Your experiences with people.

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Inasuma, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

How do you normally feel about someone new that you meet? How do you go about "judging" them (so to speak) and making an opinion of them?

I ask this, because today, while I was talking to my friend Andrea, she told me that my logic was 'strange' to her and the general 'norm.' I found this confusing, because the only difference between my logic and the "typical" logic (if there is such a thing) is that I tend to be more analytic about people, but at the same time, don't recognize this as an immediate problem or baracade to talking to them. She tells me I'm a "geek" for being so overly critical about things... on the other hand, I told her it can be easily argued she's "ignorant," even if she does think she's really intelligent, by being so superficial with her information in regards to other people.

Discussion commense...now!

2. The Fuk? Dead

Everyone in general says they don't judge people these days. But in all actuality, everyone does whether you think so or not. Me personally, I look at a couple different things. I look at their physique, because a healthy body shows discipline and hard work most of the time. I don't look at clothes, because I myself don't have the kind of money to be going out and buying nice clothes, so other people may not either. I do look at how people handle problems and "drama." It shows maturity if you can deal with adversity without losing your mind or your temper. The last thing thing I look for, is people who just simply smile. A person who always smiles is usually someone that I want to be around. They usually are nice people, people I can relate to.

3. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Usually I have a vibe about certain people, if I have a weird vibe I'm usually right..Then I don't go near that person.I've been through to much shit to not listen to my vibes.

4. In_the_Twilight Twilight Town Denizen

I think we all judge, its just that those who are extremely aware of it appear to be "over-analytical" because they scrutinize their own thoughts.

5. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That reminds me of TWEWY. lol
    This is why it's so important to be analytic. If you aren't, you will never be able to shape a flexible understanding. Glad someone realized that. <_<;

6. Repliku Chaser

Everyone makes judgments about people. Some people are just more flexible about it and allow a judgment to change and expand over time of knowing someone. Others will forever keep judging a person off a first impression and there's nothing short of a miracle or some major event happening that will change their minds.

I am pretty analytical by nature and study things, noticing stuff relatively quickly so that barely anyone realizes I was actually paying something any mind. I've also been extremely perceptive and it pays off in the fields of interest I have, which mainly has been archeology, sciences and forensics, legal stuff and some police work. One thing I do try to do, so I'm not 'closed minded' is that I try to understand that people are not always in the same disposition each time you see them. People have so many layers to them unless they truly do try to be very stereotypical.

People do say things about me often that my looks don't match my 'nerdiness' because I'm a thinker. I also work out, kind of wear a lot of black and have red stripes in my hair and piercings. I kind of fit more the goth punk sort of thing, and I'm half Apache so that is weirder yet. I make it a life goal or something to defy stereotypes. It also makes me study others more and know them more for who they are so I don't cut anyone short because oddly enough there are others out there like me who just want to be themselves. I would have to say that probably the people that want to be themselves and go to a beat off their own drums are also the ones that others always think are weird, but they tend to be the most perceptive. I wouldn't consider it to be 'not normal' though because a lot of times people don't know who analytically thinks and studies things because they won't often say for fear of being considered nerdy etc. :/

7. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Do you mind me asking what "TWEWY" is?

I'm guessing it's a breed of being creeped out or..it happens all the time unfortunately.DX

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

TWEWY is a game. The World Ends With You. Your "vibe" idea greatly resembles how the levels of existence are in the game.

9. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i guess their clothing at first? that's not always true tho, sometimes i judge their personality first, it really depends on the situation.

10. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't judge people I just meet(but I do if I get to know them enough).
    I made that mistake in October.
    I met this girl S(not saying her real name) in my art class, and she had like dyed black hair, and I was thinking,"Are you emo?"(I have nothing against emos) but, turns out, she's really really girly.
    She just hated her natural hair colour, which is like bleach blonde, so she dyed it black.

11. Juicy Chaser

I'd like to say I'm fair and do not judge people on first appearences but at times I do and my impression of how that person looks the first time I meet them sometimes lasts for the whole of our companionship. But I'd say that's kind of like the "first stage" of my judgement. Then later on I'll discover more of their personality and build up a longer lasting, more permanent judgement of them.

>.>
    Hope that made some sense xD

12. Repliku Chaser

It does. That's pretty much how I have to say I am. I try to for each person have a 'template' of what I notice and it gets filled in over time and some areas that were 'wrong', I simply erase those and put in the more correct thing so all through knowing a person, they show me more of their character while I continue to let them by not closing my mind. Of course, if they screw me over in some way, I'm more likely to just move on and not deal with the person anymore unless something happens where I have to.

13. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I hate to say it, but I DO judge people by appearence a lot of the time. Or how they act. I often say to myself "She's a dork" or "He's an idiot" and then I find out that they're completely different and I really start to like them. So I always judge people wrong when I first meet them.

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I barely judge people with looks, its first impression that lasts with me, there was a girl on my bus (no offense to people) she was miraculously overweight and wore EVERYTHING PINK she wore horrible pink spandex everyday had a pink strand of hair i mean everything was pink, until i talked to her, she was a very nice person and i really connected with her

15. water mage Kingdom Keeper

I try not to judge people by apperances, but it all depends on how they view or treat me as. At one time when I was younger I was so naive that I almost trusted everyone and it turned out to be false hope and nothing but heartache and utter dissapointment. Now I'm more wary of who I meet and don't trust anyone as far as I throw them until I get to know them better. This goes for any co workers, friends of my friends and friends of my family or any possbile boyfriends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.