Birth by Sleep Xehanort's Status as Key Bearer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ars Nova, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I looked around for this and didn't find it. I think this has been touched on in other threads, but not outright answered. If it has, disregard/lock/etc.

Why exactly is it that neither Terranort nor Xemnas can use the Keyblade? It would make sense that they could, if not for Xehanort's ability, than for Terra's. Did opening his heart to darkness weaken it or something?

2. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Either he forgot how to use one, or when he stabbed himself with his keyblade it blocked the ability. A person can't use the keyblade if they don't remember using it. Take Roxas at the start of KH2 for example, until he had his awakening again, he wasn't able to summon the keyblade. Xemnas seems to only have a faction of the memories of Terra and Master Xehanort. And either way, it's safe to assume that one needs a heart to have an awakening. Something Xemnas lacks.

3. Shift Chaser

Terra locked his heart and MX's away as his last act in his fight with you-know-who.
    That ended up creating like, another being, a fusion of both, with no memories at all, therefore not knowing about his potential of wielding the Keyblade.
    And like Willian said, no memories = no Key, so Xemnas coulnd't use the key because his only memories were that of Terranort(with a few of Terra probably, but not many for sure), and he couln't use the Key.

4. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Does Riku/"Ansem" wielding the Keyblade to People's Hearts count for anything?

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

This mostly makes sense. The only thing I'm not sure about is the necessity of Destati. In Days, Roxas doesn't need this to summon his Keyblade, and it's obvious that his memories of Sora are incomplete, if not nonexistent at the outset. In that case, how does he figure out how to do it? I can only assume that he does retain that memory from Sora, or that he learns/remembers during the first seven days in the Organization, but this seems too ambiguous for me.

There's also the fact that you say Xemnas can't undergo Destati because he lacks a heart. Didn't Roxas lack one as well?

This seems even more ambiguous than the above. How exactly did you come to this conclusion?

I would think that Rikunort was using Riku's heart to summon the Keyblade.

Xemnas would not have thought like that. His drive to complete Kingdom Hearts would have caused him to subscribe to the Keyblade, had he the power to use it. It's also obvious by the Organization's reactions to Roxas that he is the first Keyblade wielder to join their ranks.

6. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Well he knew how to create it, just like Master Xehanort. But that might have more to do with Xehanort the apprentices locked memories. It has all the abilities as a real keyblade, but it's artificial.
    Well in 358/2 days, the game starts on Roxas' day number 6. He could have underwent one during his birth or on one of those 5 days. And if you think about it, during his awakening in KH2 the stairs were already there as if someone had already come through there before. When Sora had his everything slowly opened up to him.
    Roxas might have had a connection with Sora's/Ven's heart. As they existed at the same time. In a sense they could've shared one.
    Xemnas wanted a Kingdom Hearts. He needed a keyblade for this goal. If Xemnas had a keyblade he would've used it.
    The way he talked the keyblade and about finding the keyblade indicates he doesn't have one.

The keyblade doesn't care about if a person uses darkness or light. Or even if they're good or evil. This furthers the belief that darkness doesn't always mean evil and Light isn't always good.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

This is what I was thinking, but... I dunno, it seems too ambiguous. I guess it was just supposed to be assumed that by Day 6 he'd already figured it out.

Again, what I figured, but again, very ambiguous. I suppose that was Nomura's intent.

8. jet588 Traverse Town Homebody

Uhm... what about Kiari? I've heard that in BBS, her frilly looking flower blade is shown being given to Aqua.

Since it is considered a keyblade, and it was never discovered that Kiari had an "official" awakening, why can she have a keyblade, even for a few minutes?

On another note, has it been determined when Riku's awakening was?

9. renteka-bond Traverse Town Homebody

Just like When
    Terra let Riku hold his keyblade for a while and it didn't disappear
    I thin that as long as the user doesn't call it back, it can stay with the other person. Note that Kairi never called the keyblade again after that.

I think his awakening may have happened during the transit from DI to HB in the First Game.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Kairi has a strong heart, thus can hold a Keyblade. She is not a Key Bearer; but she can wield one if given it.

I also remembered between my first few posts and this one that it was determined in an ongoing discussion (I believe it was in a stickied topic, but I forget which one) that Destati is exclusive to Sora, Ven, and Roxas. So Riku never had one; nor, presumably, did any other Key Bearer.