Dream Drop Distance X-treme Flowmotion, Helpful Fast Paced Attacks or Just a Waste of Time

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Eric Luna, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Flowmotion is great or not. Whatever your opinion is, flowmotion provide both a faster way to travel and a pretty good way to attack very quickly. I myself am a very good flowmotion spammer. I just spam one after the other after the other. I hardly take damage. But enough about me; what do you think about flowmotion? Any favorites out there? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Any of them you don't like? Any difference in opinions about Sora and Riku styles and looks? Please discuss this, I'm all ears.

2. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

So, you want posts? :p Me too.

EDIT: Okay, I was joking about this at first. Try not to overdo it, hmm? Try to wait at least two posts between posting for some decorum, and say something that adds something to the conversation.

Flowmotion was great for me. As someone who likes to explore every reach of the map, Flowmotion kicks off the wall let me get close to places that would be impossible to reach in other KH games. The details were fantastic, especially for a handheld game. Outside of exploring, I barely used Flowmotion because it was so weak. Once I got a hang of it, after I beat the game, I travel using it quite a bit to save on time.

tl;dr, I was an old flunky who prefered walkin' to yer high fallootin' Magic jumpin'. Then I found out how to use it. Now it's fun.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

That's great! Flowmotion is very good with travel. I sometimes jump everytime I hit a wall because you can get some distance before you move again with flowmotion.[​IMG]

4. 61 No. B

Two years later and I'm still not tired of it. My only complaint with the system is that there are no new motions to unlock. Not that it needs more, even starting out with just one and unlocking what's already there as you progress would be fine.

5. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

I understand. They should have had it where you earn more or at least that the original ones are locked and only unlocked by levels or something like that. It's just sad and depressing.

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm not sure if it was based on difficulty, but Flowmotion was; in my opinion, the best form of dealing damage to the nightmares. Normal combos did little when faced against waves of enemies, and the deck commands only helped so much before I realized I could still get hit because #EnemiesResistStun <---same goes for normal combos.

In the end, Flowmotion was a convenient way to move are the battle field while at the same time staying on the offensive. The shock-wave and screwdiver flowmotion attack was so OP when it came to crowd control.

7. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

I'm playing the game on Proud mode and I've had a lot of close calls where flowmotion saved me. It's way too OP for Kingdom Hearts but good for the players who knows how to master the power.

8. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, it would be cool if there different ones you could unlock different attacks for each different type. Like if you could swap out different Wall Flowmotion attacks for your own style.

9. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I've always loved it since it is an interesting way to travel.

I just wish that you can get to choose between different flowmotion styles. Like one mostly for fast movement/evasion and one mostly for attacking.

10. kingdomhearts123 Traverse Town Homebody

I kept dying on a nightmare and after probably an hour after getting frustrated I used Flowmotion the whole time. So I find it useful and fun, so easy to get places with it.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I wasn't a fan of it in battle, though I can't really explain why. Just didn't feel satisfying I guess. I did like it as a form of transportation, though it was disappointing to find that the vast majority of platforming puzzles could be bypassed by jumping up a wall.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

In battle the attacks are fine, but too many a time I've found myself trying to Dodge Roll while scrolling through my commands for a Cure spell, only to accidentally go into Flowmotion, and then be killed while still in the Flowmotion attack. So I'm not a huge fan of that part. Otherwise, I think it's great, and can't wait to see how it'll be expanded on in KHIII.

13. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

i found more of a hindrance than anything
    i try to attack with it only to find myself zipping away from the fight
    i also didnt like that i had to use it to get to certain areas