Will we get out of this

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by 007, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

will we get out of this economic downturn
    It definitely won't help if the American auto Industries go down
    It's because of OPEC back in the 70'sin a way:
    OPEC crisis demands fuel efficient cars> Japanese auto makers prove themselves>----20 years or so--->new gas crisis> people start buying Japanese cars again> takes sales away from American car makers> they plummet toward bankruptcy

2. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Oh yeah,I heard.I really hope we get out of this fix.

3. kingdomheartz Merlin's Housekeeper

We will get out of the recession.It was bound to happen.The US has a surplus of money throughout the 90's.The slump is a cycle it will happen again around 80 or 100 years from now.They are trying to get the economy back on its feet by june 2009

4. Repliku Chaser

This isn't really a holiday or forum event so I will go ahead and move it so it to the Debate area.

5. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

It was bound to happen sometimes, we'll get out of it. But I may just be being optimistic here.

6. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

At the rate America's going- no.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

The system actually creates bankruptcy. It's inescapable. That's the entire purpose of the Fractional Reserve practice, and likewise, the entire monetary based economy.

So, we can get out of it, if the bankers wanted to. But they are too interested in profit. And helping the country doesn't fall in line with profit a lot of the time.

8. Death Heart Destiny Islands Resident

If we do, i'll be impressed because the US had a bunch of debts to pay off

9. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

I really hope we do. My dad said it should happen eventually.

10. libregkd -

11. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Well... The auto makers got their bailout so at least they're getting help. What I wonder is how are they able to just print all this money when we are losing it so rapidly. Isn't our money only as good as the assets behind it? If so, wouldn't bailing these companies out be harmful to this falling economy? There is something very strange with this picture to me.

12. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

i believe we will get out of it... but it will take a few years

13. Sara Tea Drinker

We're going to get out of it, it'll just take time. It is going to get worse before getting better, we're just too deep to have it otherwise with everything going amuck the last two decades with credit cards, loans and other things to the point where banks refuse to give out loans, which is one of the major points of any economy, is credit.

But I see it balancing out over time, it just needs more regulation and more work for it to totally smooth out.

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well the depression isn't yet at the forefront. We're close, but still in a recession.

And it will get worse, obviously. We will get out of it, but it's going to change more than just the country.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

is it really that bad? i didn't notice anything except a few stores going out of business. i was still able to get loans for college, my interest rates remain unchanged, and there's no inflation.

16. Inasuma "pumpkin"

lol Evilman there's always inflation. XD I guess just not enough to be noticeable.

But I actually agree. It doesn't seem that bad. I got loans for college too and everything. -shrugs-

17. childofturin Why?

I personally think it might be good for America if some of the moneygrubbing megacorporations fail (*cough*Google*cough*, even though it's not likely). It might drive us back to smaller, more people-friendly businesses again. Sure there will be a period of discomfort and hardship, but I tihnk we might turn out better for it.

18. Dark Link Banned

It is because of the regulation of the auto industry by the federal government. the auto industry cannot operate because of the regulation.

19. Dark Link Banned

yeah true especialy scince the US is the largest economy in the world

20. Jayn

Yeah, we'll get out of it.

There's nothing else really to be said in my opinion. xD I just think it's bound to happen someday.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.