What's wrong with Pooh Bear?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Iskandar, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ok, I may be looking to much into this, but I was just finishing up Kingdom Hearts the other day, and I noticed there was something wrong with Winnie the Pooh. Here's some things I've noticed:
    1) Pooh is a theif.
    I mean come on. He takes honey from people without asking, and he even has people distract bees just so he can steal honey.
    2) He's a glutton.
    Don't tell me you haven't noticed this. I don't care if he's a bear. No bear in the world ever eats that much. How much honey do you think he's eaten? Seriously, there's no way that thing should still be alive.
    3) The characters are selfish
    Here's something that happens all the time. How many times do you guys see eeyore in some sort of "distress", and they just completely pass him by. Even in the game, when he's floating in the river, they just leave him be. You actually have to get him, otherwise he would keep floating away.
    4) They don't know the meaning of "Breaking and Entering"
    This is rediculous. It's not just in Kingdom Hearts. In nearly every episodes or the movies, like the Tigger movie, they just walk, or even slam, into people's homes. They don't even think about it. They just go in without knocking, and they do whatever they want. In Pooh's case, he just steals more honey.

Hasn't anyone noticed these? I mean, this is a kid's show. What would happen if a child started copying all of this? I think I'm starting to get scared of the little people.

2. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

When bears hibernate they eat a lot of.... stuff to block themselves up so they don't excrete.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

but tell me, how many times have we seen him hibernate? Heck, there's been plenty of episodes that take place in Winter, and yet he's still outside

4. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

He's a stuffed bear. He has the instinct to eat, but not the need to hibernate.

As for the rest:
    Yes, he's a thief. But again, it's survival instinct. In the wild, a bear will take whatever it can get in order to survive. Bears steal food from campers rather often and that's dismissed as, "Oh the bear is an animal, it's your fault for not securing the food propbearly." Why should a fictional stuffed bear be any different?

They ignore Eeyore because they think he's just being pessimistic and an overall downer.

Breaking and entering? Hardly. The 100 Acre Wood, despite the distance, is a very tight knit, rural, and extremely old fashioned community. It is expected for neighbors to walk into your home unannounced just as long as you are home. Nobody knows any better.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Because it's a child's show, and meant to help kids know what to be like when they grow up

I don't think they even know that those words exist

I noticed that a long time ago, but that doesn't mean you just walk into a house. I mean come on, if this were real life, I hope your nieghbor doesn't decide to bring up the "make my day" law

6. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

So everything that a child experiences has to be a good example, even if it's not real and intended for entertainment rather than education?

And because they don't know words automatically means they don't know the concepts that those words describe?

Extremely old fashioned was supposed to be a key phrase there. They DO have locks on their doors. In the culture of the 100 Acre Wood, the expectation is that if you don't want people in your house, you'll lock your doors. Besides, everybody does it to everybody else. Again, they expect each other to barge in unless the doors are locked. In fact, Pooh seems to be the only one that has any sense of personal privacy. While still not locked most of the time, his house is the only one with a doorbell and a sign that says to knock. He has made it clear that he wants (yet doesn't expect) his privacy, and likely expects that if others want it then they will make it clear too. The fact that nobody has ever barged into Pooh's house unannounced serves to demonstrate that his neighbors respect that. If they want that same privacy, they will follow Pooh's example.

7. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Well when your a kid you dont notice these sort of things and of course dont care. Its a low chance, but if they start doing the same then just make them watch something else. Theres a lot of kids shows and their bound to like one that'll get their mind off Winnie The Pooh.

8. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

It's a Disney character. That's your answer. He may do bad stuff, but he doesn't intend to hurt anyone, and is forgiven because of this.
    Forgiveness seems to be Disney's main sales-point.

9. Patman Bof

When I was a lil kid and watched the show I did notice that Pooh was a glutton and a thief. I remember that he gets punished for his gluttony (for instance he ends up stucked in a doorway for eating too much, problem is he doesn' t retain any lesson more than 30 seconds), but I can' t remember if his thievery is acknowledged by anyone, in any shape or form.

10. Krowley Moderator

Pooh's relationship with his friends is Give and take.
    His friends Give him Honey or he Takes it.

Maybe Pooh is just one of those friends who mooch off you,
    and you forgive them just because you've known them for so long and they're nice people.

11. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I think you might be breathing too much in to this, Aqua. When you're little, you don't notice these things. Like Krowley and Noroz said. Pooh's relationship with his friends is give and take or maybe he is just one of those friends who mooch off of you but you forgive them because they're nice people. Why can he get away with it? Because it's Disney. Pooh bear isn't a big, bad ass villain that barges into their houses, demanding honey or else. He doesn't intend to hurt anybody and is forgiven because of this.

12. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, Pooh Bear is a Disney's character for kids. Pooh and kids are a little... naive, let's put in that way. While "grow ups" can see Pooh stealing and being selfish, little kids can see him being somebody happy that occasionally finds honey over here and there.

When I see those both sides, I can only say that Disney expects kids to "be naive" and just see that he's eating and having fun with his friends.

Last week I don't know why I wanted to watch the Movie Pokemon Mewtwo strikes back again. When I was little, I remember that I didn't notice anything weird and crazy. But now I realized that what Ash and his friends did to get on the Best Pokemon Master's palace is nonsense and crazy, but when kid I didn't realized that. I told myself "that's completely normal and anyone would do".

So I think that's my answer.

Well, Pooh Bear is a Disney's character for kids. Pooh and kids are a little... naive, let's put in that way. While "grow ups" can see Pooh stealing and being selfish, little kids can see him being somebody happy that occasionally finds honey over here and there.

When I see those both sides, I can only say that Disney expects kids to "be naive" and just see that he's eating and having fun with his friends.

Last week I don't know why I wanted to watch the Movie Pokemon Mewtwo strikes back again. When I was little, I remember that I didn't notice anything weird and crazy. But now I realized that what Ash and his friends did to get on the Best Pokemon Master's palace is nonsense and crazy, but when kid I didn't realized that. I told myself "that's completely normal and anyone would do".

So I think that's my answer.

13. Amayashiro Merlin's Housekeeper

Honestly, I think you are looking too deep into this. Pooh Bear is a bear, therefore he doesn't have any of the moral standards that humans have. If you haven't noticed, bears in the animal kingdom steals, are selfish, a glutton, and breaks in an entering. They just want to survive and find food in whatever ways necessary. Also, keep in mind it's a children's series and film, I don't think breaking and entering affects the plot all that much. So keep in mind he's a bear and you will probably not worry about this as much

14. i like movies type person Merlin's Housekeeper

pooh is old. he is a corporate raider now. and now that disney owns marvel comics, he's going to get a mini- iron-man-pooh suit. he looks uncomfortable. but those bees are doomed now.

15. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Interesting to say the least but let's get somethings straight. Winnie is the creation of A.A Milne so if you want to blame anyone about that world that has created a lot of theories, including one which claims that the 100 Acre Wood is some sort of bedlam and all the haracters are schizophrenic, blame him. Unforunately i have yet to read Milne's original material and cannot offer a comparison with Disney's presentation but i doubt major differences exist.

But don't underestimate the bear.
    From Wikipedia
    I believe you can attribute characteristics of thievery or gluttony to Winnie and many others to the rest of the characters of his world, always from the perspective of an adult but i doubt a kid would ever get in the trouble of overanalyzing Pooh for second texts and hidden meanings.

16. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I've watched the 2011 movie and I've played all 100 Acre Woods books of the KH games.

In general, I think Pooh play this dumb and gluttonous personality to give a lesson to the kids.

In the 2011 movie, Pooh refuses a jar of Honey to help Eeyore who has lost his tail. He was hungry since the very begin of the movie. And still, he refuses to help a friend in deed.
    Even being gluttonous and dumb, he shows to the kids what is msot important.

Considering all his, he's a regular character for the kids.