What to Buy

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Iskandar, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ok, I'm getting sick and tired of WLMM. First it decides to not save anything, then it decides to save videos that wouldn't save, and now it won't save again. I really want Sony Vegas, but do you guys know how much it is? I really would like to buy a game for my DS with my birthday money, but the way things are going, I need Vegas. If you guys know how much it is and what version, please help. Because this is seriously starting to chap my hide (all rights belong to Rikku of the Gullwings for what I just said)

I'm not kidding when this is my reaction to this problem.
    [video=youtube;LTNP792ykYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTNP792ykYM&list=PLA6BF934D1F434EAC[/video]

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Pretty sure that this isn't in the right section but I guess a mod will move it later.

A quick search on Amazon got me this. Looks like a pretty good deal since the differences between Sony Vegas 7 and the newest version, 10, don't really make a difference for people who just edit AMVs. Plus it's more than half the price of Sony Vegas 10. You could probably find a copy of Vegas for an even lower price if you looked around eBay or something of the sort. Or if you don't really need the full version, you can check out Vegas Movie Studio which is basically a stripped down version of the program for a much lower price.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Vegas Pro 9 or 10 can cost up to $500 bucks.

I have Vegas Movie Studio (yes, there's a difference) but I don't know how much it costs since it was a Christmas gift from my parents.

The only downside to VMS is that you can only have 4 video tracks maximum which can be a bit annoying if you plan on doing big, elaborate MMVs and such. Overall though, it works fine. I've been using it for about two years now and look at my Youtube to see what it can do.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

kinda hard to get a grasp when I can't find many videos that are even 1 minute.

5. Misty gimme kiss

_MOVED

to Tech Support.

I'd second GS's suggestion of eBay, just make sure you're buying from a high-rated/trusted seller. =]

6. Daydreamer

Before spending money, I suggest that you research free alternative video editing programs, if all you're sick of is the default one that came with your computer.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

what, you think I haven't tried that before? Didn't exactly come up with anything useful. I did that before I even started making videos

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Before spending a lot on a high end editor try this first

http://movies.blainesville.com/p/wmm-60-on-windows-7.html

That will allow you to go back to WMM 6.0. Now keep in mind that this is still WMM which isn't well known for stability, but it may prove better than WLMM. I personally haven't had any problems yet with WMM 6.0, granted I haven't used it extensively either.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

unfortunately, I can't download anything on this computer. Or I would have to at least let my dad know. He does not want anything to happen to this computer like the last one, which got a virus, and now he's having to completely rebuild the computer

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Unfortunately the freeware editor market is torn between so dumbed down that you can't do much, or so advanced that you need to know coding to make it work how you want it to. Still you might find good alternatives for cheaper than Vegas. Roxio for one is pretty decent. I lost my copy while switch computers but that had a nice balance of power and usability.

What antivirus are you running. AVG and Avast are both plenty good enough for free.

11. Daydreamer

You didn't exactly make it sound like you actually tried out other programs.
    Have you seen Blender? It's a 3D editing suite but it can be used for video editing.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I didn't because all of them were either voted very low or something else.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Also, you can look on Sony's website for 30 trials of some different models of Vegas. It'll help you get a grasp on how the system works.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'll hope I can get something to replace WLMM. I swear, I don't know what they did, but it's rediculous how bad it is. All those hours making one AMV with Headstrong and I can't even save. that does NOT make me happy

15. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

I have blender and it's REALLY hard if you don't know how to use it or know how to program.:\

sure there's vids on youtube on how to use it but even with the vids it's still a bit confusing, to me anyway.:\

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I know how you feel, dude. I used it for over a year and it took forwver to make something that was usually decently crappy. Vegas is much better once you know how to use the effects and transitions properly. It takes some getting used to though...

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, I don't mind the videos I make on it, it's the saving that's the problem. I don't know why, but I can save anything except for a completed video. I don't know why, but whenver I try to save a finished video, it comes up with an error code, but anything else works just fine

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

What is said code? It might help us fix the problem.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

this one's different. I've gotten 3 of them now. But the one that just came up was 0x87160129. I've gotten a 0x80004003, and one other that I can't remember

20. Misty gimme kiss

Are they just error popups and then the program closes, or is your computer actually BSODing?