Birth by Sleep Xehanort can use corridors of darkness safely without the black coat?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Mar 10, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

In bbs Xehanort uses corridors of darkness different times without the black coat, so we can assume that he can safely use them?

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I think it's safe to assume he could do that because of his power over darkness. He probably has enough power over darkness, that he doesn't need a black coat. Another possibility is that his clothes are made of the same material as black coats are.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to Birth by Sleep because this thread focuses more on that game. Any questions feel free to message me.

Well his costume is very similar to Ansem SoD so perhaps it's not specific to the black coat. Although, where does it say exactly that the black coat is what protects the organisation from the darkness while using the dark corridors- I have completely forgotten XD

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Couldn't find where it was directly stated, but the wiki said this
    Turns out Master Xehanort has a coat of his own.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Coat

5. A Zebra Chaser

Xehanort didn't use it safely. His dark skin is the result of using them

6. Oblivion Keeper Banned

Wait so having a black coat allowed safe passage with the corridors of darkness?

7. Antidote Façade

Yes. I mean it's not as if they wore it as a fashion statement or anything.

It also explains why Riku and Mickey had them- not to disguise themselves as Org. members, simply because they were inside and passing through the dark realms so often.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

But didn't hear wear one at the start of Ventus' story in BBS and wear a cloak at the same time?

9. A Zebra Chaser

Yes, Xehanort, at least as far as we know, created the cloaks. It would seem that they were based on the armour keyblade wielders use, but Xehanort does use dark corridors without protection, both during BBS and during the past (they mention how he forgoes his armour as an apprentice in the reports in BBS)

10. Jin うごかないで

Well there never was anything stating that something bad would happen if you went through one without a black coat Kairi did it twice. Roxas did it once and I'm sure Sora did as well at one point along with everyone at the end of KH 2 who escaped before the huge ship appeared.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well there are 3 main momments to bring up here.

In KH1 Maleficent scolds Riku for using one to leave Monstro instead of using a ship.
    DiZ says when giving Riku the coat in Chain of Memories. (I need to double check this quote later since the wording seems off from what I remember, but that game does have an odd script and I know this scene exists)
    And Xehanort talks about removing his armor in a Report..
    So there are known dangers, but they aren't immediate enough to be concerns with limited use. And Xehanort doesn't protect himself because he believes he can control it. My best guess for why he has one in the Ven scene is that he either wants to remain anonymous if anyone saw him, or he wanted to protect Ven in case he turned out not to be a lost cause.

12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

His eyes were yellow a trade mark from those consumed by darkness, so probably he wasn't immune to it, even though at some point his heart became "pure darkness"
    without light in it (maybe he splited just like ven?)
    He says he splits his heart in 13 dark hearts to balance the 7 of pure light.. by using logic his heart now should be pure darkness.. or maybe because it is not pure he needs more dark hearts than light ones? Though a pure dark heart should be as rare as a pure light one.

Ps.: another cool thing, is because they stated that nobodies grew a heart, that explains why they need black coats to protect themselves against darkness if it only erodes hearts.

13. A Zebra Chaser

The yellow eyes thing was a fan theory, originally people thought all these characters who shared traits with Xehanort (silver hair, yellow eyes, pointy ears) was because of exposure to darkness, but it's actually a trait of being possessed by Xehanort

14. Jin うごかないで

Ah. I see. Well Xehanort for the most part seems to be a master over darkness in the first place so I don't even think the darkness would affect him even using a COD multiple times.