Kingdom Hearts II Yen Sid? Spoilers I guess ...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Clawtooth, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

So, at the end of the cutscene at Yen Sid's tower near the start of KH2, Maleficent appears to return there, or that's at least implied. However, when you go there, Yen Sid is gone, which I thought meant that she either killed him or turned him into a heartless.

However, Yen Sid appears in the secret ending of Re:Coded, so this cannot be the case.

My question is, where did Master Yen Sid go during the events of Kingdom Hearts 2 until he appears again?

Thoughts?

2. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

He might have gone to like a back up place that if something where to happen to the mysterious tower because nobodies were invading that place. Maybe Castle oblivion since it also rests between light and darkness. Also
    that it was once the home of his friend Eraqus

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Who said that Maleficent tried to kill him? I think it's more along the lines that she left. Maybe she thought she wasn't powerful enough to kill him.

4. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    I think aqua may have a point... He would go to somewhere familiar to him would he not? It's either that or he was maybe exploring the threat the nobodies pose... (who said he had to be cooped up in the tower forever right?

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I agree, I don't think that Maleficent met with Yen Sid. After she was resurrected, I'm pretty sure she just left.

As for your actual question... He could've gone anywhere, even Castle Oblivion.

6. P Banned

As a Gandalf-esque figure, he has a structural obligation to vanish shortly after giving you your mission. We are to assume that he is away, performing various wizardly duties.

7. Krowley Moderator

After the party leaves, Diablo, Maleficent's Raven, arrives with Maleficent's robe that was left in Hollow Bastion. The three good fairies recognize it immediately, and their memories of its owner start to work magic on it and bring Maleficent back to life. She plotted to take over the Tower and announced her return with her trademark laugh.

It appears, though, that she failed, as she instead began targeting other castles all over for the same reason, and later, when the player can return to the Tower, there is no evidence that she ever held any sway over it. However, Yen Sid and the Good Fairies are completely absent, and the Tower is overrun by lesser Nobodies.

(Taken from Kingdom Hearts wiki)

It's just one of those things they don't really explain.

8. Final force Moogle Assistant

Yen Sid went grocery shopping with the farries for a long time LOL
    :P

9. Daxa~ #stalker

Hmm...thats a very good question!
    Maybe he was in Castle Oblivion,or just randomly going around??

10. ▪Jay▪ Banned

You never wonder about these things while in the game. If Yen-Sid is as powerful as the game makes him out to be, then why isnt he helping fight against Organisation XIII?

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

he's really old so maybe he was in the bathroom

12. venitas Moogle Assistant

lol you're soooo right. no one ever said that Yen sid spent all his free time at the top of that tower, sitting there doing nothing xD he must've simply been doing researches or something somewhere else. :P

13. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    Could you imagine spending your life like that? I think it would suck... but ya, i think ^that is pretty logical

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My guess is he went somewhere to research or to stay safe which is what others have said. I don't know why nothnig happened to him as you don't realyl see a battle between Meleficent and Yen Sid, he could have scared her off or just beaten her since he was King Mickey's master meannig he must be very powerful. Nothing would have happened to him, he's a Disney character, he won't die and neither will Meleficent.

15. Kouichi Merlin's Housekeeper

I have no idea,
    maybe... he went to some kind of place that might be a library or somewhere which full of knowledge.