Kingdom Hearts Who do you think tried to save Kairi more?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Sara, May 20, 2013.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

Alright, playing Kingdom Hearts again, I'm just curious.

Who do you think tried to save Kairi more? Who do you think tried to give more to help her? Sora or Riku? And why?

2. Aelin Best Waifu

I believe Riku did. Most of what he did was because he believed that once they got Kingdom Hearts he could get her heart back. He tried to take care of her while she was asleep. He looked out for her and believed that he was protecting her while he was doing it. Sora on the other was searching for her but never gave up much. He spent more time helping other then he did going after her. At the end he made the big sacrifice but came back and didn't truly lose much. Riku lost his entire being to the dark trying to help her, and in the end Sora.

3. A Zebra Chaser

I'd say Sora TRIED more, but Riku actually took more action to do it

4. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

In a way I feel that they were about equal in the amount of effort they used to try to save her. One just took the wrong path as the other the right.
    While Sora searched for her and helped others to get closer to Kairi, Riku had found her but had to take more action to get Kairi's heart back.
    Sora sacrificed his life for Kairi, while Riku sacrificed his light.
    If any of that makes sense.

Seems pretty tied to me =)

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Sora tried to save Kairi, which ended up sacrificing his heart. And Riku took more action since he used the power of darkness just to save Kairi, but he ended up being possessed by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. So it's a tie for me.

6. Sara Tea Drinker

After thinking about it, I think it is Riku. He gave a lot more to help save her and cared for her deeply. True, Sora stabbed himself in the chest and became a heartless, but Riku gave up everything in the process to try and save Kairi. At the end, it even trapped him in Kingdom Hearts when he tried to save his friends.

7. KHblader Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree with you, Riku lost his entire being putting all his soul in the research of Kairi's heart...Anyway, I think they had different ways of "helping Kairi", considering that I suppose Sora and Kairi are linked by a sentimental relationship "in fieri" (allow me the latinism) whereas Riku is just linked with Kairi with a strong friendship, but no more! Riku has done the most, also because he was competitive at the very beginning and the research of Kairi's Heart become something as a challenge for him in order to prevail on Sora!
    It remains to say that in KH the characters are just starting their growth (starting the journey that change their life) and during the first chapter of the story we could see how they lost their childhood going, little a little, in a new condition of maturity...
    (I didn't want to go off topic, I wanted to explain hoe I explain myself the different "diligence" of the two boys!)

8. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I believe Riku took more drastic measures to save her, but i think Sora tried more. Sora didnt really bow down to anyone or anything, he wanted to save her with his own strength and heart. whereas Rike decided he was gonna use the power of darkness to try and help her which ended up backfiring on him

9. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

Riku. No doubt. The way he went about it might have been wrong, but he tried his hardest to look after and help Kairi.