Kingdom Hearts II Xemnas stole that

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Dreadnought, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadnought Twilight Town Denizen

Have any of you people wondered why Xemnas has moves that have a striking resemblence to a starwars sith lord? He has to red swords that come out of his hands.
    Kinda looks like he's fighting with lightsabers. Or that lightning attack he did on
    kingdom hearts one final mix. Looks like the sith lightning attack. Can anybody
    else name some coincidental (yah right) moves that remind you of Star Wars?

2. Lunacy Divine Destiny Islands Resident

I've also seen Xemnas use a lot of techniques similar to the techniques in Naruto. The sphere he traps Sora in only to have Riku attempt to rescue him, for example, is much like the scenario when Zabuza traps Kakashi inside his water sphere. Furthermore, Xemnas has those clones, much like the Kage Bunshin techniques in Naruto.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

yeah i've heard the kingdom hearts coppied star wars thing. they both have black clokes.

4. Thir13en King's Apprentice

We knew that all after the first time playing it. Whatever. As long as there isn't a lawsuit.

5. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    Didn't you know? Xemnas is a VERY big fan of Darth Sidius and Darth Vader!(And Darth Maul, and...)

6. Repliku Chaser

Yeah, I think anyone that saw Star Wars noticed the similarities of Star Wars with the double lightsabers like Obi-Wan used in Ep1. He also did have a Sith thing going on with the red sabers. It was amusing that the difference is that the sabers were just extensions of his hands technically instead of being an actual handheld weapon. The similarity could be a fan thing because they've used Wedge and Biggs as characters that are reoccurring in the Final Fantasy games, so they may have asked permission.

[​IMG]

7. TheFerg Destiny Islands Resident

IMO, I think they got the idea from Star Wars, but tweaked it to become Xemnas.

8. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Gotta love Biggs and Wedge.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised George hasn't sued Square. He's normally pissy about that kind of stuff.

9. Star_Seeker King's Apprentice

Maybe they allowed it because if one of the villains in a popular video game looked or acted like something from somewhere else (Star Wars, Naruto), then that particular show/movie would become more popular too? :/

10. Repliku Chaser

They did ask permission and it was granted. George isn't a weeny about everything! *snickers*

[​IMG]

11. RoxasXIIIX Traverse Town Homebody

Myth: You shouldnt steal from Lucas
    Fact: KH is better than Star Wars which makes it ok

:D

Star wars - Org. XIII's fav movie. They watch one every friday.

12. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

As long as there's no "I am ur fathor" thing appearing in KH, I don't really mind. I noticed much more SW similliarities in FFXII though.

13. C This silence is mine

I noticed as well as anyone that has watched star wars ^^

It wouldn't be the same if he were figthing with swords :P

14. Ray11Hughes Merlin's Housekeeper

I've also noticed that the Dusks are kinda like droids not really but how about that move where all those yellow beams come shooting and sora and riku are like moving around hitting and dodging that is sum star wars crap right there

15. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    Wedge and Biggs from ff6 were used a lot in other ff games to be sure, I just don't know which ones. And, yeah, LucasArts would have caught Square Enix in a lawsuit for copyright of Lightsaber use unless Square Enix had asked permission.

16. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

I was gonna say that! You beat me to it!

17. KATACHI IS KING!! Hollow Bastion Committee

in your kitchen, eating all of your food XP
    well yeah. when i got KH2 about 2 years ago, that was the first thing i noticed about Xemnas. well its star wars so what can u do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.