Kingdom Hearts II Why is this game so popular? O_O

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Shikou, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I find it odd how so many people played this before KH1. Just saying. Im one of those people too so dont get me wrong. :P

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I don't get it either. The first Kingdom Hearts had way more exposure (Young as I was, I can still vividly recall the commercials that ran non-stop), it was an all-around better game, and a lot of people who played the first and then the second went on to down-rate the second. The only reason I can imagine that so many people started on the second is that the gameplay looks a lot flashier. I guess people are easily fooled. Could also be that the hype surrounding a KH sequel attracted greater first-day sales; that would be the sweet spot where all the newbies are hearing about this great new release from the veterans, who haven't yet had time to sit down with it and come to the conclusion that it's not as spectacular as they wanted to believe.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I would say that is a pretty major reason, yeah.

I've never quite understood the people that jump in on the middle of a series simply because I hate doing it myself, but Kingdom Hearts isn't the only title that gets this treatment--for example, the guy I purchased my PS3 from tossed in the first Assassin's Creed game. I told people that I knew enjoyed the series and they basically said that the second game was way better and that, if I found the first hard to get into, I should give the second a try. Now I don't know exactly if that would have a huge effect on my understanding of the overall story, but that may be the case for more casual Kingdom Hearts fans (i.e. the ones who don't spend all their time on Kingdom Hearts fansites). I would have to say that I prefer Kingdom Hearts II's gameplay to the first's (not to say the first's was bad), so that may earn it points for the people looking for an enjoyable game and who don't pay much mind to story.

Additionally, Kingdom Hearts II gives you the small recap of Kingdom Hearts in the beginning, and while Chain of Memories is important, the fact that Sora doesn't remember anything that happened makes it easier to skip over (though it does offer some major understandings of Nobodies, the Organization, and Riku, imo).

4. Yozora Archer

I hated KH1 to be honest. The game was a bit hard for me in my younger years, and I pretty much gave up once I had to fight against that chameleon heartless in Tarzan's world. So yeah, don't like the first game.

Buuut once the commercials for KH2 came up I was like "HOLY SHIET MOM GET THE CAR" cause the graphics looked beautiful and there was all the flashy stuff like Farzo said.

5. Misty gimme kiss

... I think you should maybe give it another try. I played it when it first came out, so I was around 7 years old, and I got stuck a lot and abandoned the game for a while, naturally. I returned it to a year or two later, though, and had little trouble with it (except Chernaborg hnnnf). I don't think it's a terribly difficult game simply because if you're ever having trouble in it you can just levelgrind a little.
    I don't think Kingdom Hearts II looks that significantly better than Kingdom Hearts, actually, but personal opinion & all.

6. VenVen Merlin's Housekeeper

Probably because of the better features..