Kingdom Hearts Who talks to Sora at the Awakening?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Zyborggian, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Zyborggian Destiny Islands Resident

This is a bit puzzling to me...
    Just who is that voice?????? S:l
    It may just be a narrator but... I think it has to have some identity.
    After spoiling bbs for myself I have arrived at the possibility that it might be
    Ventus
    but If he is Roxas then it couldnt be him because Roxas hears the voice in his dive to the heart in the prologue of kh2...
    I would like to hear some input on this matter, as I am sure I am not the only one here who has pondered this question...

2. Clear_so_you_can't_See Traverse Town Homebody

I heard it was King Mickey, and I think Nomura confirmed that Mickey was speaking to him.

3. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

No offense, but that's pretty serious talk for Mickey... but oh well. XD It still makes it awesome and adds a few new levels to the excitement. So if it was King Mickey that spoke to Sora... does that mean it was Mickey who spoke to Roxas as well?

4. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

It's probably Mickey if Nomura confirmed it.

If it wasn't confirmed I think it could've been the Keyblade itself
    or Ven.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Did he seriously confirm it was Mickey? Man, I was really hoping it had something to do with KH3, or at least BbS. That kinda takes the fun out of it... And honestly, Bluelazor's right; I really can't picture Mickey talking like that, to a stranger, or the Key Bearer, or anyone really.

6. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes, it's Mickey's voice
    He has the ability to talk to people's hearts.

Mickey admits this when Riku's heart is sent behind the DTD by Ansem the Seeker of Darkness. And does a similar event to Riku in Chain of Memories

How he does this exactly is unknown but he likely learned it from Yen Sid somewhere between BBS and KH1.

7. Aster Phoenix Traverse Town Homebody

I always doubted it was Mickey because during all he said i didn't hear one "Ho-Ho!"

8. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Yeah its most likely Mickey who was talking to him. Thats why Mickey knew who Sora was during the time they sealed Kingdom hearts even though they met

The question is who was speaking in Roxas's awakening

9. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe the same person in the Organization cloak who summoned the Twilight Thorn. I always had the feeling that was the inner memories or personality of Roxas' time in the Organization that were locked away by Diz. And if you think about it, the steps were already there as if Roxas had been there before. Or Namine as she is able to appear there and give Roxas a hand as he falls into darkness. Mickey is still possible as he was aligned with Diz and possibly came to assit him with the awakening process so Roxas could be properly be armed with a keyblade to defend himself from the Organization. But the more I think about it, Namine would make alot more sense.

10. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

I think most of us decided Ventus over Mickey because, before KHI's epilogue (the scene set to Hand in Hand), the last time you hear the voice speak there's a gust of wind.

Personally, I thought Mickey was only the voice Riku could hear, and that was because they'd met, but remember, no fanon allowed here. :|

11. Bluelazor Traverse Town Homebody

There's also the fact that the awakening is so Sora could weild the Keyblade. If it was Mickey, how did he know that Riku would choose darkness and therefore the Keyblade would go to Sora instead of Riku. The Awakening happened before their rough departure from Destiny Island and it didn't seem all that clear when the Awakening happened that Riku would choose darkness over the Keyblade.

12. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Why would mickey be there with Roxas? Did he even know Roxas exsisted since you don't see him till Sora awakes.

13. Gobolo Traverse Town Homebody

Wait so the awakening voice is not always Mickey? Cause it was Sora at the start of BBS but then it could be anyone from the cherishire cat to Xemnas for Roxas? I want Nomura to say who was at Roxas' awakening! We can only speculate about who it was until Nomura tells us...

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i think that is maay just be
    Ventus
    but if it really is
    Ventus
    then why is he talking to Roxas at his awakening. no, no it isnt him with roxas. and its Sora's heart so i think that it could be either
    Sora or Xion
    talking to him in his awakening. i mean think about it the fact that
    Xion
    faded into
    Sora's
    heart at the end of Days means that it may be her talking to Roxas in his awakening. if not then for sure it's
    Sora

15. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I honestly think it really serves no purpose, it is like saying who was talking to Sora when he opened a chest. But if Nomura says its Mickey, it would make some sense

16. KingSimba01 Merlin's Housekeeper

Wasn't that DiZ, if I'm not mistaken?

17. ^_^zexion's real wife^_^ Traverse Town Homebody

i think aqua was talking to sora in the tutorial in kh1 or it could be ven.

18. Kyuubi Vampire Merlin's Housekeeper

I have been wondering who or what is speaking to Sora and Roxas in the Awakening area's. People said it was the King, others said it was Ansem, some said it could've been Kingdom Hearts itself directing them seeing as both Sora and Roxas were keeper of the Keys of Kingdom Hearts along with King Mickey, Riku, and Kiari. Also I wonder if Ven, Aqua, or Terra comes into the Awakening place as well in the upcoming BBS game.

The voice's identity may never be none is all I have to say for now.

19. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

It's because, in Kingdom Hearts, Mickey Mouse is God. He's always there, he always will be, and he knows all. And if you defy him, he smites you.

Anyhoo, on a serious note, I never really thought about who was talking to Sora during The Awakening. I was pretty sure it was Mickey, and I think it was, at least originally. And, if Mickey was speaking with his heart, I'm sure it'd sound a lot more intense than how he normally sounds. And, while it's fully possible that Nomura had been planning everything with Ven and Aqua and everyone else since the beginning, I think they inclined it toward Mickey just in case the game ended up being a flop and Disney pulled out before any other games could be made.

With Roxas, though, I don't know. Could be Mickey, could be Aqua, could be Xion, could even be Axel, for all we know. Obviously after KH1 was a hit, that meant that they could play a lot more with the storyline and add things for us to find out in subsequent games.

20. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Actually, I believe that is was stated by Nomura in an Ultimania at some point that it was the Spirit of the Keyblade who creates the Stations and also trains the weilder how to use the Keyblade.

Roxas' one I mean, we already know that Sora's was Mikey.

Are there stations in BBS btw?