358/2 Days Xion's Voice...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by vaporeon, Jul 25, 2013.

1. vaporeon Merlin's Housekeeper

Did it throw anyone else off?
    I know Xion is more of an introvert, at first especially, but her voice was too soft and had this annoying quality that drained every scene she was in for me.
    I thought her death/return to Sora was meant to sound that way, and I liked that scene.
    She really sounded like these were her last moments and protecting Kingdom Hearts was her dying request of Roxas.
    But, throughout the game, she just sounded so detached.
    I know she wasn't a real person with her own memories, but her voice was so emotionless and lacked that "umf", even for a quieter character.
    I believe her VA was Alyson Stoner?
    I didn't like it.
    It annoyed me to no end. I really wish they would have chosen another VA for Xion.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I have to disagree. Yes, I do feel she sounded off during the commercials and trailers. But after listening to her in the game, her voice really grew on me, and I feel her voice fits her perfectly, and I really can't see anyone else voicing her. Same thing with the VAs for Terra and Aqua.

It was honestly harder for me to adjust to Zexion's voice (even though I think Vince Corazza is an awesome guy to talk to)

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, I like Xion's voice after a while. Terra's voice is also similar. I liked Aqua's voice ever since I first heard her speak. And I had a pretty hard time to adjust to Marluxia's voice.

4. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, I have to agree with the others. If you're talking about emotionless and bland you should be complaining about Marluxia....Xion showed at least SOME emotion during the game.

5. jafar custom title

Eh, not as bad as Aqua's voice actor. That's just ugh.

6. vaporeon Merlin's Housekeeper

Maybe I should add my dislike for Xion's English VA to the unpopular opinions thread!
    I didn't care for Marluxia in general, but I have to agree that his voice wasn't something I could get used to.
    Terra's had its ups and downs...and seeing the trailers for BBS, I wasn't happy with Aqua's voice but it grew on me and I love it now.
    Xion's didn't throw me off like it did during my first playthrough, but I'm still not satisfied with it after playing through Days again.
    I will admit though, I did like her in the scene just before the final battle and I cried during her death...but didn't we all?

7. 61 No. B

This.

I tolerate both because there's nothing I can do.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

I personally was not fond of Xion's english VA. But that is okay because the game is on a D.S with very few cut scenes anyhow. When 1.5 comes out maybe Alyson Stoner will show more emotion during the cutscenes that have not been dubbed yet?

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I liked Xion's voice a lot. If you want a voice that sounds dull and uninterested, try Aqua's. Xion was just kinda... mellow. It's refreshing, with all these other loud personalities in the series.

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

How about Marluxia? I think he's worse.

11. Luxord22 Destiny Islands Resident

Alyson Stoner isn' the VA of Xion anymore, if I remember correctly Hayden Pannetiere took her part after Days, so I guess she will also voice Xion in the cutscenes of Days in the HD-remake. I personally have no VA at the moment about who I could complain. And I liked Alyson Stoner as Xion voice.

12. 61 No. B

What's wrong with his voice? I think it suits him well.

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I think it suits him well, but his English voice is too..... heartless..... It usually lacks any emotion. The Japanese Voice actor did better....

14. 61 No. B

Well that's pretty much a given. The original voice actors are almost always better.
    I still think the english voice actor for him did an okay job though.

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, almost. Vexen's Japanese voice actor is terrible, at least on my opinion. He should have voiced Szayel from Bleach instead....

16. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Well yes it might sound dull but considering her character and what she actually is i think the voice suits her well, although im not once to care about voice acting. Unless it is bad enough for everyone to notice. *shivers* Ughh Tidus' laugh.

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Her Japanese voice is even more odd, you see.
    However, once you watch some scenes and get to see her expressions more, you begin to like her voice.

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, in a game series where pretty much all of the characters have such boisterous voices, voices like Aqua's and Xion's are refreshing. They don't lack emotion, the emotion is just better hidden, so you have to search for it.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

I quite like Xion's voice, I've always found it somewhat soothing and it's one of the reasons I liked her as a character in the kingdom hearts series. Would be dissapointed if they changed it.

20. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm actually ok with her voice. It wasn't horrible, and it kinda matched her personality, in my opinion.