Support WinRar

Discussion in 'Technology' started by PaulSykes, Dec 16, 2015.

1. PaulSykes Moogle Assistant

When trying to extract files from RAR archive, I come across error message stating “Unexpected end of archive”. What’s wrong? How to extract them?

2. Karuta Reborn

Most likely a corrupt or incomplete file. Have you tried redownloading it?

3. Patman Bof

Winrar files can be truncated in several parts, I' ve often done it myself when the files were too big for my USB drive.
    Trying to unzip one of the chunks without gathering all the others in the same place resulted in that kind of message.
    If you' re absolutely sure you don' t miss any parts then yeah, the file is probably corrupt.

4. hippolytebattier Moogle Assistant

Given below are the steps which might help you in recovering some files from your corrupted RAR archive:
    • Download RAR Fix Toolbox software and install the software to your computer desktop/laptop
    https://www.fixtoolbox.com/rarfix.html

• Launch the repair application and stick to the procedure
    • Hit the “Browse” button to choose the RAR file which is to be repaired
    • Initialize the repair process by clicking on “Repair” button
    • The program starts the repair process
    • Monitor the repair process via progress bar
    • After finishing the repair process, the tool displays all the files and folders from the RAR file
    • Click on “Next” button
    • Finally, save the repaired files to your desired destination location by making use of “Save” option’

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

On a semi unrelated note, why not just use 7zip? Not that I ever ran into many problems with winrar, but 7zip has never had any issues for me.