Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Railos, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Windows 10 is coming out soon, and it's actually going to be a free upgrade. I'm actually a bit excited about this, and I just reserved my free upgrade. The program said that I have some devices that might not work though. The devices are the terminal server keyboard driver, and the terminal server mouse driver. Are these thing important ti use my laptop, or should I just not care so much about it?

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't plan on doing this and the icon is just annoying me. Is there any way to get rid of it?

3. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I'm also excited for it. I had already made my reservation and I'm looking forward to it. Mainly because I really want to restart things in my computer from the zero again. Looks like it's going to be released on July 29th or so, but maybe it'll take a while for it to be avaliable in every computer that had made the reservation.

When and how did it say some devices might not work? Just wondering because when I reserved mine it didn't say anything.
    I might be wrong, but I wouldn't be too worried about it because "might" might not as well as be a good possibility. At any rate, I'm sorry for not being able to help much. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the subject will show up and provide more help.

1. Click in the arrow pointing up next to the icon.
    2. Click "Customize". [x]
    3. Change the icon's behavior to "hide icon notifications".
    4. Click "OK".

You can also manually go there by accessing Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Notification Area Icons.
    I believe that icon will vanish once Windows 10 is released. Before that I don't think you can get rid of it completely, but I suppose have it hidden might satisfy you.

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I got the message right after I made the reservation. It was under Check Your PC in the menu of the Windows 10 icon.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Anytime you upgrade an OS, you run the risk of incompatible hardware. It could mean that the hardware itself will not be compatible and you're just poop out of luck or it could mean that you'd need to wait on the manufacturer to update their drivers for compatibility.

Honestly, I don't like where Microsoft is going. I had Windows 8 on my laptop but I downgraded at the first sign of lag. Windows 7 has been my favorite since 2009 and it'll stay my favorite until Microsoft quits making updates for it ... maybe even a few years after that. I wouldn't want ten even if it is free ... though I'd take an installation disc, for worse case scenarios. I don't want to sound stubborn but all the new software, even next gen consoles, they're just not appealing to me. I guess I'm just old.

Anyway, you should consult a Microsoft official either via phone call or email ... do they have IM? Whatever. Get ahold of them and ask them about what you're running into. They'll tell you whether or not you should be worried. They should be releasing a compatibility check, if they haven't already, which would tell you if your system was capable of running the OS or not.

Hope this helped,

-Nights