Xion's Days: 358/2 Days in the Eyes of the 14th member

Discussion in 'Archives' started by daisydog2, Jan 5, 2010.

1. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Okay so this is the first fan fic I'm posting! It's 358/2 days in Xion's eyes. Rated T for Teen, mild mild sexuality in upcoming chapters! The beginning may be dull idk, tell me what u think! Warning: RikuxXion shipping

My 358/2 Days
    Chapter 1: Awakening with a blank
    Day 7
    ………
    They told me my name is Xion. They gave me a black coat to put on. They told me to go to the Round Room for a special ceremony. They said I’m special. What does that mean?
    All I did was what I was told; I didn’t know what was going on. All I felt was… well, I felt nothing. Emptiness. Like, cold wind rushing through my body, but nothing stopping its path. I could barely form a sentence this first day of my life, all that came out was “…†Saix told me to keep a diary for some reason, I didn’t know what a diary was, he just said “Write something in this book each day,†and nothing else. So, on today, day …; what day was it again? Day 74 , I’m just looking back at my beginnings, on what I wrote and how I am today; nothing much has changed. I still feel empty; I’m still a nobody. And I still don’t have answers to why I am here.
    Day 23
    ……….
    I went on a mission with number XIII today. We didn’t talk. What was I supposed to say anyway? I don’t understand anything that is going on. After the mission, number XIII went off somewhere else by himself and I went back to the castle. I wonder where he went? I’m asking more questions lately.
    Nothing in particular happened between my first day of life and my first mission. I just stood in the foyer, and watched everyone bustling around, heading off on missions of their own. When members would ask me something or try and hold a conversation with me, I would just stare at them from behind my hood. The only person of interest around here seemed to be number XIII. He was a boy about my same age and he had the same blank stare I had for the first week of his life, then he became a chatter box and laughed at stupid stuff with number VIII. They seemed to be enjoying each other’s company? What’s that phrase when people talk a lot, hang out, and laugh together? Oh, “friendsâ€. Maybe I could be someone’s friend, someday.
    Day 24
    “Roxas.â€
    My first words came out of my mouth today. I called number XIII by his name, Roxas, on another mission with him today. He went off somewhere again when I rtc’d. Maybe he will take me to that place someday.
    This is the first day I said anything, and after that, I was able to hold conversations with organization members; somewhat… They’d say “Good morning Xion,†and I’d say “…Good morning…†and nothing else. I was becoming more cognitive as the days passed. Nothing really interesting was happening besides that. I didn’t even have a weapon yet. I guess Xemnas, our leader, didn’t think I was ready. I was ready. He didn’t understand that, and he never would know how special a nobody I really am.
    Day 25
    “Do you think I could be a friend?â€
    Today was my third mission with Roxas. I took off my hood finally, so he could see my face. We talked more, and he even took me to his special place. It’s on top of the clock tower in the world of Twilight Town, where he has ice cream. I even ate some ice cream for myself. It was called sea-salt ice cream; salty, but sweet. I asked if we could be friends, and he said he’d ask Axel, number VIII, when he returned. I really like being with Roxas. I hope I can be a friend.
    On this day, I gained power over the keyblade, and became a friend. This day was the first day I really started becoming like Roxas and Axel; talking, hanging out, and laughing at stupid stuff. I could care less about having this great power of the keyblade, but Xemnas seemed quite pleased when he discovered this fact. All I want is to be important and have a meaning; after all we nobodys don’t have much else to hang on to.
    Day 26
    “Will he wake up?â€
    Roxas fell asleep today, and is still sleeping. Saix told us not to get our hopes up, he said Roxas may not wake up. I felt this weird sensation, like my eyes were burning and full of something that needed to come out. Also, my stomach ached, but not the usual ache of emptiness; something else. I won’t give up hope. It’s only been one day. Roxas will wake, and when he does we will have ice cream together again.
    Day 27
    “I went to a new world today, Roxas. You should’ve seen it.â€
    Today I was sent to a new world. It was an island covered in sand, salt water, and shells. I hoped it would get my mind off Roxas, but the more time I spent on that island, the more I thought of him, and him never waking up. I got that weird feeling again. I picked up some shells and brought them to Roxas, hoping when I got back he would be awake, but he was still asleep. I talked to him while he slept, telling him about the island. I wonder if he heard me. I still am not giving up hope that Roxas will wake. No matter what Saix says.
    Ever since I ate ice cream with Roxas the first time, it’s been strange. I’m getting these weird sensations; maybe…feelings? But nobodies can’t feel. And if nobodies can’t feel, what is it that’s happening to me? Roxas slept and I thought he would never wake up, but I had to continue on with my missions. I wonder why this was happening to me? Why me? I just hope that when Roxas wakes up we will still be friends.
    Day 50
    “Goodbye Roxas.â€
    I was sent to that island again today, but before I left I went to check on Roxas. Saix stopped me and told me to proceed with my mission immediately. Then I saw Xemnas go into Roxas’ room. He’s been asleep too long. I think something happened to Roxas, and he won’t wake up. It’s over. I think Roxas will never wake up. I’m glad we got to eat ice cream together once.
    When I saw Xemnas enter Roxas’ room that morning I couldn’t bear the weird sensations any longer, so I went to the island and sat down on the shore alone; staring off into the distance. I picked up a seashell and listened to the ocean, and then something wet fell out of my eyes. What was it? I even saw someone else at the island that day, a man in an organization coat, who wasn’t one of us. I reported this to Xemnas. I went to the clock tower later that day and, to my surprise, saw Roxas sitting there! He was awake! I could hardly contain my excitement, so I gave Roxas the seashell I found today.
    “Listen,†I said as I gave Roxas the shell.
    He put it up to his ear and closed his eyes. I smiled and he whispered “Why does it sound so familiar?â€
    That was strange. Roxas had never been to the island before. I shrugged it off and sat with him; my friend.

Day 51
    “I hate being alone.â€
    I was sent on a mission today to Twilight Town to eliminate a giant heartless. I’ve searched and searched and can’t seem to find it anywhere. How could I miss a giant heartless? It’s getting dark and I can’t return to the castle a failure, I just can’t. So, I’ll continue searching, alone.
    I remember how lonely I was this day; it was only a few weeks ago. I felt like a failure. I couldn’t go back to the organization like this. I slept alone in a dark corner of Twilight Town, and I stalked the corridors of the city for this giant heartless for days, and then, all of the sudden I wasn’t able to use my keyblade! How would I finish my mission, how would I defend myself? I thought. Maybe, my friend would help me.
    Day 74
    “Friends help each other.â€
    It’s been too long. I’ve been away from the castle more than 10 days searching for this heartless, and as I search alone, weird things are happening. I’m having these weird dreams, every night when I curl up in a corner, these pictures flash through my head. I can’t really remember anything from my dreams, but I do remember one thing; that in my dreams there are three teenagers and they are all friends. Roxas and I are friends. Is he worried about me? Does anyone care about me?
    I still couldn’t use my keyblade at this point, and I was completely helpless. Suddenly, the giant heartless, a camouflage heartless, sprang upon me, and I didn’t know what to do. I ran a good distance finally running out of energy and into a dead end at the old mansion in Twilight Town. It cornered me and I thought I was done for, but then Roxas came with Axel. I was so happy! They even finished off the heartless for me. After that, finally, Axel, Roxas and I, the three of us, had ice cream together on the clock tower. This is where I am now. On the 74th day ofmy life. I’m having trouble controlling the keyblade, I’m “feeling†things or something, I’m dreaming, and I’m questioning what exactly a nobody is and who am I; all the things a nobody in Organization XIII shouldn’t be doing, but I now have two best friends, whom I can laugh with, talk with, and hang out with. What is coming in my life next?

2. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

hey, this is cool. a xion diary. sweet. ^-^ i like it. please continue. if you want creative advice, here it is. please try to put a larger space in between diary entries. it will make it easier to understand. thank you.

(yay first reply ^-^)

3. Juicy Chaser

The presentation of your work put me off to start, but once I started reading it was a pretty pleasant experience. The quotes at the beginning of each entry were a nice touch, and your writing style is simple yet of a good quality.

As Loxare pointed out, presentation is everything. Just using simple spacing between entries could attract more readers!

I congratulate you on your fine grammar and spelling, by the way.

4. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks for your comments! Very sweet! I will try and post the next part soon.