Support Weird Issue with Smartphone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I did not -- or, rather, do, since I still use it for its alarms -- have this problem with my old flip phone.

Every now and then something will happen with the smartphone and my computer speakers will make this weird static-y noise that gets louder if I move the phone closer and lasts for about 10 seconds regardless if it can be heard or not. Additionally, if I'm playing on my PS2, it seems to scramble with my controller. Like, if the game is just sitting there without any commands from me on the controller, it'll all of a sudden act as if I were holding one of the directional buttons and go down or up over a list over and over (e.g., the battle command menu on Dragon Quest VIII) or act as if I pressed X. If I'm playing a game when it does this, it really messes things up.

Now a little while ago, my phone appeared to freeze up, so it reset itself. When it went back on, I discovered it that also messed with the controller because Dragon Quest VIII started going crazy.

I don't know. Weird issue. Thoughts?

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

My guess would have to be something to do with certain types of frequencies. Is the controller wireless?

I'm not sure but you could try calling the manufacturer or just google it. There's usually someone out there who's already made this same inquiry.

If you don't know how, tell me the manufacturer, carrier, and model of the phone and I'll see what I can find. Smartphone really isn't enough to go on. There's a lot of Smartphones.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

PS2 controller is wired.

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

That's not very helpful Amaury. I'm not going to be able to find anything with that. Do you have the make and model of the smartphone? When you refer to your phone, when asked what it is, what do you call it?

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Misread that last paragraph. Soz.

• Model: LG800GHL
    • S/W Version: V10e
    • H/W Version: Rev1.0

6. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Nothings really showing up. It could more than likely just be interference with your phone causing your speakers to mess up.

As for the "wired" controller, I'd recommend giving it a good cleaning. I can't see your phone causing interference with a "wired" controller. All the controls are hardwired, where as a wireless can easily be messed up.

Test it out with another set of speakers, see if it does the same thing.

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I don't know about the controller but with your speakers its just interference from your phone's signal -its not all that uncommon, especially if you're getting a text or a call. It really depends on the quality of the speakers you have.There's not much you can do about it besides adding extra protection to your speakers wires, but to be honest, if it only lasts a few seconds its not worth the hassle. Or, you know, you could keep your phone away from the speakers.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

The controller's clean, and it only happens when the phone does that.

Yeah, I can tell when it's a call or text if I don't happen to hear my phone because I forgot to take it off silent or something because the speakers will sound louder and different than when it just does it. What I'd like to know, though, is why it wasn't / isn't a problem with my old flip phone.

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm not sure about the controller then. It's just wierd.

Anyway, as for the question. It didn't do that on your flip phone because it was running/emitting a different frequency than your smartphone. A smartphone has it's own cpu/processor. A regular flip phone didn't have anything, in comparison. There's a big difference in capability and how they work. Just know it's the frequencies/signals interfering with each other.

But yea, smartphones are not flip phones. They don't work the same way.

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Your smartphone and old flip phone operate with different technologies and at different frequencies. It may be because your smartphone's signal works at a higher frequency but my knowledge on phone tech is fairly limited so I don't know for sure.

Edit: lol what Nights said.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thanks, guys.

This can be locked now, then. My question's been answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.