Wraith- By: Me!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mathias Jay, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Okay, I'm starting on a book and I wanted to know if you guys liked it so far. Because I don't. Anyway, it's not really far yet, but here's the basic story. Or, crappy start that has nothing to do with the story but tell you about their lives for a whole chapter.

WRAITH

BY: M. R. Fortner

Chapter 1

MONDAY

The sunlight shone on Markus’ face as he awoke for school on Monday. He sat up and looked out the window. “Monday… Four more days until Saturday.†He mumbled and got dressed.
    Markus is a 15-year-old boy with brown hair and blond highlights. He had blue eyes, and a scar right under his eye. It was there from an attack from a burglar robbing his house. He was wearing a long sleeved red shirt and dark blue jeans.
    As he walked out the door he saw his friend, Sinn, walking toward his house. Sinn was 16-year-old boy with black spiky hair and green eyes. He was wearing a black shirt and dark blue jeans, like Markus.
    Sinn walked toward Markus smiled.
    “Not much of a morning person, huh?†He said smiling.
    Markus hit him in the arm and grinned. “Nope, not at all.â€
    Sinn and Markus walked side by side to school. They had almost every class together: Reading, Band (which they hated the most), Science (neither of them are good at), Lunch (kinda like recess), Tennis (their favorite class of all), Geography (easiest and most boring), Markus: English- Sinn: Math, Markus: Math- Sinn: English. Their 6th and 7th classes are switched. Before going to class they had to wait until 8:30 outside the school (no matter how cold).
    They sat on a bench outside. At that very moment, Sinn’s girlfriend, Paden, appeared out of nowhere. Paden had brown hair, brown eyes, she was short, had a darkish brown kind of skin, and mostly wore purple clothes.
    She had an annoyed face. “Where have you been?!†She yelled. “I’ve been waiting for you for five minutes!†She looked at Markus, “MOVE!†She yelled at him and he just sat there, annoyed and glaring at her.
    “What ever happened to respecting your elders?†Markus asked, smirking. “You’re not older than me!†Yelled Paden. Markus began to grin even more. “I know. I just like annoying you.†He explained.
    At that, Paden stormed off, saying what sounded like swearing.
    “Dude, Sinn, when are you going to break up with her? She’s such a-a-a… such a BRAT!†Markus yelled trying not to swear. “I don’t know! But it will be soon if she keeps this up!†Sinn explained.
    After a while the bell rang and they went into the high school building. They got through Reading, tired and bored then headed off to the elementary area to go to band.
    On the way to band they discussed how Sinn would break up with Paden. “Maybe you could just go up to her with an annoyed look on your face and yell in her face: ‘IT’S OVER!’ like a girl!†Suggested Markus, grinning wildly. “NO! I’ll just tell her that… I don’t like her anymore.†Sinn suggested. “HA! And risk getting your but kicked? I’d think you were stupid for doing that!†Markus laughed. Their discussion went on the rest of the way to band, and the whole way back with Markus suggesting stupid ways for Sinn to break up with Paden.
    In Science they got to read AR, but normally Markus and Sinn just draw. Sinn drew a picture of a character he created for one of his favorite Anime shows while Markus drew a picture of Sinn breaking up with Paden and Paden biting Sinn’s head off.
    After they finished drawing they headed off to lunch to eat. “GOD! I’m starving!†Sinn yelled. “Well, let’s get in line for lunch.†Suggested Markus.
    The whole time they ate Markus stared at a certain girl he liked, the hottest girl in his grade. Stormy, she was 15-years-old, like Markus, she had long brown hair, blue eyes, and she was a little smaller that Markus, she usually wore a sweatshirt that said ‘Storm Kat’ on the back. He’d been looking forward to asking her out, but never got the chance.
    On his way down the hill from the lunchroom Stormy, the girl he had been staring at the whole time, came up to him. She tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around and saw Stormy standing there, smiling. In shock, he stood there, and barely was able to say, “Hi.â€
    “Hi, my name’s Stormy… um…. I was wondering… if you wanted…. You know…. If you wanted to…. Um…. Go out with me….?†Stormy said, rubbing her arm and her face turning scarlet. Markus looked at her, red in the face, eyes as wide as can be, and said in a very cheerful voice, “Uh, Yeah! Of course! Absolutely!â€
    His face still red, heart beating fast, Markus walked down the hill smiling explaining what just happened to Sinn for he had just broken up with Paden and missed the whole thing.
    “Wow. I never thought she would actually ask you out.†Sinn said while they got their stuff for tennis.
    “Thanks a lot!†Markus yelled, and he waked Sinn with his racket.
    Tennis was horrible for Markus. He was so shaky from Stormy asking him out he could barely hold his racket when he swung it.
    “Dang! I’m too shaky!†Markus yelled when they were changing to go to their next class.
    On their way to the high school building Markus caught up with Stormy.
    “Hey Stormy, what are you doing?†Markus asked walking beside her.
    “Heading back to class. You?†Stormy said. “The same.†“I kinda figured that.†Stormy said laughing.
    A couple of her friends called Stormy over and she turned to Markus. “Sorry, I got to go. I’ll see you later, after school, Okay?†She asked. “Yeah, Okay.†Markus replied. She took one step and turned around and gave Markus a kiss on the cheek. “T-t-thank you.†Markus stuttered as Stormy ran off.
    When Sinn caught up with Markus he asked why he was so red. “Uh… Stormy, she just… kissed me!†Markus said.
    They got to the high school and put their stuff away to go to Geography.
    “In Geography we’re AR reading.†A girl told Sinn as him and Markus headed down the hall to their Geography class.
    They got through Geography in quite a hurry, and then as the bell rang they shot out the door.
    “Two more classes…†Markus muttered to himself and he walked into English as Sinn walked into Math.

That was it. They had finally gotten through the day and they were walking with Stormy on the way to Markus’ house. They were in a deep discussion on how ironic it was that they three were all somehow, Science partners.
    “It is really ironic.†Said Markus. “Yeah, but maybe Mr. Slicknock heard us talking about you and Stormy dating and decided to put us all in a group.†Suggested Sinn. “What about you, Stormy?†Markus asked Stormy, for she had been quiet the whole time, red in the face.
    “Huh? Oh, yeah, it is really ironic, but it is possible that he did hear you two, um…. How much did you talk about it?†Stormy asked the two boys.
    “Actually, quite a bit.†Said Sinn, Markus elbowing him.
    They eventually reached Markus’ house and they had pizza in the oven. Busy working on their homework, Markus quickly turned on some music because the room was too quiet.
    “I LOVE THIS SONG!†Stormy squealed. He had turned on ‘White and Nerdy’ from Weird Al Yancovic.
    “Really?†Markus said. “HA!†Sinn yelled, “This song is like Markus’ theme song!†“Yeah, well, I do listen to it a lot.†Markus said.
    After Sinn and Stormy left, Markus lie on the couch and almost fell asleep. He couldn’t help but keep thinking to himself: ‘I’m dating Stormy… one of the most popular girls in school… this is such a dream… it’s a set up… but, what if it isn’t…?’ Then at that he sat up. He ran over to the phone andialed Sinn’s number. He heard Sinn’s voice answer ‘Hello?’
    “Sinn?â€
    ‘Yes.’
    “Is this all a ser up?â€
    ‘Is what a set up?’
    “Me dating Stormy, is it a set up you made?â€
    ‘I’m afraid not, but it would make a great prank! Thanks Markus!’ And with that, Sinn hung up.
    Markus lay on his bed, a few hours after he called Sinn, looking up at the ceiling. ‘This obviously isn’t a dream…’ He thought and he fell asleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.