Yeah...umm...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Captain Hero, May 22, 2009.

1. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

Okay, if you guys are gonna post here, I need you to be mature about it.

So, there's this girl that I like, and I'm pretty sure that she likes me, but I don't know if I really like her, or if I just want to get with her for sex. We're really good friends and if I did get with her just for sex, it might ruin our friendship. I want to ask her out, but I don't know how well a relationship would work between us. And I don't want to go out with her and break up with her because I only wanted sex, that's disrespectful, especially to one of my friends. So, does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

2. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Well, it sounds like you already know that you just want to go out with her for sex. If you're thinking about that, then that probably means that's what you want. And if that's the case, then I say don't do it; both of you will just end up getting hurt. You should want to be with her just because you enjoy her company, not because you want anything from her.

3. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

I do enjoy being around her, but I don't want sex to be an underlying cause in getting with her. I've been friends with her for a while and we're pretty close.

4. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Okay, well the fact that your so worried about it kind of indicates that it's the main thing on your mind right now. But, the fact that you're worried may also mean that you'd be able to push those thoughts aside if you really care about her. Just ask yourself this: If you knew that she wouldn't have sex with you for five years or more, would you still want to go out with her? If yes, then you actually want a relationship and you should ask her out. If no, then sex is more important to you than just being in a relationship with her.

5. Repliku Chaser

It's good to think these things out and realize that you have a good friendship with her and you could ruin that because of hormones in the end. What I would do is see what makes you her friend in the first place. Is the friendship there only because you are attracted to her or do you like her for other reasons? Are these reasons then that you see enough to want to go out with her and not feel that you are only sexually attracted to her? If you can say yes to that, I'd go for it, because then your heart in other ways would be for it. If not, give yourself some time and don't act on the going out part so that you don't trash the friendship, since it seems important to you.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for you, however things turn out.

6. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Agreed. Relationships should not be build because you want to "do the do". It would be better if that waits for a more mature age.

7. int2646 Traverse Town Homebody

It's impressive that you know about this before anything happened.
    Anyway, my advice to you is to spent time with yourself keep thinking about it and try to control your urges.