if you redistribute modified copyright code)
    But either way, the firmware is created by illegal methods.

Most people tend to believe that it depends on how you use it that makes it illegal though (booting ISO,CSO of games you do not own).
    Sketchy subjects, are sketchy.

7. ralph9994 Merlin's Housekeeper

im glad i live in holland (its legal to download games)

but anyway we need to get pass this screen (with a code?)

[​IMG]

8. LethalK Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm glad I live here too :))

9. Tiagossj3 Gummi Ship Junkie

It's possible with a code but i heard you can also get pass that by having a BBS save on your Memory stick, but no one confirmed because there isn't a save on gamefaqs and they don't know people with a save.

10. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

I also thought a save file would be a solution to this problem. There seems to be a person on Youtube, who has been able to play a bit of BBS. I am not sure if its fake or not, but I have sent him a message asking him for a save file.

11. sorarxs1 Merlin's Housekeeper

with save data it doesnt work

12. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah you're right I was thinking about it and it doesn't make sense that a Save Date would work. I think the only way is too get the CFW 6.10/.20 to come out. (CFW is not illegal)

13. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

They put a new security system on it. It has checks throughout the game. So if it isn't patched then you can't really play the game.

14. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

I've tried an Emu just for the heck of it, and too no luck. If there was a way to emulate (on the psp) the UMD from the memory stick then it should work with the OFW, or am I just completely wrong? O.o

15. P Banned

It does emulate the UMD from the memory stick. It's how games are played. Sony built their own virtual UMD driver for it, and there are some fan-made ones too.

It works with OFW (provided you have the UMD), but on OFW you cannot use homebrew cheat devices.

16. EvilMan_89 Code Master

is this also a problem for people who purchased the game and are trying to play it off the UMD?

17. razor234 Chaser

I've heard that even if you have the umd, if you have CFW you can't play it
    but if you have OFW 6.20 you can play it
    soooo no hax for now

18. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    Yeah the game won't work at all if you don't have OFW 6.20 The Game itself checks 4 friggen times for CFW
    That means there are 4 red screens which they only passed Two :(

19. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

No I don't think so. If you are running 5.50 GEN-D3 CFW I am pretty sure you can run the UMD of BBS

I am pretty sure that they have gotten to the third screen, and on a video on Youtube, its says it has gotten all the fourth screen.

20. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    You said so you can run the UMD but not play the game they've gotten to the 4th red screen but haven't passed it =/
    I saw that same video that's why i'm letting you guys know ^^