Birth by Sleep What Would You Have thought if BBS was Called KH3?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Feb 7, 2013.

1. A Zebra Chaser

There have been some ephemeral musings about BBS' original development, including the possibility of it going by the name Kingdom Heartsb III.
    Suppose that had been the case (though the game was still the same)
    Do you think you would have treated it differently?
    Honestly, i don't think I would, BBS already felt like a numbered title to me (it's KH0 after all) but I feel like it would have made a lot of people complaining about how KH3 is never going to be released more silent.
    Though they would instead probably complain about it not being on the same scope as previous numbered KH games.

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I think then a few people would be confused about kh3 being before kh1 and 2. But overall that would get rid of the "where's kh3" people. Then again we'd have "where's kh4?" people next. But yeah, I wouldn't have thought any different of it. Just a title after all.

3. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

Well... I would say "OMERGERD I'M SO HYPED FOR KH4/NEXT KH GAME NOOOOOOW"

I'm not too obsessive but yeah...

4. Misty gimme kiss

I think a lot of the people who complain about there being no Kingdom Hearts III yet are the ones who also write off all the post-KHII games as "spin-offs." They're not. Even Coded, which is a rather unpopular title, contributes something to the story, and there have been highlights like Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance. I think Birth by Sleep could have made a proper Kingdom Hearts III, and I remember reading that they considered naming it as such, but I think it would confuse a lot of players if, in the game's chronology, Kingdom Hearts III came before Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II ( even if they shouldn't be played in that order ).

Personally Birth by Sleep is one of my favorite titles in the series and I think it does deserve a numbered entry into the series, but I also don't really care. I'll play Kingdom Hearts re:REMIX 4.75 -Final Mix- as long as it continues to be a financially viable option. Birth by Sleep being KHIII would shut some of the complainers up, though. P;

5. libregkd -

6. Misty gimme kiss

7. Labrys King's Apprentice

Lol some here, I'm too poor to get a psp: P
    Honestly I wouldn't mind, the fans expect too much from KH. Besides many games have done that for instance: Devil May cry 3. Its a prequel yet it says "3" on it, so if people don't mind Devil May cry 3 being a prequel then why would they complain if BBS was called Kh3?

8. Indecypher Destiny Islands Resident

9. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

The only problem I'd have would be KH3 being a prequel if this happened. But apparently it's been done before. In my opinion, it wouldn't fit as KH3. Mostly because KH and KH2 were centered on Sora, and some incredible battle with the end being happy. BBS didn't really end on a happy note. I can't really imagine it as a KH3.

10. Misty gimme kiss

You're right in that it was a very transitional title, it raised more questions than it answered and didn't, as you said, end on a "happy note." But the first Kingdom Hearts game didn't really either. imo Birth by Sleep did have a lot of intense battling, and the overall scope of the game between the three characters was really impressive. I guess it not being on a console is all that's really holding it back? The loose ends could easily have been tied up in a Kingdom Hearts IV.

11. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh yeah forgot about KH1's ending. I guess the fact that it's not on a console is what's bothering me. Come to think of it, they haven't made an actual console game in a while (not counting remakes).

12. Misty gimme kiss

That's why I think they're doing the HD Remix(es) now, I think they want to centralize the games and the stories in preparation for the next big title. That way players can buy a forthcoming "Kingdom Hearts III" without a great deal of confusion as to the story... or as little as possible, considering this is Kingdom Hearts.

13. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

I've never liked BBS, and I would've been angry if KH3 would've been as crappy as KH2 (since, to me, BBS is a pile of it). But thats' neither here nor there. I personally don't feel like it would've been a good fit. The numbered KH games, imo, should be going in chronological order, and be on a console. Eh.

14. 61 No. B

I don't consider BBS to be a numbered game, and so I don't really think that I would like it to have been KH3, but there's' nothing that annoys me more with the KH fan-base than people complaining about KH3 not being out yet. As if the story hasn't progressed or nothing important has happened since KH2. If naming BBS KH3 would have stopped that, I might be able to deal with it. (however I think the name "Kingdom Hearts 0" sounds kinda cool, and makes a ton more sense than "Birth by Sleep." I'm still not even sure where they got that from.)

15. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

that was my first thought that bbs was kh3