Xbox 360 Elite: RROD (Returned from Microsoft, Labeled "TAMPERED")

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Shadow, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Banned

I have no clue what the hell to do, I thought Elites weren't supposed to get RROD anyway.

Me and my friend opened it up seeing that there was nothing to lose, we watched some things on youtube, and cleaned out the motherboard, after about 4 hours of work, we got it back together.

Still RROD.

So I said what the hell, and wrapped it up in some towels, left it for about half an hour.

Still RROD.

Wtf do I do, is it history?

2. SplitOverload Chaser

It's history dog. Well, I don't know how to fix it, so...I guess MS is the only way.

3. Arc Kingdom Keeper

thats actually misinformation sweetheart ^^

The Xbox 360 video game console is subject to a number of technical problems that can render it unusable. These problems are identified as "general hardware failures," and are indicated by three flashing red lights around the power button. Since its release in 2005, many articles have appeared in the media portraying the Xbox 360's relatively high failure rates. The three "flashing red lights" have been nicknamed in these articles, as well as by the general public, as the "Red Ring of Death" ("RROD") or as the "Red Light of Doom" ("RLOD").

Several video game blogs, newspapers, and magazines (Such as Wired, Kotaku, Joystiq, The Inquirer, GamePro, G4, and several others) reported on an interview by a Seattle PI Reader Blog "Digital Joystick" with a confidential source inside Microsoft by the name "xboxfounder". It reported that this source was a team leader and key architect in the creation of the Xbox and Xbox 360 and a founding member of the Xbox team and has since left the company but maintained close ties to the remaining Xbox team.

The interviews suggest that Xbox 360 units that fail early in their life fail due to problems in the system design, parts supply, material reliability, and manufacturing issues as well as a system not tolerant to faults. These issues were alleged to be the end results of the decisions of management in Microsoft's Xbox team and inadequate testing resources prior to the console's release. Other websites claim the insider's authenticity has been confirmed.

When a Microsoft Xbox 360 console experiences a "general hardware" failure or "Core Digital" failure, three flashing red lights appear around the power button, in lieu of the four green lights indicating normal operation.

the three largest retailers (EB Games, Gamestop and Best Buy) have reported a total figure of 30%-33% failure rate in ALL xbox 360s.

General Hardware Failure
    Some have confused General Hardware Failure with a similar looking error warning where four red lights appear, in which case the console does not detect an AV cable is plugged in.

In the USA (check your documentation for local support), if the Xbox 360 owner does indeed have three flashing red lights, it is recommended that the owner calls the local Xbox support line (1-800-4MYXBOX in the US) as quickly as possible. Upon doing so, a technician will gather the information required to send the consumer a shipping box with included instructions, packaging supplies, and sealing tape within a period of 3-5 days. The owner then packs his console and ships it via a courier with the prepaid waybill. Within a period of 10-15 days, the repaired or refurbished 360 will be shipped back to the owner, sometimes in less than two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.