Kingdom Hearts Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is one of the best bosses in the series

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Haeralis The Brave, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Haeralis The Brave Merlin's Housekeeper

I just can't believe how much effort went into doing this battle. It just ties into the storyline so well. It seems less like an optional boss, and more like a story boss. Just think about it for a minute:

The princesses before the battle introduce Sora to the concept of Nothingness as the third power in the KHverse, opposed to both light and dark.

It was Sora's first encounter with the Organization - his first time meeting a Nobody, which would eventually lead to everything that happened in CoM and KH2.

It was the first time his memories were sampled, which comes into play in Days.

It set into motion... pretty much everything about Castle Oblivion, really, save Namine's birth there.

Xemnas also reveals so many things in his little chat with Sora, which we didn't know for sure about until KH2:
    -that Sora's special, and that his present state is that of an incomplete being.
    -that he, Xemnas, had spent some time being known as "Ansem."
    -that Sora looks like his Nobody.

And after the battle, he even makes remarks that take on a whole new meaning after playing Days.

I just love how this fight ties into almost everything that we've done in the series. Does anyone else agree? The difficulty is also very hard, and it took me until I got the One-Winged Angel Keyblade to beat the guy. Even still, I made sure to reset so that I could refight him any time that I wanted.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Yeah i agree with you on that! I don't have KHFM, but i have seen gameplay of that battle! Very intense, especially when Xemnas shoots a lot of red ethernal blades, that's just intense...

But if you think about it, it also ties well with the Mysterious Figure in the NA/EU releases and JP of BBS Final Mix. It's pretty much the same concept, the MF just came to "sample" the 3 keyblade wielders. and i don't think the Land of Departure was a random place to fight him, there most likely will be meaning behind that. (Castle Oblivion.) We may not know the story of the man behind this hood, but i am confident it will blow our minds. Unless Nomura's Trolling...

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

now that's interesting. I haven't played Final Mix, so I don't know, and how did you translate what Xemnas said to Sora before the fight?
    I also find it interesting that the princesses knew about Nothingness. If that's true, than wouldn't they have known something about the nobodies in the beginning?

4. Llave Superless Moderator

I honestly wouldn't know... maybe since their hearts are most pure, they are the most in "sync" with Kingdom Hearts. And they prolly sensed that Xemnas wanted to use it for his purposes, and that's prolly how they found out.. I honestly wouldn't know.

5. StardustXtreme Chaser

Well Sora is special as everyone he has met personally or spiritually sicne he had

Birth by Sleep
    Ventus meets Lea, Axel's Original State.
    Shared his heart with Ventus despite not seeing him.
    Saw Terra when Riku was given the Inheritance test.
    Met Aqua and if Riku didn't inherit the Keyblade from Terra, Sora would of been chosen.

Kingdom Hearts
    Shared hearts with Kairi (Abeit unwillingly)
    Riku is his rival/best friend
    Donald and Goofy are companions and whenever he eneters a new world, the third member befriends Sora as well it's inhabitants.
    King Mickey despite only seeing him once at Kingdom Hearts.
    Sora creates Roxas and Namine after releasing his and Kairi's hearts.

KH: CoM
    Namine meets Sora for the first time despite not being Sora's Nobody.
    Axel (without saying) probably regconizes the similar styles of Sora, Roxas and maybe Ventus.

KH: Re:Coded
    Xion is born as a Sora Replica and without knowledge, absorbs Sora's memories through Roxas while namine attempts to fix Sora's memory chains.
    Xaldin sees Xion as Ventus.
    Ansem imparts the data of Terra, Aqua and Ven within Sora to bring them back from their fates as well as his own unknonwingly.

Kingdom Hearts II
    Roxas commicates with Kairi despite having never met her.
    Sora commuicates through Roxas in Twilight Town to talk with Kairi.
    Sora regains his memories of Castle Oblivion and Namine as it is hinted before Armoured Xenmas II battle in KH:2 FM
    Sora and Riku end up the World of Darkness and didn't encounter DiZ/Ansem or Aqua (KH: BBS FM)
    Sora opens the Door to the Light when everything seemed hopeless.

So really, Sora is the center of everything that occurs in the KH Universe, well in BBS, he didn't meet Xehanort or create the Unversed despite Vanitas looking exactly like KH2 Sora coupled with Riku's Dark Form.

The Xenmas Boss battles were creative yes but come on, it's the Final Boss, everything has be amazing.

6. Zexion King's Apprentice

Sora sure is important to everyone..
    don't forget, Ventus also met Organization XIII's Original.. He saved Ienzo from some unversed. and met Even, Vexen's Original.
    He also met Aeleus and Dilan. Lexaeus's and Dilan's Original.
    "Well, let's say I have a feeling we are destined to cross paths again." Even's Quotations.

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

I have to agree with this.

In terms of having the most canon revelence on the storyline (currently), Xemnas in KHFM was by far the best secret boss for he, as you said, alluded to important factors that shaped the future games (COM, KH2, Days, etc.)

However, in terms of best overall gameplay secret boss battle, I can't really say that Xemnas was the best. All of the secret bosses so far, LS and MF included, were (and are) incredibly challenging, and fun to face.

On the topic of the Princesses, I think it was their connection with KH too. They might have been able to tell it was in danger, and just who and somewhat what Xemnas was (which is probably due to Nomura not really having too much of an idea of what Nobodies really were by then?).

I didn't mean that FM! Xemnas wasn't fun to fight. I meant all three of them had their own quirks that makes them interesting to face. xD

8. Haeralis The Brave Merlin's Housekeeper

Have you actually fought Xemnas in Final Mix? He is very, very fun to fight. And though Lingering Sentiment is maybe a bit more fun, I can't say that about Mysterious Figure. In my opinion, Mysterious Figure is a poorly designed boss. The fight relies almost completely on luck and dodge spamming, and his one hit kills just make the fight not as enjoyable. No Heart is a much better boss, who is genuinely difficult without being cheap.

9. StardustXtreme Chaser

Well, KH Players wanted a boss that was very tough and near-impossible and Nomura delivered that for us in the form of Mysterious Figure, personally, we should get a Gold/Platinum Trophy for the effort despite getting the strongest Keyblade, No Name.

No Heart was interesting despite not having actually fought him since it's FM and figuring out what Moves or Items there are as but now Unlimit Crown si the strongest keyblade now.

KH2's fina boss had a different idea originally, it was suppose to be giant castle-like Nobody.

10. Haeralis The Brave Merlin's Housekeeper

I think it's more what you call "artificial difficulty" where the boss isn't hard, so much as just cheap and luck based, not genuinely difficult like say, Kingdom Hearts 1 Sephiroth.

So I've heard.

11. Llave Superless Moderator

Yeah that's true... He wasn't hard to deplete health, and he only had 4 life bars, but his constant moves and the cheap shots he would use just made things more annoying than difficult. (Especially when i went invisible near the end of the fight.) I think the same could be said for the Vanitas Segiment...

12. Misty gimme kiss

For those wondering what the Japanese text was saying before the battle:
    (from the KH Wiki)
    Translation:
    (from KHI)

I've always found it a quite interesting battle, it looks tough. I really wish we'd have gotten it in the NA release. =]

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The Xemnas battle was always fun to watch. Getting it in the NA release would've been nice, but this another reason why i'm hoping for the special tenth anniversary "surprise" to be KH and KHII remakes with all the FM content on one disc for PS3.

The translation is nice, as i've always wondered what Xemnas was saying.

14. Haeralis The Brave Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh yeah, and the version of "Disappeared" that plays during Final Mix is far superior to the Kingdom Hearts II version. Much more creepy, and menacing in my honest opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeXsYfmlZtU

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree with you on so many levels. He's one of the few secret bosses (Besides Terra's Lingering Will) who have impact on the storyline. and everthing you said makes sense as to why Xemnas said those things to Sora and company.

16. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

This can also be said for KH2FM. Terra's lingering will mentions the one he chose (Riku), Ven, Aqua and Xehanort. At that point it made no sense but then it ties up with BBS's plot. You could also say BBS did this (though minorly) with the Unknown who turned out to be Young Master Xehanort.