Kingdom Hearts II When Mickey Comes to the Rescue

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Why is it that when Mickey comes to the rescue, the allies disappear? Couldn't they keep fighting alongside Mickey?

2. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I'm not entirely sure on the reason behind this, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that maybe the developers just assumed that the allies would most likely get defeated before Sora in battle. Also It could be that they wanted to avoid making the Mickey sections overpowered which could end up happening as even though you cant beat the boss as Mickey, it is possible to get the boss down to the last bit of health. Although I think they were just trying to encourage players to think of Mickey as a "last chance" idea in battle and not to depend on him too much ( so I think the no allies as Mickey idea might just be the same kind of idea as getting to play as Mickey is down to random chance)

3. Explode Who?!

For story reasons, having Mickey meet up with Donald and Goofy would make things a little messy. Aside from the brief moment in Twilight Town, they're not supposed to officially meet again until Hollow Bastion, and after that Mickey vanishes again, chasing after Xemnas. So for lack of a better phrase, Mickey comes out of the shadows to help out now and then, and then disappears without anyone knowing he helped.

That aside, while Donald and Goofy can certainly fight, Sora is definitely the strongest among them, so if Sora is knocked out, it's reasonable to assume that Donald and Goofy would eventually be knocked out too. Gameplay-wise, Mickey comes to the rescue in an instant, but theoretically, time could have passed in between.