Kingdom Hearts II Xemnas vanishing at the end...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ruchi_Kyuu, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruchi_Kyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

<- Possible Spoilers ->
    I posted this a long time ago, and I'm wondering if more people have noticed this;

When Xemnas disappears after being defeated, the animation is basically the same as when you defeat (Or Sora does in normal KH2 in a cutscene) Roxas. And, as you probably know, after that happened Roxas joined/went in/fused/became one with Sora.

If you see where I'm going with this, I think that Xemnas may have became one with his Original Self (Xehanort) which would mean that Xehanort is still alive somehow.

If that was Xemnas' only chance to survive, I wouldn't be surprised if he used it/had it, as his last resort. Even if it meant no longer having his own body, since Xehanort could become a Heartless again (probably, and if so, Xemnas could come into the world again).

That being said, if he indeed did become one with Xehanort, do we know he couldn't just take over the body? Sora and Roxas are the only other example of that happening (right, or am I forgetting something?) and since Roxas didn't have any reason to take over Sora, how do we know it couldn't happen?

This is merely my speculation and reasoning based on what I know and or remember about the series, so only post constructively please, don't bad-mouth me because you feel differently. XD

2. Repliku Chaser

Wow, I totally zoned. Okay...

Xemnas did disappear and the only way he could really go back to 'Xehanort' would be if Riku's ordeal didn't destroy the Heart of Xehanort after he dealt with the corruption and all. In KH2 he literally had no worries about it and just had the power and body of Xehanort. However, he was also 'cleansed' by the Kingdom Hearts exploding thing so maybe Xehanort's Heart was also purified and reanimated. Who knows.

3. Ruchi_Kyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Damn, I made a mistake. I completely forgot that Xehanort's Heartless did posess Riku.
    -facepalm-

But thank you for reminding me of that, because now that I think of it, that just makes it even more plausible.
    Since the explosion more or less purified Riku's heart, it's possible that in expelled as well as purified Xehanort's Heartless, making him a Human again.

4. P Banned

Yeah. Xemnas and Axel are Somebodies. Nomura said so.

When a heartless gets destroyed, the heart goes into a stasis until the nobody gets defeated, so they join back together. This is confirmed for Axel and Xemnas. If the nobody is killed first, we are unsure what happens to the heart. However, we know the nobodies fade.

5. Ruchi_Kyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Really? That sounds interesting.
    I guess when I posted that awhile ago it must've been before that interview (I posted it about 5-7 months after KH2 came out in America).

You don't happen to have a link to where he said that do you?

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

im comfused

7. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Whoa, I never knew that Xemnas and Axel were sombodies. *Smacks self*. So that means that Xemnas could return, right?. I'm kind of confusing myself.

8. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

If he does return, it won't be Xemnas, it'll be his somebody, Xehanort.

9. OblivionRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

very good theory except what I think is nobodies can only bind with their normal forms if their normal forms haven't become a heartless.....so yeah.....

10. Ruchi_Kyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Well.
    To summarize what I said; Xemnas rejoined his human (Xehanort), who was most likely released in the blast that set Riku free from the Heartless Xehanorts "possesion".

So, Xehanort probably became a human again, but was only half of himself, like Sora in the latter part of KH1, and in COM.

It's all in the way that they vanish after being defeated.
    Only Roxas and Xemnas vanished that way, and since Roxas returned to Sora, logic would say that the same thing happened to Xemnas.

11. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I'm pretty sure that is possible.

12. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Xemnas faded like threads instead of water (Demyx) or wind (Xaldin) etc. Each one has their own death scene.

13. Ruchi_Kyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Roxas and Xemnas had the same vanishing animation. >_>

14. Let me fix that up a little, as to not get people so confused.

Axel in the KH2 Novels, the ones written, has been hinted at returning to his original form, said so by Roxas with Naminé, or just one <-- "He didn't die, nor has he disappeared. He just returned to his original." Whether he might be in the upcoming sequel or not, remains to be seen, but there is also another clue, that he may appear in the future. Not as "Axel", as you can see. That clue, is saying to Naminé, before he goes off to explode, that they will meet again. By now, you already should know what means in the KH universe. Whether to toy with it, is up to you.

The only reason why Xemnas, known to be "dormant, yet can re-awaken" in the Novels (while the rest of the Org. are known as "deceased"), is because in the recent Nomura interview, which should be quite old news now, is said that when a Heartless is destroyed, the Heart released goes into a state of suspension (what type of suspension is unknown). If a Nobody is killed after, they can reunite and be whole again. In another twist, if the Nobody is killed first, and then the Heartless after, is only a chance that you may return, considering the body and soul disappear back to darkness otherwise, with the Heart still locked inside the Heartless.

This is a hint that Nobodies in general, maybe a few, if not all the Org., can have a still for a happy ending, whether we can see them in the next installment or not. It'll be colorful if they were there, however, exploring their origins. Considering that AMOUNT of Heartless had been killed by Sora, Riku, and others, even inferred in the game at how it was depleted, take it as you will.

Personally, I don't know who in their right mind WILL NOT believe that Xehanort is going to be back by this point, especially since Nomura put that little last second plot device like Xion plot twist into it to make it work that way, apparently. That was probably thought up around where BBS, 358/2 Days, and Coded were coming into fruition.

XEMNAS/ XEHANORT WILL RETURN.

He's the main villain. He caused trouble in BBS ten years ago (in which Terra might be connected with), and his other forms, depending on what the plot reveals, bring some more trouble in KH1 and KH2, as Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody, respectively.

Be sure of that.

It all leads up to it with these new side games coming to cover plot holes and explain what's left, tying it all to perhaps KH's final ending. I don't see it coming pass KH3, honestly. KH4 is tipping the line at best. The story is wrapping.

15. Repliku Chaser

Xemnas has just about the same chances as any Nobody does of coming back through a 'Somebody', which would be 'Xehanort'. The only reason he would not is if Riku actually did kill off Xehanort's Heartless and kept the power because it dwelt within him. The changing back Riku did with the energy over him may have been enough to not only cleanse Riku but also remove the taint of Xehanort's Heartless...which could have cleansed the Heart of him perhaps.

Either way, it's possible he could come back or not at this point. It was already declared by Nomura that any Nobody could come back under the circumstances that the Heart was there for them to merge with. Otherwise they fade to Darkness. Axel was in the novels sent back to his Somebody and many Nobodies may have been also sent back since as Twilight said, many Heartless were slain and sent to the true Kingdom Hearts, if not the pseudo one. Sora, Roxas, Riku etc and others had basically a whole year before KH2 began of killing Heartless as well and we know all they did in KH2, so the chances are that many Nobodies may have been returned to their Somebodies. Xemnas is an 'iffy' one due to the circumstances and all with Riku, but I wouldn't entirely dismiss the thought of it. It's also been said that we have not as of so far even seen the 'true' Keyblade Master. So we do have some mysteries out there to learn of and it may be very likely the 14th member of the Org and Xemnas restored whole to his Somebody may somehow reemerge.

16. Can't agree any Heart was involved. It would've been much more serious, and it would've been mentioned. All it is are remnants.

I think, there's no doubt, that Xehanort is the one with the 100% sign to return, and appear in the next installment. It would be anticlimatic otherwise, considering that through out ALL the games, ALL, we fought both his Heartless and Nobody forms (the Nobody being the leader of the main villains in both CoM and KH2), discovered -- and are still learning, his past, and this goes into BBS as well, no question. 358/2 Days still has Xemnas present, but as he's the main villain, it focuses on Roxas, who is a hero. Basically, any form of Xehanort has made its appearance in all titles. Perhaps not Coded, but really, who thinks that's going to change? If anything, there would be a mention. The whole KH plot revolves around him and his connections, really.

Is not a question of "chance", or "will or will not", is more like it's already set in stone. All signs point to it. Either that, or I will be surely pissed off that we wasted all these games on him, only to not have him return at all. I know I won't have to be concerned with that, though.

The only one who is still in "come back, or not come bacK" status is Axel, as well as the other members of the Org. Not that they will be the same person, of course. With Axel, or rather, Ale, Ela, Ael, etc., coming back, from him, we can learn whether or not the Somebody can retain its memory from the former life, as well as answer any other questions. It is still unknown, but I wouldn't put it pass Nomura.

17. 778MasterMarluxia Twilight Town Denizen

wow that made my day for knowing this. i kindv thought the same after beating kh1 again and it turned out to be true.

18. Sven XIII Destiny Islands Resident

Does this mean that technically Xemnas got what he wanted?

19. Defame King's Apprentice

I don't understand..
    Xemnas/Xehanort will come back in future games?
    The whole KH series is about him basically.. >.>

20. In a way...yes, and no. He wanted the power of KH more than a actual Heart unlike those who worked under him, so he didn't succeed in that aspect. However, he got a second chance to wreak his havoc being Whole, this time, in the future, as I'm certain he's too far into Darkness to just live peacefully [as it has been shown throughout the game so many times], and his end, or maybe purity [considering there's a 98% chance he's Terra, and death seemed a heartbreaking finish, since he's mostly a person who's gone astray, like Riku had], being the main villain of the series, will be in the third PS game.

Which is why if the other Org. members aren't back, who deserve it more than he does in terms of his actions as a Nobody, is going to be quite unfair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.