Kingdom Hearts II Yen Sid's Book

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Destiny's Force, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

If this has been discussed before in another thread, I apologize. This is what's written in Yen Sid's book before he brings the player up-to-date on Heartless and Nobodies.
    What relevance does this have to anything? Your thoughts?

2. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

The Begining = KH1

The interlude = CoM

The Future Story = KH2

Its like a prophecy.

3. AlexisNobodyXV Destiny Islands Resident

Yes I am thinking the same thing. It's like Yen Sid knows what is going to happen and what has happened.

4. DancingCookie Traverse Town Homebody

It's pretty much a cryptic sparknotes of the series.

5. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

The Future Story...

:blink: They had sparknotes in KH? Makes you wonder why there aren't any cars there either. :p

But that leads me to another question. If Yen Sid knew what was going to happen, why didn't he just tell Sora, Donald and Goofy the plot instead of trying to be all vague on it?

Okay, the first two passages I understand is the original KH and CoM summaries.

But...

I get the line about "reason is mere existence." That would be Organization's goal, right? Why Yen Sid didn't just tell them that instead of saying he didn't know is beyond me. :sideways:

But what's the rest mean?

6. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Will the day come when this battle, born of confusion, will end?

Sora had no idea what was going on the first half of the game. I didnt even know what was going on until you fight Xemnas.

It is different things to different people.

Sora and Roxas are different people. They each saw the world differently. Roxas knew the Org, Sora did not.

Can the reality be that which is hidden?

Sora's chain of memories were lost, or hidden.

The reason is mere existence.
    Still, memories can be believed.

You got it right.

Be not afraid. Entrust your body to the soothing waves of your memories. By and by, your fleeting rest will be over...

And then it will begin

Sora wakes up, Kingdom Hearts 2 starts.

7. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

What I always asumed it meant:

"The Beginning" - Now that I think about it, the first two lines could also possibly be about Birth By Sleep and the keyblade warriors. When did the book say it was only about Sora anyways?

Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farewell. - I think this is about the three and their raft, their wish to explore other places - though Destiny Island was swallowed by Darkness separating them.

When a farewell leads to a journey, the worlds open their hearts. - The mission to lock the keyholes, when Sora has teamed up.

Those chosen by the light, or ensnared by darkness. Friends who share the same bonds, though their paths may differ. - About Sora and Riku, about what choices they made. At this point they're still friends.

When you doubt the path trod thus far, when the hand you held is lost to you, gaze anew at the heart that once was... - Riku was tricked believing Sora had given up on him and Kairi, Sora is confused by Riku's sudden attitude against him. But in the end Riku tries to take back command of his own body to help Sora.

for all the answers are within. - End of the world..

"Interlude"

A long dream. - It could mean Sora was already sleeping restoring the memories.. Or right after KHI in the crossroad, on their way to castle Oblivion.

A sad farewell, hanging in the air in that "world between". - Marluxia stole Sora's memories making them cards, they have to walk upwards to regain them. They're literally in a trapped situation.

What is reality? What is illusion? The path chosen by the young boy leads to his memories. - Namine get's inside Sora's memories, he becomes blind wanting to find her, further losing his real memories.

When caught in the stream of the days and nights going past, gaze anew at your steps... - Marluxia's plan gets ruined, Sora helps Namine even after finding out the truth.

for there all confusion will end. - Sleep...

"The Future Story" - It's like there's a mix of both Sora and Roxas with these lines... Not so easy to figure out, I'll just say my thoughts KH2 style.

Will the day come when this battle, born of confusion, will end? - Could be about who Roxas truely is, the Org one or the Twilight one, you all saw how he was literally tormented.

It is different things to different people. - Could be DiZ' view of the fate of nobodies and Roxas/Namine in general, and Namine's faith concerning her and Roxas becoming whole again one day.

Can the reality be that which is hidden? - Maybe when Roxas and Kairi got a sudden moment of contact?

The reason is mere existence.
    Still, memories can be believed.
    - When Roxas remembers everything, the nobodies' goal etc. Yet he still doesn't seem to want to give up on the Twilight life either, I dunno.

Be not afraid. Entrust your body to the soothing waves of your memories. By and by, your fleeting rest will be over... - Roxas desides to merge with Sora, for whatever reason. For the moment both will be at peace.

and everything will begin. - Obviously.... when Sora finaly wakes up.

Needs more theories, guys - I want to see other's point of view.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I think this part is talking about the memories Sora gains about CoM and Roxas, memories that as far as he knows are not his but are real none-the-less.

9. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

I assumed that meant that tearful good-bye between Sora and Kairi when they were seperated in the last CGI movie. The worlds were being split up again, but they were still technically in the world between.

10. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

I actualy replayed the game to read this because i thought it might have something to do with BBS but from what ive read i dont think it does

11. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

That makes much more sense. :3 Can't believe I didn't think of that ..

12. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

My interpretation...

The start of the adventure began with Sora, Riku and Kairi planning to leave the islands for a journey beyond the horizon.

The night before going on the journey, the worlds chose Sora to fight the darkness and restore their hearts.

Sora's the chosen warrior of light while Riku's the chosen hero of darkness. They're both heroes and friends, but they have different styles and ways to solving problems.

When Sora lost the Keyblade and his friends (all four of them), he looked inside of himself to regain the power he needed to wield the Keyblade once again. When he understood that Kairi's heart combined with his, the answers finally revealed itself to him.

"Interlude"

Self-explanatory. Sora's sleeping.

Already explained that was the moment Sora and Kairi parted ways before the worlds restored themselves.

Castle Oblivion's ability to change its white rooms into whatever world Sora's memories shaped it into.

Sora had to sleep to regain what was lost.

"The Future Story"

It could be referencing how everything began with Birth By Sleep.

The end of the battle doesn't necessarily mean everyone wins.

Roxas' memories within his heart are clashing with Sora's memories.

Organization XIII only wanted to exist. But who's memories are real and which are the pretend?

Roxas must merge with Sora to finally get some peace.

Continue the Kingdom Hearts journey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.