Birth by Sleep Who ARE Ven, Terra, & Aqua?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by TwilightDragons, Dec 29, 2007.

1. TwilightDragons Merlin's Housekeeper

Dragons: From what I’ve heard. Ven, Terra, and Aqua are three of the four Chasers, or Keyblade Smiths. Yeah. They are the creators of the keyblades.
    Four Chasers.
    Two fell into darkness.
    One returned to the light.
    I bet Terra was the one that ‘returned to the light’. He reminds me of Riku. The strong, deep type who cares for his friends.
    Ven, of course, looks exactly like Roxas. Coincidence? I think not. There’s no such thing as coincidences in video games. There’s a reason for Ven’s appearance. Of course… That may just be Disney and Square Enix screwing with our heads. Helps with the publicity.
    Aqua… Strong and caring. Plus she likes Ven.
    I believe that Xehonort was the other one that fell into darkness. But then explain the words “Xehonort’s memories…†that flash by.

Twilight: No comment

2. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    *sigh*

No, your first few sentences are just theories that people have had. No one knows who or what the Chasers are, although it is likely that the knights are these, or quite how many there are. It is possible that Chaser is what they are calling the new enemy. So far, there is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence that they make keyblades. This was just a theory that was not well supported.

Also, we do not know their allegiances to the Dark or the Light. From what it seems at the end of the second secret ending, Terra does turn to darkness. But this, too, is just speculation. No one knows exactly what his change of eye color means.

Obviously there is a connection between Roxas and Ven. They look, sound, and seem to act exactly the same. Why this is, we do not know yet. According to Nomura, we will understand it when we finish the game. There are many good theories on it, but no one knows yet.

When Xehanort turned up in Radiant Garden, he had no memory except the name Xehanort, according to the Ansem Reports. Since this game takes place in the past, it is likely that it explans what these lost memories were and why they were lost.

3. KWDW Moogle Assistant

Could Ven= Roxas/Sora and Aqua= Namine/Kairi?

Could there be a sort of reincarnation thing going on here?

4. Zeftnon - The Superior Hollow Bastion Committee

There can't, actually. BBS takes place only 10 years before KH1 meaning Sora, Kairi, Ven, and Aqua are all alive so the idea of reincarnation is not possible. As for "Chaser", before I didn't believe it was the knights' titles nor the name of the new enemy. But something actually makes that term make sense: Terra can change his Keyblade's form in the FM battle right? It's almost like metal bending. I think it's possible we'll see all three of them do this in BBS. Hey, maybe all Keyblade Masters of the past could do this which gave all of them the title, "Chasers".

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Ok. I agree with Lord Knight. The name Chasers could just be the name of the new creatures.

I believe Terra and Xehanort have a connection. What that connection is...I don't know, but I do have my speculations. Yes, I think there is a connection between Ven and Roxas (Duh). Aqua and Kairi also have some sort of connection too. How I knows this is....not 100% supported, but it's around there.

6. DesX Merlin's Housekeeper

Well from a theory, and a quite detailed one at that, Roxas may actually be Ven resurrected/reincarnated. Apparently, the keyblades themselves may inbody the souls of their wielders and vice-versa. If Sora's keyblade belonged to Ven before him, then Sora may have recieved a fragment of Ven's soul and when he became a heartless, what was left of Ven manifested itself as Roxas because it's basically the same person or something to that effect. I read it a few months ago on KHI. If I can find it, I'll post that section here if anyone would like me too because I'm going purely off of memory. It may not be accurate.

7. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

*sigh* What's with all the bumping going on lately? Seriously, people. CHECK THE DATE BEFORE YOU POST!!

This would be likely, but for the fact that Sora and Ven do not share keyblades. As we see in the first secret ending, Terra picks up the Kingdom Key - the keyblade which Sora uses - while Ven picks up Way to Dawn - the keyblade that Riku uses. This would mean that Riku inherited the piece of Ven's soul, not Sora.

8. DesX Merlin's Housekeeper

Sorry, I forget to check the date on this. I usually do though.

But anyway, wasn't the keyblade Sora received at Destiny Islands intended for Riku? So wouldn't that mean that Sora did in fact get Ven's keyblade?

9. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Ok, first of all, there is nothing wrong with bumping... since its better than opening a whole new thread.

Back to topic:

Yeah, but Riku and Sora switched Roles when Riku opened his heart to Darkness.

Remember in KH 1, it said that Riku was meant to get Sora's Keyblade, IE: The Kingdom Key.

10. KWDW Moogle Assistant

Sorry, I didn't know that this only took place 10 years before KHI. I thought that would be "ancient" times.

What exactly is the connection between Roxas and Venn?

Technically, Roxas didn't "exist" until KHI, which to my knowledge would be 10+ years after the events with the keyblades.

But I guess I'd be the last person to argue here. :lol:

11. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

'Terra' means land (in Latin?), and 'Riku' means land in Japanese.
    'Ven' means air (in what language?) and 'Sora' means sky in Japanese.
    'Aqua' means water (in Latin?) and 'Kairi' means water (or ocean?) in Japanese.

The knights were fighting in Radiant Garden, right? And we know that Sora, Kairi, and Riku were originally from Radiant Garden. Perhaps the Knights were Sora, Kairi, and Riku's parents and they named them after themselves. xD

12. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

ven is short for "ventus" which means wind in latin.

i dont think that the knights were fighting in radiant garden...i think they were fighting in the area disney castle would be in in 5-10 years (which i have no proof for.) The only other option of where they could have been fighting is the crossroads near castle oblivion since the land looks exactly the same filled with keyblades instead of grass

finally, there isnt proof that sora or riku are from radiant garden...as far as we know only kairi is...i think.

13. Kairi292 Moogle Assistant

Basicly

basicly in KH Birth by Sleep, Terra, Ven and Aqua were sent to get the keyblade, that is what Iam hearing from everyone so far. how you will understand this so much more is when you keep on playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 so many times, then you'll understand what their really saying towards the story. But for the truth, Riku wasn't supposed to get the keyblade in the begging even if they said so.

Here visit this site and stuff, http://www.khfan-videos.webs.com and yeah, it's awsome!

14. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

Ah, thank you for the bit about 'Ven'.
    I doubt they are fighting at Disney Castle, because for one it would be Timeless River, and two, you see King Mickey appear (NOT in his Timeless River form, so that means Disney Castle was probably built by then). As for the Crossroads, that makes some sense.

And yes, we know that Sora is from Radiant Garden, because, remember, he was in the Tent in Tarzan's world and saw the slideshow of Radiant Garden and remarked that it looked familiar. And (at least in the manga) when he arrived at Hollow Bastion, he again stated that it looked familiar (or something to that effect). As for Riku, well, I wouldn't want to leave him out.

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

They are the main characters of BBS. They are all KB masters and have the ability to use magic and defeat the enemy of their present time period (which is not heartless).

A vague description of all we know about them thus far.

16. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes, Riku was meant to get the Kingdom Key, not Sora. But that's not the point of my argument. My point is is that Sora got the Kingdom Key, not Way to Dawn. Even if Riku had ended up with the Kingdom Key instead of Sora, and the whole thing gone from that, it would still not connect to Ven because he was not the weilder of the Kingdom Key. Sora could only have inherited Ven's soul via keyblade if he weilded the Way to Dawn.

17. Adeli Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with it not being at Disney Castle, but your second reason isn't quite so sound. That second part of the video where Mickey appears - we don't know exactly when Mickey arrived. It could be years before or after the fight occurred, right?

Sora's recognition of Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden is probably due to Kairi's heart being with him at that time [or so everyone I've heard from says].

And I wouldn't count on the manga for canonical happenings. >.<; I mean, Vexen clone killing Xaldin, wtf?
    At least the novels are more reliable, it seems Nomura and co. are watching over what the writer puts down.

18. khsuperfan Banned

hold up

first of all, it was right after the battle because Kingdom Hearts is still in the sky.
    secondly, i think its Sunset Hill, because during the beginning of the battle, the sun is setting, and when u c King M, he's looking at the mountain thing created by Master X., and it looks like Sunset Hill for sure.

19. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with the bit about Kairi's heart in Sora. I had realized that a few hours after posting my post. xD

As for Sunset Hill, that was another thing I was thinking about. Because there is a huge cliff there, and Master Xehanort had created a huge cliff. All it needs is ten years of superb growing conditions for all the trees.

But... isn't this getting a bit off topic? No one told me their thoughts on my theory. >.< Why couldn't Ven be Sora's parent, Aqua Kairi's, and Terra Riku's?

20. DesX Merlin's Housekeeper

ehhh....because Square never/rarely mentions a characters parents or when they do, they have an insignificant role (Sora's mom in KH1 and Cloud's mom in FF7 with the exception of Sephy's parents). Not saying that's the reason why but....looking at Ven's age, he seems to only be in his mid teens and if he was around let's say 15 or 16...and Sora was already 4 or 5 at the time of this event apparently, sooo...I find it quite difficult to believe and 11 or 12 year old could get a woman pregnant.