Why? I hate you.......

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Flyn Pnut, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyn Pnut Banned

Hi guys,

The person who I hate is my brother, I basically, like this girl, his girlfreinds hot, I give him that, and the girl I like is still nice looking. But he laughs at me because she isn't the hottest, he's really stupid, because it's personality that counts, and he won't stop laughing. He has had a lot of girlfriends, about 33 in his entire life, why? I don't know, I've had about 2 or 3, who I actually loved. I just wish he'd stop making fun of me! So what, she's not the hottest, to me she's pretty, she's nice, she has tanned skin, brown hair, and green eyes. He laughs, because, she has green eyes and brown hair, which he thinks doesn't go, it looks fine, and, he laughs because she's smart, which made me want to hurt him.....He's stupid, and it isn't as easy to just ignore him, because, he's about to tell everyone at school -_-
    She's really nice, she helps out at the library after school, gave a 2/4 of her birthday money to charity, and tutors people for about £5 per hour.

Any help??

2. Nanaki Broken in six places

Apoligetix is right. Don't let what your brother says bother you, because if he feels the need to pick on you that means he feels insecure. By picking on you about your girlfriend, he is trying to make you feel insecure and upset just to make himself feel better. Just ignore what he says and does, and just stay by your girl's side, alright? That would make you 100 times stronger than your brother, and you'll feel happier. Maybe in time, he may even lighten up a bit.

3. Rhoppergaurd Banned

:ranting: I don't like you making threads about me!!!!!!!:mad:

4. Juicy Chaser

....lol awkward.

Just remember, at the end of the day you'll be getting the furthest in life.

5. Rhoppergaurd Banned

:mad: Thanks a lot! :mad:

6. Styx That's me inside your head.

If he's going to tell everyone in school he's making more of a fool out of himself than out of you. Or haven't you told her you liked her yet? Well if there was ever a time for it it'd be now. That way your brother can't annoy you with it.

7. Rhoppergaurd Banned

Wtf!I'm not going around telling people anything!That's SUCH a lie!!He's made a fool out of me because i went out with someone before!I am just getting revenge!

8. Juicy Chaser

Rhopper, please calm down. You're just making yourself seem like the foolish one here \:

9. Styx That's me inside your head.

Then be the better man instead of getting "revenge". It's really not worth it.

10. Rhoppergaurd Banned

But i was trying to impress this REALLY cool guy by being cool.then Flyn Pnut Told him i was going out with her.I'm just the revenge type.

11. Styx That's me inside your head.

Trying to impress someone is a waste of time. You may have to drop the act and they'll find out you've been trying to get their attention and take it the wrong way. Revenge often backfires too.

12. Rhoppergaurd Banned

-_- Somehow...I knew you were gonna say that.

13. Emzy ♥ Gummi Ship Junkie

When I look at the post below my text here, this immediatly tells me that he is very immature. Ignore him and stop taking notice of what he says; he may be just very jealous of you actually falling for a smart, pretty girl rather than the beautiful, completely idiotic one.
    Would you rather have a conversation that is intelligable or a conversation filled with "oh my gooood!!! *annoying giggle* I totally know what you mean!"
    ?
    Point proved.

And you, Rhoppergaurd, if you have a problem with the advice I have given to your brother, VM me. I don't want to show myself up by arguing in a thread like a child.

14. Misty gimme kiss

It's the nature of siblings to mock one another. It tends to subside as you and your siblings mature, but well... it seems that might be a little far off. Don't let him get to you. If she means something to you, that's wonderful. If she's beautiful in your eyes, that's all that matters, not whether he's had more girlfriends or if his is 'hotter'.

Also, Rhopper, please try to be mature about this and calm down. :/

15. int2646 Traverse Town Homebody

This sounds like a normal sibling love/hate relationship to me. Anyway I advise you to just calm down and try to find some common ground between you and your brother.
    P.S. I don't think that anyone could judge a person beautiful, it's all a matter of perspective really.

16. Dark_dragon_heartless Traverse Town Homebody

I've got brown hair and green eyes... all my friends say it's all right and looks good on me o.0

Anyway, I have a twin sister, and it's difficult with her sometimes as we get into fights (just calling each other).

These fights last for approximatly 10 minutes to 2 hours. It's totally difficult to argue with her, because she's like my best friend as well.

When people argue, they are mostly both wrong. It's easy to make up with people, and easy to fall out with them too.

Ever heard of the saying? "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

:stupid:

17. Rhoppergaurd Banned

Yeah maybe your right...we should'nt be fighting over a stupid thing like this.Sure,He almost killed me because i took his sandwich,but in the end of the day,Were still brothers and will still do anything for each other.Woah,i feel weird!

18. MSUK Twilight Town Denizen

Define "Cool" for me.

19. Repliku Chaser

Ah, good ol sibling rivalry. In the end, I'd say you are the one who is better off, having had 2 or 3 girlfriends because you seem to actually take relationships more seriously and you like the girls you go with for a variety of reasons and not just appearance which also says that. He's just out to make a list for himself as to how many girls he can get with and he's being cocky, and apparently he likes stupid easy girls that look good. Your girl is smart, pretty, has a great personality. I'd say you win the sibling rivalry competition in this matter. It's all a matter of perspective and you actually are more caring. Because he sees that this is an area in which you are defensive, he pokes at it.

My suggestion: Have pride in how you handle relationships and realize it's not the number of girls you get with that makes you a real man. I'd go for quality of a girlfriend over quantity of girlfriends any day. I wouldn't want to leave 30 or whatever ex-girlfriends in the dust because I have a desire to go out with as many girls as I can, nor risk STDs etc. He's likely hurt some girls needlessly with his ways. If you like the girl you are with, enjoy the time you have and realize he's just teasing and mocking you because you are defensive over the topic. Don't let yourself feel guilty over having genuine feelings for others because one day your brother is going to need you when he realizes how superficial he's being, or he'll calm his hormones down and get his head on straight. Girls will learn as he grows older, as to what kind of guy he is and then he'll have a lot of trouble finding any girl that's not a promiscuous ho. If that's what he likes, then that's good for him. Focus on yourself and your girlfriend and enjoy the time you have together. He's not being cool, though he thinks he is. This stuff does catch up with a guy, whether 1 year or 20 years down the way. Good luck to you and your brother, and I'd just tell him at this point that you and he aren't going to see eye to eye on what makes a guy a real man but in the least, you should have respect for one another because you are brothers. Don't feel you should change or that you are wrong for being you in this matter. It's playing off insecurity. Hope that helps you out.

20. Destined Working for WDW

i'm going to assume your brother is older. If that is the case, then he may see you as a challenge, someone who is going to upset the balance that he has been able to build up. It could also be that he is jealous, seeing as how you have had so few relationships comparitively, but the fact that you committed to them so strongly may be something that he is unable to do so he sees you in that sense stronger. In other words: Sibling Rivalry.

It basically boils down to are you going to be the bigger person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.