Worst Move Ever

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Iskandar, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Never thought I'd post in here again.

Anyways, turns out that we're moving to a much smaller house in North Carolina, so small in fact it's only 3 rooms(my mom was an idiot for not getting an extra, what with how often my grandma visits and I'm sure my brother will visit from his Airforce Base), and now apparently she's trying to sell everything. And I mean practically everything, she's looking at selling the chairs, and tv, which means I won't be able to ever play the PS2 again until I either get myself a TV or something else, as well as some other stuff. I mean seriously, she's trying to get rid of these things this weekend, and we don't even move till the end of this semester.

What am I supposed to do about this? I'm basically losing everything I do when I'm not at school, I can't play PS2, I can't watch movies, the only thing I'll have is my DS with games I've played more than 10 times and memorized by heart, and nothing else to do. This is turning into the crappiest move out of the 8 times I've moved in 17 years.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Well, if you're moving to a smaller space and your mom is trying to sell things I'm guessing that the move was for money reasons. So you can't really fault your mom, and it's a bit selfish to get upset about it. Unfortunately you've got to make some sacrifices sometimes.

If you're really going to miss your TV, you could try hooking up your consoles to your computer monitor (if it has an HDMI input and the console can output to HD), emulate games on your PC, hook your consoles up to your computer by a TV tuner, etc. All of these are explorable options. And if that doesn't quite work for you, look for a job and save some money for a television of your own.

I'm sure your mom isn't doing this just to make your life harder, and I'm sure she's not happy losing this stuff either.

3. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

You should seriously take a reality-check here. Misty pointed out money. I think it's most definitely for that. Instead of complaining about losing your PS2, etc. You should rather get a job. You can come up with excuses, but the way I know I could afford all of my things back home (and at college, for that matter) is by working for it.

So you can complain all you want, but in the end it comes down to you. By the time I was 17, I was working at least 30% buying my own consoles, PC parts, Car, etc.
    It's very possible that you won't get a job where you live right now, as you'll be moving, but sheesh - I've lived without a TV now for well 8 months, and I'm doing fine. All you need are some cords to hook up everything, which Misty already explained.

This may seem rude, which is not the intention, but complaining that your mother is selling stuff so that you can't play your PS2 is just immature to be honest, and it will get you nowhere. You've gotta work for it, you know?

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

it is partially for money, which is the reason for the smaller house, but I really don't see what's going on with buying a house with three rooms. I mean, what if someone came to visit? Just because I'll be gone a year for service doesn't mean she shouldn't just forget about everyone else who comes to visit.
    This is where a job needs to come in. Although I've basically given up on thinking I'll get one here. I can barely get interviews and even when I do, it doesn't make much difference since I still don't get the job. Yes it's partly me being selfish, but I know that she's not thinking clearly either. And I'm not just saying that, she freaks out easily over a lot of things and doesn't do anything logically

5. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

Coming from someone who's had to move many times BECAUSE of financial reasons, it doesn't really matter if it's not "big" enough for people to come stay because I live in a one bedroom apartment that I share with my mom and we sometimes let my sister and her 2 kids stay over for a night or two and it is no big deal. A house with 3 rooms?! I'd kill for just a house with two bedrooms and a bath...I've never even had a house to live in since I was a baby, all we've lived in are apartments. You should be grateful you have a roof over your head, food, clothes, and a family. :)

6. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, that's bad but I can understand how you're feeling.

So, as everyone said, you could explore more your options, isn't the end of the world, if your mom is buying a smaller house with just 3 rooms it means that she can't buy more because it won't be necessary. If someone come to visit, they will want to visit you and not visit the house, they will even care about where you are as long as you can be happy. I already heard about how hard is get a job and keep it, but if you're needing it or wanting, you will have to give it a try.

Well, you have us! :lolface:

And many others things, you can be happy with what you have, right? Don't fault your mom, I understand how you're feeling, but if this is a thing you need to do then do and do well. We need to accept fact to face the future, more importantly, we need to be happy. When I was even born, my parents and my brother lived in a apartment really small, two bedrooms and we're 5 persons. When I born, we needed to move to a bigger house, now my house is 4 rooms, 2 baths, 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, and my bedroom has 2 beds. I'm very grateful for that, if I wasn't in my school, for example, I wouldn't be who I am now, I wouldn't met my bests friends and never met you guys. When I was young, my brother never let me even touch in his PS1, Mega Drive III or Nintendo. Then when I was 7 he let me play, just 1 hour per day. Then my parents bought the computer. When I was 9, my brother brought PS2, didn't let me play until I was 10, just 1 hour per day and weekend 2 hours. When I was 11, two years ago, I started to play and go to the computer as much as I want or sometime my mom yell at me to get out but... I can't complain.

I have grow up without computer and video games, just watching my brother playing 24 hours per day and I was thinking "Why I can't? Why do everyone have and I don't?" when I asked for a PS1, nobody never gave me because my brother had it, but he didn't let me play :B|:. I never had such a thing, two years ago my parents brought my first cell phone, I'm with it until now, it just can call and receive call. Send message and receive. Then last year my father brought me a laptop. It's hard when I was a kid to everyone has something like a MP6 or PS2 and I don't, just watching my brother having them, my PSP that I will buy in a few months will be my first video game. I am very very grateful for at least can use those things, I may not have them but I can use them.

This is just my example, you can be happy without a lot of things, just think about what's more important. Try to hang out with your friends if you don't have anything to do at home. Just don't forget that your mom isn't going to make your life worse, all she's doing is trying to have enough money for your hygiene, health, food and those things, so don't fault her. You still can be happy with what you have, there are things that you will never lose like the love the persons have for you and the bonds you have made with everyone. Looking forward and moving forward, smiling.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Three rooms is a lot! I live with my two sisters and my mom, and it's a pain having to share, but it could be worse. Secondly, do you really have company all that often? When we have people over usually just one of us temporarily stays in my mom's room, or someone crashes on the couch. It's not that bad. It might be the only house available in your price range, and it's not like you'll be living in complete squalor. Not every house needs a guest room. And if you're going to be going away soon, you can't expect your parents to constantly have a room open just for you. It's just not practical.

If you're having trouble getting a job, let us know where it tends to go sour--maybe we can help. =]