Yoda vs. Mickey

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by O13 Follower, Jan 21, 2014.

?

Who wins Yoda or Mickey

1. Jedi Master

25.0%
  2. Keyblade Master

58.3%
  3. Xemnas getting bored watching this and killing them both

16.7%
  1. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I started with Xemnas vs. Vader thinking it would be good only to realize it was too one sided so now I am going to go with two well known Badasses (or what ever the plural is) Jedi Master Yoda vs. King Mickey master of the Keyblade and has been refered to by me as the New Yoda. The battlefield is the Memory Skyscraper on the World that Never Was both warriors get all abilities except Mickey doesn't get Stopza, again trying to make it as even as possible while being entertaining.

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I knew you were going to make this eventually, I think Mickey would win, but Yoda would put up a hell of a fight before losing. While i think Yoda is better than Mickey at fighting with a sword-like weapon, Mickey can probably hold his ground long enough to use some form of magic, which Yoda could only dodge. Then again Yoda's force ability is also something to be reckoned with. I think Mickey's magic could still finish him.

3. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Oh, yeah no question. Also to be clear I made this shortly after you aided me with the suggestion, I am saddened by the fact Xemnas vs vader is thriving while my child is dying, can you help me get this more noticed or give me tips on how to make it more noticeable

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

No idea how, I rarely make threads, and they're next to invisible most of the time. Also try to avoid posts that are unrelated to the thread in the thread itself.

5. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

thank you and also Mickey wins

6. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

I shall post an explanation once I have time! For now though, I would say Yoda wins.

7. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

If you can (by which I mean right now), state thy reasons for thinking Mickey won't murder the 900 year old badass

8. rulerwaffle Merlin's Housekeeper

Hmmm... I think one of the bigger questions in my mind is what would happen as a keyblade and light saber would collide. That would have a lot do with who wins. But there's also the problem that Yoda is experienced. And didn't Mickey just become a Master? I don't know exactly who could win but I just think we shouldn't count yoda out so early with how much he knows and is able to handle his surroundings.

9. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

A battle between Yoda and Mickey would definitely be close; however, I do believe Yoda would win. First off, I'll start by stating how Yoda and Mickey are fairly equal. I'm going to assume that both are fighting at their current prime.

Starting from the very beginning, Yoda is a very experienced warrior with a natural calling. He was born, able to use the force, but didn't know it until a Jedi Master found him and told him. Trained by a Jedi Master in the Jedi Order known by the name of Master Gormo, Yoda became a Jedi Knight at an early stage of his life. At the age of 96 (now keep in mind, he died at 900 years old) he became a Jedi Master, and was elected to join the Jedi High Council. He had even begun to train his own apprentice at this time; therefore, showing he was already wise enough to teach. The Jedi High Council elected him a senior member unanimously. Now I'll fast-forward through all his life because, basically, he gained a lot of experience and wisdom during these times.

Now compare this to Mickey's early life. When he was young, Mickey worked as a steamboat hand for Pete. He never mastered a Keyblade until after the Xehanort-Terra hybrid was created. In Birth By Sleep, he is still shown to be taking the Mark of Mastery Exam. As opposed to Yoda, Mickey has also shown to be fairly impulsive. He ran away from Yen Sid's training (without Yen Sid's permission) to go to other worlds. In a battle situation, a calm mind is more likely to concoct a stable battle strategy, as opposed to one that brashly runs into battle.

Now onto Yoda's prime abilities. Yoda was known to be the most skilled user of the Force in the galaxy. He has shown the ability to delve into the minds of people and read their thoughts as well as control them. Yoda also successfully mastered the Force Push and Force Wave. Using such methods, he's able to telekinetically move objects that are 100 times larger than him, including space crafts and buildings.

Another core strength of Yoda is his lightsaber mastery. When throwing his lightsaber, Yoda has shown deadly accuracy. He's able to throw his saber at enemies whereas Mickey has not demonstrated abilities like this. By "this" i mean the ability to accurately use anything projectile-esque to defeat enemies. Although both Mickey and Yoda have superb dexterity and acrobatic skills, Yoda has the ability of Force Valor. This ability increases one's accuracy and speed. Mickey and Yoda are fairly even when it comes to dexterity, but to have that slight edge over Mickey, Yoda can easily wear the mouse out. Also, Yoda mainly used Force Valor as a means to compensate against Palpatine and Count Dooku because they are taller/bigger than him. Yoda's Force abilities are a huge advantage over Mickey's magic and even Keyblade skills. Yoda is a master in all combat skills, though his preferred is Form IV Ataru which he mainly uses to compensate for his size. This shows that Yoda's power is mainly held back due to his size; however, Mickey and Yoda are only 3 centimeters apart. Therefore, Yoda's fighting would be much more augmented than it would be fighting someone like Count Dooku or Darth Sidious.

Even at his old age, Yoda exemplified great strength. He was able to deflect force lightning with his bare hands that Darth Sidiuos attempted to kill him with. Not only that, but Yoda can even foresee an individual's death from far away distances. Mickey is limited to magic as his only intangible method of offense/defense. Even with his magic, his magic abilities are also very limited. The Force has many forms and can be utilized in vast ways.

Finally, a battle outcome always comes down to intangibles such as knowledge, and emotion/perseverance. Obviously, those with more battle experience are more capable in a fight. If you don't have perseverance to fight, you will just end up giving up and trying less because you don't believe you can win.Yoda can use the force to lower the morale of an opponent using battle meditation. He can lower Mickey's morale before going into a battle, and we've all seen how naive the Kingdom Hearts characters are. Yoda's omniscience is unmatched when compared to Mickey's naivety.

In the end, Yoda simply has way more experience than Mickey and his powers are much more expansive. Yoda was born to win a battle between the two, and Mickey had to do hard training to get where he is now. Even now, Mickey is still weaker than some of the Kingdom Hearts characters. There were only 3 people that could fight on par with Yoda. Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, and Mace Windu. Other than that, Yoda is the most powerful warrior in the Star Wars universe.

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Well when you put it that way, I see how Yoda could win, but how would he handle Mickey's magic?

11. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

That's kind of a situational thing and is hard to explain without having them actually fight. However, Yoda could counter it with his force powers using his surroundings to his advantage. Possibly blocking his magic with various objects around him.

12. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Just because I got rid of Stopza doesn't mean he doesn't have the other stop spells one must learn to get to stopza, also if Yoda is close then Mickey uses that move he uses in KH: Re CoM where he creates a pulse of light which knocks out everything within the pulse leaving them vunerable to attack, now the keyblade is as strong as a weilders' heart and they have resisted energy weapons before example sora blocking Xigbar and Xemnas's weapons so the key likely won't break.
    Edit: everything this includes airborne targets like Air pirate heartess

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  13. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I never really thought of a keyblade breaking because of a lightsaber. I can't see that happening with powerful keyblade wielders. Mickey could also use some moves he had in KHII, when you play as him after Sora's defeated.

14. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Wait doesn't cure also recover stamina as seen in KHII when Areith used it on Yuffie when she was exhausted and then Yuffie got up ready for more.

15. rulerwaffle Merlin's Housekeeper

That's the major thing though here is that we don't know for sure, because we can't see who a light saber would react with a keyblade or if the force could have a push on magic. I dunno, I feel like the light saber would be more powerful than what Xemnas and Xigbar use, I think the keyblade wouldn't probably but cut in half or anything, but maybe Mickey himself would have to make sure it doesn't happen, which is possible with his magic. As for the magic used against Yoda(just repeating what Daspade said up there) he could use his surroundings and the force to keep Mickey form using it.

16. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

how, energy would block energy, ethereal in my opinion beats plasma, also people can use magic while being tossed aside have you seen the battle of the Keyblade graveyard. also this is the big square in the world that never was, unless you are telling me Yoda can run up buildings like what roxas or sora can do, I don't see how it will work that well. also Mickey has Pearl which is a homing missle of light.

17. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Yoda can run up buildings, and if Yoda times it right he could block pearl with a random object or possibly his lightsaber.

18. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Ok, I have only seen him hop around alot never seen him run up buildings, also ok, I give you Pearl, but the light pulse I still stick with that.

19. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

With the right timing, Yoda could get hit by the pulse, and that would end up in his defeat. If Yoda's force could push buildings, and spacecrafts around, then how can he not run up a building? Or at least jump from ledge to ledge very quickly. Also, there is no evidence that Mickey can run up a building.

20. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

These are solid buildings which makes it harder than what Yoda Normally pushes and also Sora cut through them like butter and he isn't even a Master, although I say Mickey speedblizs' out of the way because I can't just say he cuts throught them because Sora can would be supremely stupid of me. Also Mickey has a similar jumping style as Yoda so if he can jump up from ledge to ledge so can mickey